Viper Tuners in Maryland?

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking for a tuner and performance shop to do work/mods on my Viper here in Maryland.....any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too ... when Jason Heffner left for Florida seems like we lost the talent in MD.

Any recommendations, folks?

OP
OP
M

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Lee......thanks for the phone numbers.......does Mr. Muller have a website?

As for Heffner........yes it sux that he has left Maryland........I was too late!!.....his shop was 40 mins from me......

I have a tuning shop local called EIP......they do mostly VW and Porsche, but said that they could do installs for me.......not sure how I feel about that though?

All I want to start out with is exhaust.....

ViperJohn........I'm just looking to have a "place" that I know will be there when I need Viper work done......I wouldn't take my VIPER to the dodge dealership unless it needed warranty work........I hear Tators is worth the drive from MD.....

Basically I guess I need to save my pennies to ship my car all over the world to get work done that I'm not comfortable doing.

Just wish I had a "viper dude" local to me.

Thanks for the input guys!!.........and if you are ever in the market for a snake with a real "paint job"......take a look at the "paint" on my site. :headbang:

Ralph....

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph,

I've been local a long time and, although I hate to spread stuff I haven't experienced first hand, I've only heard bad things about EIP. From the track and street crowd, golf/jetta guys have told me they're not good - one story included a guy leaving his car at the shop for work, went to the track with a friend and saw his car being raced by EIP guys. Must have been mentored by [*****]. lol

That's the street rumor anyway.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryon Muller, only guy I will let touch my cars now that Jason is gone. He's in Fall Church, VA

571.228.4794 cell

Would like to hear more about Bryon as well. He's only about 20 minutes away from me.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Bryon have a dyno / do dyno tuning?

I'm debating a Paxton vs some basic mods (exhaust, gears).

If Heffner were here, I'd do the Paxton no question & have him tune it safely, but I'm worried about getting a safe tune & having someone to go to if I have any issues.

Dave.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Bryon have a dyno / do dyno tuning?

I'm debating a Paxton vs some basic mods (exhaust, gears).

If Heffner were here, I'd do the Paxton no question & have him tune it safely, but I'm worried about getting a safe tune & having someone to go to if I have any issues.

Dave.

He does not have a dyno.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He does not have a dyno but he has contacts with those that have dynos and he will go with you. Arrange it and monitor the test. I have been through this process with him with a car with MAJOR work, he can find any part at the best deal and build anything. The only thing he really has to outsource is the dyno or alignment stuff. And he knows where the absolute best guys are for that and will negotiate and manage those contacts for you. Full service, and beyond anal in how the work is done.

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for someone who is Viper knowledgable and trustworthty for working on the Viper (either basic mods, maintenance, or dealer type work) I don't think twice to trailer the car 5-6 hours to Tom Sessions in Wilmington, NC. :usa:

As far as the bigger mods like the Paxton example mentioned, if it were me, that is enough of an investment and risk that I'd send it to Jason in FLA.

In either case you can always count on another local...Gary Almond to transport your car to either place. :2tu:

Jim

OP
OP
M

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dman.....I have heard the same things about EIP.......they did a lot of work on my Duramax and I was very happy with the work. They did tell me that they didn't want to do any work on the Viper a few months ago.....

I know a lot of the guys in the shop and just last week they said that "they would" do some work on the Viper as long as I got the parts.

I will be calling on Bryon Muller when I'm ready........also Tom Sessions in NC isn't a bad ride.

Thanks for the input.......I just can't believe there isn't a single "viper dude" in MD....grrrrrr.....and I do NOT want to let anybody work on the Viper who has no experience........like me......LOL......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave