Viper VS. Z06 - VIDEO!!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh happy joy,

Les finally read one of my posts where I agreed to race.

But there really is no debate except in the heads of some zo6 owners.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the Z06's I saw run today barely made it into the 12's. Stock vettes were low 13's.

Z06Les

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,

Chill out dude, why do YOU always have to show attitude? I don't come to this forum or thread very often, and I don't read back over all the posts. I am truly glad you are going to "test" with the McRat's (hopefully your Supra pal Kal as well, he seems like a good guy).

So have you guys set a time and place, agreed tires etc? The internet world is watching :)

Les

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, we are watching.

Russ,if you cant run a consistent 12.2's, then you better think twice about racing against Mcrat.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At Palmdale on factory style rubber McRat will be lucky to run a 13.0.

As I said before ET streets are pointless since that is not what the test is about.

Les,

Chill out? I have no reason to be anything other than calm. If you re read all the posts on this and the Vette forum it is you who needs to calm down. I am doing this in good spirit while you are on a mission to insult me personally. My skin is much thicker than your average "Keyboard racer" isn't that what you called me?

Perhaps its time you take some of your own wise words that you gave to WiseGuyZ, and rethink your attitude.

Mrs McRat

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As I said before ET streets are pointless since that is not what the test is about.

I believe LACR is open to T & T every Friday night. Pick a day that is good for you and let us know

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Russ M make sure the Mcrats are stock...You read what happened to 96GTS over at the Vette forum :D .......Im still laughing from that one....Remember if anyone is modded it proves nothing...

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe LACR is open to T & T every Friday night. Pick a day that is good for you and let us know

Mrs, McRat

I was thinking about going up there with the Vette club this sunday, if I get out of the F1 race party early enough. But dont hold your breath we usualy do lunch after the race and then the day is over.

PS. Do you live in LA or SD? Perhaps a Wed night grudge would be better since there are much fewer people.

Mrs McRat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We live in Corona.

McRat will be racing tomorrow but he won't have his street tires with him. I don't race the challenge, as only one of us can bracket race the car. So there isn't even way to get the street tires down there.

Wednesdays will also work if you want.

Z06Les

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Russ, I called you a keyboard racer, still do. When you show up and race I will get off that topic. I called you a troll on the Vette forum too (not here, that would have been rude, this is a Viper forum and guests should behave accordingly, like you should when you visit the Vette forum), because that is the way you acted in some of your posts. You cleaned that up a bit and I haven't called you a troll in a while. And for sure I raise a big BS flag on your "wisdom" when it comes to the performance of a Z06. Your ignorance knows no bounds, but that is about to change. The video will be out soon, the facts will be our friends.

Les

Z06Les

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mrs. McRat, Don't worry about being 100% stock, he isn't either. Also watch the wording on the tires, seems he wants to run aftermarket rubber and say you are limited to the F1SC's. Not sure why Russ cares what mods you have, since it is impossible (according to him) for any Z06 to run better than a 12.5, and after 1st gear the race will be over. :) :) :)

Go kick his tail and report back, soon please.

Les

Mrs McRat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't forget the window sticker; it came from dealer like that.

That's in the glove box :laugh:

Someone better remind me to remove the red Fuzzy dice though :p

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
zo6les, you shouldnt be talking
"this is a Viper forum and guests should behave accordingly, like you should when you visit the Vette forum"
and you have behaved how?

-dan

Mrs McRat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mrs. McRat, Don't worry about being 100% stock, he isn't either. Also watch the wording on the tires, seems he wants to run aftermarket rubber and say you are limited to the F1SC's. Not sure why Russ cares what mods you have, since it is impossible (according to him) for any Z06 to run better than a 12.5, and after 1st gear the race will be over. :) :) :)

Go kick his tail and report back, soon please.

Les

No worries Les :)

Our ET streets & our .25 cent intake mod will be in my mini-van :D

Kat

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are trying to get some races going, anyone in MS have a z06 they want to line up? Everyone I have raced at the track has been dog slow. I have removed my muffler and can run with or without DR's. I ain't scared. Win or loose it would be fun.

Mrs McRat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are trying to get some races going, anyone in MS have a z06 they want to line up? Everyone I have raced at the track has been dog slow. I have removed my muffler and can run with or without DR's. I ain't scared. Win or loose it would be fun.

This is the what racing is suppose to be about
You must be registered for see images

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Win or lose you will both still ride home in a great car.

Mrs McRat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm Stock Vs Stock Search is a wonderful thing

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=7131&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=15&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=7131&Search=true#Post7131

My Viper only has exhaust/no cats/k&n's, smooth tubes/25% under drive pulley

So I quess I can assume Russ that your cats, stock filter, stock under drive pulley, & stock spark plugs will all be back in the car & not in the trunk?

OP
OP
J

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think we should just quit the talking, get to the racing, post the videos, and then we can continue all the talking!!

Z06Les

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J Smith,

Let me know what 1/4 mile track is nearby (track name ans city please) and I will see if I can scare up a Z06 or two to have some fun. Let me know your mods and times too. Not a big deal either way, as Gary said both parties will still drive home in a great car :)

Mrs. McRat, amazing what a little research will uncover :) I guess this means it will be OK to leave your air lid off?? :) Like Jonh C said - just go ahead and race the guy and let's put this one to bed.

Les

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Les, I have smooth tubes/filters, muffler delete, hi flo cats, and now roller rockers.

Tuscola Motorsports(IHRA) in Lena, MS (1.5 hours away)

Hub City Raceway - Hattiesburg, Ms (1.5 hours away)

Can run street tires or drag radials.

I agree lets stop talking and take it to the track.

Hook me up Les. :cool:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mrs. McRat,

I never commented on racing you in mild mod form, some of the others did. My factory plugs are back in the aftermarket ones were causing the car to pop too much. I dont care about your lid or your minor bolt ons. The tires is your best friend in a 1/4 mile race and both of ours will be stock.

Les,

I dont know which psychic helpline you are using to get your information but I have made no comments regarding my tires being other than stock Michelins.

You didnt call me a troll on the Viper forum? Huh I guess this is another Les on the vette forum right?

"Quote"
"There is a troll on the VCA forum that I have tried (unsuccessfully) to convince that we have many stock or near stock Z06's running low 12's, and even a few running high 11's. He claims to have never seen a stock Z06 run better than a 12.5. He never posts his times, I believe he is a keyboard racer, and I know he has with a crap attitude.
Can some of you who drag race your cars in SoCal PLEASE go the the Viper forum - http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_forums.htm

Look at the Z06 vs Viper video thread in their racing section, scroll through it and challenge this troll Russ - and win or lose prove what our cars are capable of? I tire of the debate with Russ, so just let me know the outcome, I don't plan to visit the thread.

Later, and good luck!

Les"

Once again Les you seem to be stuffing your foot in your mouth, keep it up.

Z06Les

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

I will hook you up - thanks for the detals.

Russ - do you read what you type?? I said I never called you a troll on this forum (I didn't), and said I did on the vette forum, which is what you pasted?

As for tires I assumed your lack of being straight up about mods potentially included aftermarket rubber. I will leave it to Mr. and Mrs. McRat to conclude what is fair - either way they will kick your butt. I don't need a psychic to know when someone is being less that truthful either. True, you didn't mention tires, just like you didn't mention an underpulley. You didn't SAY you were running stock rubber, I guess you leave that to the reader to decide by reading between the lines.

Les

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is ***!!! A stock Z06 will never be faster than my car! It just won't! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of hearing ZO6 people say that. I have a TON of friends that have them, and not one of them thinks they can beat me without heavy modding. This topic wears me out!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot,

You are absolutly correct however some zo6 owners seem to think that if one of the more experienced zo6 drivers beats a novice Viper driver that means that the zo6 is faster.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, you can ******** a pair of slicks, line up against a guy that can't drive, dump the clutch at 6500 rpms and beat a viper. Does that count? I think not! You won, but you weren't comparing apples to apples! Line me up against a 90 year old man in a pro-stock car that falls asleep at the light. I won!!!! My car is faster than a pro-stock car!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets