Vipers and Marriage

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen ... I am getting married. I am 34 and the single life is about to end. My co-workers and friends are already taking bets regarding how quickly I will sell the Viper once I enter into marital bliss. Some have even gone so far as to suggest that a Mini Van is in my future. :eek: However, my bride-to-be actually likes the enjoyment that I derive from the Viper. Aside from her many fantastic qualities, this is one of the reasons that I know she is right for me. Bottom line ... I have a great girl and a good life. She has even suggested that the Viper should serve as the "get-away" car at the wedding. Any other "Viper Friendly Spouse" stories out there?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If she is anything like my wife the Viper is going nowhere, unless maybe to upgrade to a faster one. If not, good luck! Let me know and I will take it off your hands cheap.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm marrying my fiance BECAUSE she loves the Viper as much as I do. Helps out with the payment and drives it whenever she gets the chance. That's a keeper. :)

PS- We're also using the Viper as a "getaway" car at our wedding.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magic and anyone else:

Chaulk it up to nieveness ( I am only 23 and not married...lol ) but why would get rid of it? I know marriage is supposed to be "2 people", but why would you marry someone who expects you to, or would in some way demand you get rid fo the Viper? I would imagine most Viper owners get one because they truly love the car. So what does it say about a person that when you get married, they say "it has to go?" When the time comes for me to get married, my wife is gonna have to like my truck , viper ( by that time I'll have one ) and any other toy I have. I just don't see why so many guys say that the man has to "give in or else" in a marriage. As if to say our opinions or wants ( cars and toys ) don't matter as much...

joegolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last fall after buying a 02 Carrera and having it for a few month my wife knew I still wanted a GTS. She keep buging me to go find one but i just could not justify buying another car that soon. After three or four months SHE found an 01 with 220 miles on it and we ended up buying it on January 1st. So she wanted me to buy a viper. How great is that!

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"No man should get married before he's 40. Good luck."

One of the most intelligent things I have EVER read on this site!!!! Props Chuck!!

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at it another way. If you did sell it and end missing all the driving fun, you'd be talking to her about it until she couldn't take it anymore and end up getting another one. Keeping it is a much better financial proposition :)

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>FranciscoR:

The only answer I can think of is, if you led a wild "bachelorous" life, and your resources are limited, the woman may want you to sell the Viper so that money can go towards more "practical" things, buying a house, raising a family, etc.

That's just on paper though. In the real world, F* that... if the Viper is a part of your life, and she can't accept that, it's probably not meant to be. No point in staying with a woman who won't let you be you.

That being said, I'm 23 and getting married next year... :eek: *covers head with hands*...

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife loves our Viper and all the attention people give a 5'2" beautiful women driving an American muscle car. She was scared of it at first, now she get as much of a kick out of it as I do.
To hell with mini vans, my father had 8 kids and always had a new vette every couple of years. Its all about priorities. :D

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A wife that wants to use the Viper as a get-away car at the wedding is a keeper for use. Good luck and congratulations on marriage.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started to talk about getting a '04 Viper and trading in "the green machine". That didn't go over very well. The conversation went something like this: Me: I thinking about selling the Viper and getting a new one. Wife: 2 words Elena Bobbitt. I think I will keep the car.

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started to talk about getting a '04 Viper and trading in "the green machine". That didn't go over very well. The conversation went something like this: Me: I thinking about selling the Viper and getting a new one. Wife: 2 words Elena Bobbitt. I think I will keep the car.

Ouch! I am starting to get nervous now.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That being said, I'm 23 and getting married next year... :eek: *covers head with hands*...

23????!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY????!!!! My Gawd, how can I stop all this insanity?! Are you young bucks not having any fun anymore or what?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my advice. It's based on many years experience and of watching what other people do.

1. Get married if you think it will make you happy, it might work out.
2. Keep the Viper.
3. Never have any children.

About #3,
I don't think many young people really think about what a life changing event a child is.
The reality of the expense and the real possibility of a broken relationship, makes the decision to have a child, the most important decision you will ever make.
The decision to have a second or third child is much less important.
I've been married almost all my life, never had any kids and never had any of the problems that so many of my friends have had. I tell you this so you won't think I'm just a bitter old coot.
If you do #3, you will have a much better chance of 1 and 2 working out for you..

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"That being said, I'm 23 and getting married next year... *covers head with hands*..."

Someone needs to save this poor wretch.

...Take him to Cancun in February, Bangkok, or Los Angeles with a few $$$ to spend. Read to him tales from former men turned husbands and fathers so prematurely in life. Where young, unsuspecting men of 23-24 were lured with promises of marital bliss, travel, fun, unlimited sex, multiple incomes, and guarantees of no hassles about owning an expensive female magnet like a Viper only to become a bitter, sexually bankrupt, emotionally defeated, sour-milk smelling mini-van driving, former Viper (and penis) owner stuck with a woman 150% of her former self while the last bits of your youth and hope drain away into a garbage disposal clogged with crayons.....

For all that is good in the world... someone please save him!

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife encouraged me to buy the Viper. I realize there are many women out there that do not or will not support their spouses dreams and wants. I have wanted a Viper since they began production in '92, and my wife new this, and supported me in my quest to aquire one. You just have to find the right person.
I do however have to respectfully disagree with #3 above though. I have 2 children, 10 and 5, an I can honestly say that they have given me more joy than any car or material item will ever be able to provide. My kids enjoy the Viper almost as much as I do. The fun of owning a car like the Viper is to be able to share it with others, and I have 2 extra people to be able to do this with.
I also realize that kids are not for everyone, and the way some parents raise their kids or lack there of, I sometimes think there ought to be a test!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"That being said, I'm 23 and getting married next year... *covers head with hands*..."

Someone needs to save this poor wretch.

...Take him to Cancun in February, Bangkok, or Los Angeles with a few $$$ to spend. Read to him tales from former men turned husbands and fathers so prematurely in life. Where young, unsuspecting men of 23-24 were lured with promises of marital bliss, travel, fun, unlimited sex, multiple incomes, and guarantees of no hassles about owning an expensive female magnet like a Viper only to become a bitter, sexually bankrupt, emotionally defeated, sour-milk smelling mini-van driving, former Viper (and penis) owner stuck with a woman 150% of her former self while the last bits of your youth and hope drain away into a garbage disposal clogged with crayons.....

For all that is good in the world... someone please save him!
True True

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this a while back.......you should read. Meanwhile, I'm getting married myself.

I strongly recommend the book but the following DONT:
National Organization of Women
American Bar Association
Rev. Jerry Farwell
The League of Women Voters
National Association of Trial Lawyers
Daughters of the American Revolution
American Medical Association
College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
National Council of Churches

Victims of the predatory female are strewn all over the nation, writing alimony checks, recovering from gunshot wounds, treating cat scratches,trying to see their children, paying attorney's fees, picking through the detritus of their lives, and struggling to recover from ruined years. Hopefully, by hearing the screams from inside the well, we can avoid falling
in ourselves.
--from a radio interview with Rev. Shannon
http://www.vegastar.com/Banner/

THE REAL LESSON IN THE GARDEN

Q: What is the real lesson in the garden?

A: Adam & Eve were instructed not to eat the fruit of the tree. The Devil evidently studied both humans to figure out which would be easier to tempt, the least stable. Consequently, Eve was tricked into eating the fruit. But remember, Eve was tricked; Adam was not. The real lesson is that Adam, seeing the banishment of Eve, purposely gobbled the fruit because he couldn't stand to be w/o her. Rather than be left alone, he skulked to the tree, and, with both eyes wide open, munched his way to damnation. History's first grovel. Adam groveled to avert loneliness. Even today, thousands of men are flushing their lives & fortunes, usually into the marriage mill, to avoid being left by, or without, a woman.

THE CHAMELEON SYNDROME

Q: What is the chameleon syndrome?

A: A quasi-supernatural transformation, the chameleon syndrome is the predatory female's unholy ability to become whatever the script calls for in "hooking" a man. She will adopt his viewpoints, his attitudes, his hobbies, and his dislikes. Her personality will change to suit his. She will enroll in classes, become a gourmet cook, stop smoking, switch religions, accept his friends, humor his jealousies, develop a relationship with his relatives, or whatever else is called for. She will change colors in the rocks like a chameleon. Of all the traits exhibited by the predatory female, this chameleon syndrome is one of the most lethal.

Q: Why?

A: Because, amazingly, the predatory female is completely sincere about her new behavior. She isn't consciously aware of any deception. She transforms involuntarily. She could take a lie detector test & pass. There is nothing crooked in her mind. Consequently, the male detects nothing amiss because there is nothing asmiss. Everything is normal & natural. The predatory female has matched herself with the surrounding landscape; she adapted to her environment for mating & survival. The male innocently concludes he has met the "right" woman.

AT THE STROKE OF MIDNIGHT

Q: How long does the chameleon syndrome last?

A: As long as it takes to subdue the male, which usually means the bonds of holy matrimony and the enforcement powers of the judicial system.

Q: Then what will happen?

A: The adaptation is no longer necessary, the spell is broken, and the colors begin changing back to the original. "we've grown apart," is the familiar statement. "Our values have changed." In truth, the chameleon has simply relaxed to its natural, more comfortable exterior.

Q: You say "more comfortable exterior." Are you implying the predatory female is uncomfortable in the adapted colors?

A: Although unaware of it, she is often ill at ease. Most people have seen an acquisitive woman working hard to bring a man to the altar. She may lose weight, become nervous & fidgety, cry a lot, or develop insomnia. These are signs of the a chameleon chafing in her temporary exterior and compose more traditional trademarks of a predatory female.

ME, MYSELF, & I

Q: How do we begin to identify a predatory female?

A: One giveaway is that she flatly represents the self-centered faction of the population. While a male gravitates toward things & activities, a predatory female is primarily concerned with herself. Since the publishing industry is extremely sensitive to readers' interests, a glance at any news stand will help explain. Publications designed for men bear titles like Sports, Flying, Electronics, Mechanics, etc., while those sold mainly to females are called Self, Glamour, Image, Me, Woman, & so forth. The predatory female is concerned chiefly with herself & what others think of her. This is a basic rule. A picture of a cat, spending hours licking itself, comes to mind.

Q: Are you saying the predatory female is an egomaniac?

A: Not at all. The predatory female rarely exhibits an ego the way males do. Her ego has given way to convenience and practicality. Moreover, she is quietly amazed at the excessiveness of the male ego. Unhampered by ego, she is quicker and more adroit than the male. It is curious how the female will sometimes berate the male about his ego when that very weakness often enables her to control him. Again, the predatory female is not ultimately concerned with what men think of her, only what women think.

Q: Beyond herself & her status with other women, does anything else pique her interest?

A: Yes, any combination of money, romance, and excitement. The scent of these accommodations will have her rising like a cobra from a wicker basket. The provider of such diversions occupies center stage in her life, but his identity is unimportant to her, and it's a temporary position. Nobody can amuse her forever. All pied pipers eventually fade into the past.

Q: You haven't mentioned love as an interest of the predatory female. Why?

A: The predatory female never loves any man; she only loves the love. This is a basic rule.

Q: What is the acquisitive mode?

A: It is the yawn of the predatory nature, a primal stirring. It may rise slowly to the surface - a monster from the lagoon, or it may blindside you like a tiger charging out of the brush. The mode can be triggered by many things. She suddenly wants to get married. She is bored. Her best friend got married, she doesn't like her job, she wants to move into better housing, she just turned thirty, her sister got engaged, or a host of other reasons. Her invisible electronic gun sight begins sweeping the range, scanning to acquire a target.

THE ULTIMATUM

Q: My live in girlfriend threatens to leave me very soon if we don't get married. She says she will regretfully find another man, one who understands her needs. Since all my friends have been ripped off, I am suspicious of marriage, but losing her would be a devastating blow to me. I have grown very comfortable with her. What do you recommend?

A: You are facing the ultimatum, the calling of your hand, the springing of the trap, and the most common power move of the predatory female. "If I don't get what I want, I'll leave & look elsewhere. I, me, I, me." This is always the bottom line with a predatory female. A man cohabits peacefully (more or less) with a woman as long as he does what she wants. If he balks, she leaves him unless he has become some sort of personal challenge. In that case, she'll stick around until the matter is resolved, but will begin lining up replacements. Remember, if she doesn't get what she wants, she is PERFECTLY willing to be without you. You are expendable. Will you be any less expendable after she gets what she wants?

Unload the hairbag. You've already mad the mistake of letting the camel into the tent. Even w/o marriage, you may have trouble getting her out through the door. There may be a scene. The camel may buck, collapsing the tent and strewing your belongings all over the desert. But at least you'll still own the tent & its furnishings.

You are going to have to face being alone until you find another squeeze. This may take some remedial training & conditioning. But first you must get rid of the problem. Act worried. Tell her to go ahead & move out because you need to make up your mind alone. It's a tough decision. You need as couple of months by yourself. Be accommodating & help her find new quarters. Help her move. Get your house key back. Send her change of address to the post office. Once she's out of your house, get her out of your mind & remember Lot's wife........don't ever look back.

THE AFTERGLOW

Q: What is the afterglow?

A: The facial expressions of the newlyweds constitute the marriage afterglow. On the female, it is a quiet, contented, & privately triumphant look. On the new husband, it is an expression found on infants who have just crapped in their pants. He sits stupidly in an oozing euphoria, grinning form ear to ear, subconsciously knowing he's just made a serious error, but not really understanding it. He somehow suspects that now HIS clothes go on the wire hangers & HERS belong on the wooden ones.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and never had any of the problems that so many of my friends have had.

And you never had or never will expierence any of the joys and wonderful moments
that children and a family will bring you either. :)

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am remarried and last June just celebrated 5 years of bliss :) . I had been shopping for a "new to me" car for a long time. Being a motor head and wanting something somewhat "special" I was very fickle over the course of looking.

I had finally decided to order a new E55 although still liking the S55. I had decided the Viper was not going to be practical in many ways. Too hot inside, only two seats, baby due in August, two other kids in the house, yadda yadda......

Now keep in mind the car that I was going to get rid of was a Blown intercooled Trans Am that was barely streetable. It was very fast but had become more and more a drag car with plates. It was a hobby that I spent significant time and money :(

So arrived the time that the E55 was being preferenced and I was still debating the S. That day at lunch I looked on the internet for used GTS's again and noticed a couple local to me. One I went to look at since it was close to the office.

So that night when I get home we have a discussion about the cars. I told her that I had looked at another Viper and it seemed pretty clean and a reasonable deal.

Her comment, now keep in mind she was 7 months pregnant!

Why don't you get the Viper?

My moral of the story. It's incredibly important to find the right woman if your going to get married. One that perhaps knows you better than you know yourself. One that's not going to try and change you to be something different than what she likes about you. And the inverse of that is also true.

Carl

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About #3, Never say never. I agree, kids do put a whole new level of strain on a marriage so make sure you and your spouse are prepared for it. I've also seen lots of people using their kids as excuses for not doing more in THEIR life. ie travel, go out with friends, owning Vipers. Have kids, but don't give up your own dreams. Lead by example. 60% of all the people I know with kids, the kids are the decision makers in the house. Where to go on vacation, what car to buy, what to eat for dinner. Raise children don't have them raise you.

D.I.N.K.'S
Double Income No Kids

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I let my son influece my decision on the last car I bought. Other than that, I don't normally let them talk out loud.

Carl

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Q: What is the afterglow?

A: The facial expressions of the newlyweds constitute the marriage afterglow. On the female, it is a quiet, contented, & privately triumphant look. On the new husband, it is an expression found on infants who have just crapped in their pants. He sits stupidly in an oozing euphoria, grinning form ear to ear, subconsciously knowing he's just made a serious error, but not really understanding it. He somehow suspects that now HIS clothes go on the wire hangers & HERS belong on the wooden ones.

Yep. It is certainly time for a tall (very tall), strong (very strong) drink. You guys crack me up. However, I do appreciate the advice and well wishes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456