Vipers at the Biltmore! August 22-23! More info!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previous Info:

Here was the original thread for information: http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-viper-events-gatherings/626614-vipers-biltmore-august-22-23-a.html

Here was the previous update thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-vip...7511-vipers-biltmore-august-22-23-update.html

Not yet signed up, you still can!

For those who have not yet signed up, you still can! See the signup info in the next post. If you want to stay at the Biltmore at the discounted group rate, we *might* be able to get you in at that, but it may be difficult at this time - let me know though, so we can try. Otherwise, you can stay at the nearby SleepInn (details below).

Signed up, need a room?

For those who have signed up to attend, but are not staying at the Biltmore, we suggest staying at the nearby SleepInn (link and details below). Also, please copy and paste the form in the post below with your info and email it to Don!

Staying at the Biltmore?

For those who have signed up to attend and are staying at the Biltmore, you should have already registered yourself with the Biltmore at the discounted group rate. If you had signed up to stay at the Biltmore, but have not yet registered at the Biltmore (just a couple of people), try to register with the information provided or let me know if you have a problem registering.

Send in your checks for admission tickets!

For those who have already signed up, please be sure to send in your check for the discounted group admission tickets (unless you are with the Canadian group who is being addressed separately, or an active Carolinas Region VCA member then you are covered by the region).

Any questions, please let me know! This event is going to be great!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
“VIPERS”

AT THE

THE BILTMORE

SATURDAY AUGUST 22ND & SUNDAY AUGUST 23RD

COME OUT AND JOIN US FOR A FUN TIME AT THE BILMORE ESTATE

Multiple events planned!

(SEE ITINERARY FOR SCHEDULE)

RESPOND NO LATER THAN 15 AUGUST

ON ATTACHED FORM AND EMAIL IT TO

FOR THOSE WISHING TO SPEND THE NIGHT, WE ARE PROMOTING THE

DON SMITH (301) 643-5588

[email protected]

DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS ONE!

MAKE YOUR PLANS NOW!

ITINERARY FOR AUGUST 22ND & 23RD

This is a tentative itinerary and subject to change.

Saturday August 22nd:

9:00 a.m.
Arrive at entrance to Biltmore Estate and pick up tickets at Group Sales Office, $34.00 per adult (discounted group rate), normally $55.00

9:30 a.m.
Get cars parked in display area

10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Self-guided visit of Biltmore House & Gardens

12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Travel to Deerpark Restaurant and group lunch buffet at the Deerpark Restaurant ($18.95 per person)

Saturday Afternoon Options, either (or maybe both, TBD):

Scenic cruise off site

Self-guided visit of Winery and Biltmore site

6:00 p.m.
A relaxing informal social/dinner off-site, location TBD”

Sunday August 23rd:

7:00 a.m.
VCA Photo shoot in front of the Biltmore house

8:00 a.m.
Breakfast buffet at the Inn at the Biltmore

9:00 a.m.
Leave the Biltmore Estate & for those heading west or otherwise interested, travel to the Tail of the Dragon and/or the Great Smokey Mountains for additional scenic driving.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
“VIPERS”

AT THE

THE BILTMORE

RESPONSE FORM

NAME:_____________________________________________

CAR: YEAR__________ MODEL_________________

VCA Member Region (if any): _________________________

NUMBER ATTENDING THE BILTMORE ESTATE:_______

(GROUP RATE of $34.00 per person (Normally $55.00), or

$0.00 (up to 2 people) for current members of VCA – Carolinas Region)

(This fee gains you access to the 8,000 acres on the estate to include the Biltmore House, Gardens, Winery & River Bend Farm)

NUMBER ATTENDING THE DEERPARK BUFFET:______

($18.95 per person)

NUMBER ATTENDING THE BREAKFAST :______

ON SUNDAY MORNING AFTER THE PHOTO SHOOT

($18.95 per person for the buffet or you can choose to go “a la carte”)

*PLEASE RESPOND NO LATER THAN 13 AUGUST!*

EMAIL YOUR RESPONSE TO:

DON SMITH (301) 643-5588

[email protected]

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any updates, special info we need to know?

An email just went out last night to everyone with the latest update, and that same info is here:

This weekend is the Vipers at the Biltmore event! We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. We will also have a special guest of Tom Sessions, premier Viper Tech, for any questions (and hopefully not necessary, any technical assistance).

The initial on-site meeting location will be in the parking lot across from the group sales office at the Biltmore, between 8:30 and 9:00 am on Saturday the 22nd. Event information flyers will be available on site for the rest of the itinerary, basically as previously outlined.

If you'd like to join a caravan up to the Biltmore in Asheville Saturday morning, there will be some caravan options, as follows.

One from the Triangle area at the Exxon on E. Harden St. in Graham, NC (Exit #140 on I40/I85) at 5:15 am and depart by 5:30 am. (Anyone from the Triad area that wants to join up, please contact John Slaughter at 434-242-6842.)

One from the Concord/Charlotte area at the Zmax dragway entrance (right off of Exit #49 off of i85) at 6:15 am.

From there both caravans will proceed and meet up in Statesville on I40 westbound at Exit 148 in the parking lot of the "Boxcar Grille" at 6:45 am. We'll wait around 15 minutes and then leave at 7:00 am to head to Asheville to arrive around 8:30 am.

Anyone who just wants to meet us there at the "Boxcar Grille", be there at 6:45 am, otherwise you can just hang out on an exit ramp along our route and just join us as we go by.

The Concord/Charlotte group will be heading up I77 northbound to I40 westbound in statesville and then on out to Asheville (contact is Don Smith 301-643-5588).

The group coming down from the Triangle area will going out I40 westbound the whole way
(contact is John Slaughter 434-242-6842).

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CORRECTION! The caravan from the Triangle will meet at the Exxon on E. Harden St. in Graham, NC , which is Exit #148, not 140! (Yes, it's the same exit # as the Statesville meetup, which is because then it is just on I40 and not the merged I85/I40.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth