Vipers In Snow, Post your snow pictures!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SNOW!?? Sorry, don't know about that stuff! 75 today, and 80 on Thursday. Gee it's tough to have the top down and enjoying the sunshine in Arizona. Sorry bout that!

That was then - this is now. Ah, but it's a dry heat. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh.......113 yesterday!!! Just a bit on the toastie side.........(7% humidity), but wait!!!!! This morning it was 79.......and "perfect out", took a drive and had a great time....and then when it "warmed up" I actually turned on the AC! That was "really cool!" ANDDDDDDDDDDDD by the way.........just a little over an hour away are the 80 degree temps in the mountains........SNOW????????? I don't think so!!!!......heat????........ just a part of living in the desert.........and I've NEVER shoveled any heat, and can drive my Viper year round!!!!! I've been to Georgia, and Florida in the summer and you can have that humidity.....MUCH worse than the dry heat..........!!!

Oh......PS.....the pool is a "perfect" 86 degrees today.....AND the temperature in the house is a very comfortable 76.........Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to add........we don't have to screen in our patios to keep the bugs out!!! AND......When you get out of the pool your actually cold because the water evaporates so fast.......from the mid-west to the north and southeast of the US.......during the summer you can't "dry off".....you get out of the shower and you STAY wet! Not my cup of tea.......90+ degrees and 300% humidity.....that's worse than it could ever be in Phoenix.........the west is best! Oh yes.....and the question of the post is about.....SNOW......did I spell that right? I don't know what that is!......."just a little more of a dig.......no pun intended!!"

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to add........we don't have to screen in our patios to keep the bugs out!!! AND......When you get out of the pool your actually cold because the water evaporates so fast.......from the mid-west to the north and southeast of the US.......during the summer you can't "dry off".....you get out of the shower and you STAY wet! Not my cup of tea.......90+ degrees and 300% humidity.....that's worse than it could ever be in Phoenix.........the west is best! Oh yes.....and the question of the post is about.....SNOW......did I spell that right? I don't know what that is!......."just a little more of a dig.......no pun intended!!"
Yes Phoenix/Scottsdale area is very nice but you can't have everything. Here on the coast in South Carolina we have sandy ocean beaches (WITH LOTS OF BIKINI'S) cool mountain air when needed within a couple hours, gambling boats on the water, river cruises, winding country roads, the largest motorcycle rally in the world in Daytona in a couple hour drive, etc...etc... Alot of excitement and alot of relaxation if needed. But YES, THE HUMIDITY ***** RIGHT NOW!:omg: We don't usually get this till towards July-September!

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think, I'd be moving to Alaska!!! If it was that hot or find another place to live. It's easier to put on more clothes than take them off. Ohh, the Viper is in the garage.
06Decsnow.JPG

But, I just moved to Salem and really liking it here.:)

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck is my daily driver, so rain, sleet, or snow it's what I'm using.
Thankfully I grew up and learned to drive in a town that got 30' of snow a year (Steamboat Springs, CO). I'm pretty familiar with what to do- and what not to do- on snowy/icy roads. The only new aspect is having 500 HP to deal with. :D

This past winter was fun. Especially when The Weather Channel puts up stuff like this:

:D

The big storm was a two-parter. The first one dropped about 6". The second wave was about 18":

Isn't it odd how animals know more about the weather than we do? Our prairie dogs are pretty damn smart:

:)
(clockwise from the top: Maximillian, Loki, Chamonix)

After I'd removed the 6 inches from the driveway, I got to go back and do the new 18"!
Of course, I have to do her side of the driveway first:

Even with a broken shovel, I finished the driveway.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry for the late response but that viper is 3 vipers old and its a buddies shop! Ill get some pics of my new rt10 in the snow soon as we are expecting more tonight here in CO!

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry for the crappy work camera phone... my digital camera broke bouncing around in the glove box of my boat this summer and Ive been too lazy to replace it...

top down, windows off for a 5 mile cruise to the local bar/restaurant for lunch...

back home chillin next to the Harley

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, seemed appropriate to post pics of my RT on this thread after pulling outside for all of five minutes....only time its actually been in snow (or close to it):

The car was freezing and so was I.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear that Texas has frozen over. Apparently the orange crops in Florida are endangered as well.

Wife and I drove down the coast to LA and took a Mexican cruise a few years ago. Spent 5 hrs parked on the freeway in Oregon while Energency crews cleaned up a Suburnban that spun out in front of a semi (fatality). The Apricots in California were being sprayed with water as the ice would protect the fruits from being ruined by the cold. Weird.

Ted

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ted, yes, Dallas is cold...in the 30's. My wife is in Dallas this week on business, needed a coat and still cold. In-laws live in Florida, same deal....man its just cold. Up here, its almost always cold, was in single digits last week and still hasn't really come out of it...snow just never has a chance to melt. But, look who I'm telling, you being up in Canada!

Nice red GTS you've got there.

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, its warm up here in Vancouver! Green Christmas and 10 degrees above freezing lately. We are hoping for some snow on the mountains at least before the Olympics begin.

Suffering from Global Warming. :dunno:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only 2 things wrong with my 98 GTS were that it was red and had runcraps.

News said "disaster area" in Illinois today.

I bought that 98 GTS even though it was red. My favorite was a 97 Blue/white with Roe sc. It had drag radials and went 10.5s in the quarter mile. But the Blue/w had 50K on it and was the same price.

I feel bad for guys like Dave 6666. No snowmobile to enjoy the cold and snow. No Gortex or thinsulate to keep them warm. Those guys will have to wear fur coats to stay warm, lol.

Ted

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just spoke to my wife, she said it was in the teens in Dallas tonight, ugh!

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-12 tonight and -20 tomorrow night with thirty mile-an-hour winds - brrrr.

I'm going to try to take some pictures of the Vipers this weekend next to some twelve foot drifts:2tu:

The wind and a few more inches of snow blew my drive shut today - 1200 feet of driveway one to five feet deep will take a while to dig out tomorrow.

I haven't had to plow snow for three years and now I can't keep my driveway open.

If we have man-made global warming and we can control the temperature of the planet by using special lightbulbs and driving StupidCars then I say we all start driving our Vipers a little more and warm this place up - I'm tired of all of my neighbors borrowing my tractor and asking me to pull them out.:rant:

Cheers, Lee

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm, 16F here in BC. My 1200' driveway broke the plow off of my Quad and I had to use my Case 580 super E to clean my driveway. I used the yard and cut through the trees on my sled, which is my normal transportation - not the car.

Ted

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, 16F here in BC. My 1200' driveway broke the plow off of my Quad and I had to use my Case 580 super E to clean my driveway. I used the yard and cut through the trees on my sled, which is my normal transportation - not the car.

Ted

When I was young (very young) everyone around here had sleds - we had much more snow then. I remember people having snowmobile parties every winter. Since then everyone has sold them off because when we do get snow it melts off in a week or two and with the winds we get you never have a consistent base. If someone around here does own sleds then they haul them up to North Dakota or Minnesota and cruise the groomed trails.

I have heard that weather changes in thirty to forty year cycles. If that's true and this trend continues, there will be a couple sleds under our christmas tree next year.:2tu:

I saw your snow toys in the background of one of your old posts on this thread - I'm jealous, they would be a lot of fun around here right now.

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ted, I was just looking at a map and I couldn't help but notice - your kinda in the middle of nowhere. I figure about halfway between here and Fairbanks.

Are there many other Vipers around there?

It must be awesome country. What do have for wildlife around there...black bear, brown bear, grizzly, moose, carribou, elk?

My buddies and I haul horses to the black hills and the Rockies several times during the winter just to enjoy the scenery, drink a lot of beer and play guitars in the back of bars (if we can find a place that still likes Merl Haggard, Johnny Cash and Bill Monroe). I hope that some day I will have the time available to see some of western Canada. I have a collection of nearly twenty years of Calgary Stampede posters but I've never been there. I guess it's on my "bucket list".

Cheers, Lee

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Julierpass in Switzerland at 7.500 ft altitude.
Picture was taken End of November last year.
Dry roads and absolutly NO traffic on the street!
So i had to whole street for me alone.:2tu:
Although the pavement was cold the tires got MORE than "hand-warm" :D:D
Engine loved to breath cold air and honored it with some extra horsepower....:headbang:

picture.php

Greetings from Austria

Rainer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh