Vipers In Snow, Post your snow pictures!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear that Texas has frozen over. Apparently the orange crops in Florida are endangered as well.

Wife and I drove down the coast to LA and took a Mexican cruise a few years ago. Spent 5 hrs parked on the freeway in Oregon while Energency crews cleaned up a Suburnban that spun out in front of a semi (fatality). The Apricots in California were being sprayed with water as the ice would protect the fruits from being ruined by the cold. Weird.

Ted

Global warming Ted. :lmao:

V

Venomiss

toyvipersnow1.jpg

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some of mine! Different years of returning home, each time, preferred to just pull up in the yard rather than risk the impossible driveway to the garage or to leave it on the street.

2003, returning from Florida:

DSC001481.JPG

2004, returning from Florida, in SC, icicles:

ViperIceRear.JPG

2004, returning from Florida:

ViperIceLawn04.jpg

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ted, I was just looking at a map and I couldn't help but notice - your kinda in the middle of nowhere. I figure about halfway between here and Fairbanks.

Are there many other Vipers around there?

It must be awesome country. What do have for wildlife around there...black bear, brown bear, grizzly, moose, carribou, elk?

My buddies and I haul horses to the black hills and the Rockies several times during the winter just to enjoy the scenery, drink a lot of beer and play guitars in the back of bars (if we can find a place that still likes Merl Haggard, Johnny Cash and Bill Monroe). I hope that some day I will have the time available to see some of western Canada. I have a collection of nearly twenty years of Calgary Stampede posters but I've never been there. I guess it's on my "bucket list".

Cheers, Lee

Yes I am in the middle of nowhere and love it. Highway 20 has no traffic cops except the ones sent out from Williams Lake. We have all wildlife you mentioned plus Muskrats, Fishers, Otters, beavers, huge amount of birds, cougar, etc.

I like Merle and Johnny Cash(outlaw). Calgary Stampede is a week long. Here we have Anahim Lake Stampede that is a weekend long. About the only times I take my 440 Duster out of the garage is the Rodeo parade each year.

We have many ranches here and several Outiftters that rent horses and do guided horseback trips into the 4 different Mtn ranges. We have 800 lakes within 50 miles of here. One of our resorts runs a flying/slightseeing service and our area from the air is mind boggling. We have 2 glaciers that Duncan would land on and supply lunch. Those glaciers are like going to different planet (or alaska) being completely barren with no vegetation of life of anykind. The high alpine explodes with flowers and colors of all kinds every spring/summer. The original 1600s Alexander Mackenzie Trail is close to highway 20 on it's journey to Bella Coola. Heck we have 1 Mtn in the Rainbow range that looks like someone paint a 3500' candleflame in the gravel side of the Mountain! I'm sure it could be used to explain GOD.

Move visiting Wstrn Cda to the top of your Bucket List.

Ted

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that an optical illusion, or is your driveway literally a sheet of ice? It looks like you could skate on it (if it weren't sloped).

It was a sheet of ice, as were the roads basically getting to the house, made for some great driving home! :drive:

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just don't understand why on earth you would take a Viper out on winter roads. Guess you guys don't have salt used in your state or all own car washes in your garage. Maybe a few of you did the 4cyl, traction control mod. Ice & snow & gritty roads just spell disaster to me.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never saw chains on a trailer before.

I had never heard of chains on a trailer either until yesterday. Any vehicle towing a trailer with brakes are required to have chains on the rear tires.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Global warming Ted. :lmao:

:lmao::lmao:
sorry but this Meteoroligist/scientist is the man that started the Weather Channel. He pretty much shows facts and figures and proves that Gov. loves Global warming because of TAXES only. Hee mentions that a forumla cost billions and already proven false it's the Govs proof of Global Warmong. He spanks Al Gore too.

John Coleman | KUSI - News, Weather and Sports - San Diego, CA | Latest Headlines

He didn't even get into the insane amount of enviromental damages cause by all the volcanos that happen so often. Even though he doesn't say so we really should be setting world records for highest temps ever recorded if Global Warmng was the truth instead of just a TAX grab. Sheesh, in China I understand it's hard to breath in their capital city and they're not worried. They have many more people to die than anywhere eles in the world and I would have expected that if everyone was going to die in a Generation or two they would want pollution stopped instead of taxed???

Send the link to all the Politicains you can find.

Ted

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But that Escalade doesn't have chains on the rear tires, does it?:)

A truck with chains on the front tires will go in 8 inches of snow without a problem. If I put chains on the rear tires then I could run in snow upto the running boards. There wasnt that much snow but it gives you alot of control with chains on. There are many incompetent drivers out there that have never driven in the snow hence the chains with 3 inches of snow on the ground.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't understand why on earth you would take a Viper out on winter roads. Guess you guys don't have salt used in your state or all own car washes in your garage. Maybe a few of you did the 4cyl, traction control mod. Ice & snow & gritty roads just spell disaster to me.

Not everyone plans on it. For me, each time I was gone to Florida and when I returned to North Carolina, storms had happened while I was gone but I still needed to get home. The roads aren't the worst part, the worst part is other drivers, e.g. the fool who tailgated me through the slightly hilly road into my neighborhood.

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loading up to transport to the World Of Wheels Bosten, Mass.
What a fun day.

Attachments

• Playing in the snow.jpg
    Playing in the snow.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Off to the show.jpg
    Off to the show.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Front View at show.jpg
    Front View at show.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 38

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Here's a couple of shots of my car stuck in the Garage :(

The sad part was my car was due to be in the AutoSport international show at the NEC in Birmingham, I could not get the car there due to the weather, I did not fancy a 130 mile drive on snowy roads :(
Mark
UK

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Ireland right now and experienced the snow we and the UK had, which was the worst in a long time... too bad you didn't make it to the show, thats a wicked viper... great to see it overseas!

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Put in in the drive to work on my wife's DD. Took several minutes to get it back into the garage. The incline is very shallow but at idle just easing the clutch out the tires would not grab.

I can't even imagine trying to go around the block with it.

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not how you would want to see your Viper in the snow!:omg:

You must be registered for see images attach

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loading up for transportation to Boston World of Wheels. Took two hours of manuvering, even the rug did not help much.
Both Cars took First Place for Exotic Sports Car Class and Domestic Sports Car Class.
Two kids almost hit the wrecker when they tried to cross 3 lanes to get a closer look. They slid between myself and the wrecker, I was following in Ram truck. Right between us and into the ditch. Three lanes then the break down lane... THEN...SEE YA....:omg:...

Attachments

• Playing in the snow.jpg
    Playing in the snow.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Off to the show.jpg
    Off to the show.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member