Vipers looking for revenge at The Ring Today!!!

Tomball Dodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but they sold really fast as soon as it was made public . There is still opprotunity to own a piece of history.

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very true. At this point it better be HUGE news, like the ACR-X they ran was actually a stock Gen V underpinnings or something, because with all the anticipation that they've built up, anything less is gonna be "meh" news.

Maybe we all were assuming the wrong car......it was the Jeep that broke the record!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not sure what everyone is expecting besides a video. I mean the VCA prez. made the announcement. It's been on the SRT FB page and numerous other websites. What more can they do besides post the video???

Some historic perspective froma would-be Hssstorian:

Several times in past 18 years, Dodge made cool videos for Viper owners as well as commerical uses. The TIME NEEDED to get just the MUSIC licensed and approved is nerve-wrenching. Any logos of incidentals products in there? Gotta get permissions now. What the delay says to me is that the end product will be Top-Notch, First-Class, and worth waiting for.

Seeing B-roll of the final product would only dilute its impact. I bet we will be blown away, and willing to forgive-forget the wait.

JonB~~~~~:<~

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Music? I do not think that any of us need music to enjoy the triumph. We just need to hear the sound of the car's engine and exhaust as it makes the run - the best music of all.

Some historic perspective froma would-be Hssstorian:

Several times in past 18 years, Dodge made cool videos for Viper owners as well as commerical uses. The TIME NEEDED to get just the MUSIC licensed and approved is nerve-wrenching. Any logos of incidentals products in there? Gotta get permissions now. What the delay says to me is that the end product will be Top-Notch, First-Class, and worth waiting for.

Seeing B-roll of the final product would only dilute its impact. I bet we will be blown away, and willing to forgive-forget the wait.

JonB~~~~~:<~

Ripper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!! Incredible stuff. Ben and I both would like to thank the SRT Team, VCA, and Mintgen Motorsports. Having two of our cars in Germany working directly with SRT Team was not only incredible but surreal.The last 9 days has been a ball of emotions and one that I can say will be with both of us for a life time. Finally back in USA and we can say with no uncertain terms we are proud to be viper Owner's, Racers and Dealers but a huge part of the Incredible Viper Nation.

Keep your eyes open for Kuno Wittmer this weekend with his race in penultimate round of the ADAC GT Masters in Assen, Netherlands. Kuno will start the series by driving the Dodge Viper Competition Coupe GT3!!! Viper Nation is truely incredible.

As Marv and the VCA said more to come and what exciting times for Dodge and SRT // !!!!

Absolutely Incredible!!

Congrats Bernie, Ben , Tomball Dodge , SRT and ALL Involved!!

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks as well Jon, Iwear it proud.

attachment.php

Bruce

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also on a second note, we are putting together a special 7:12 Nurburgring Edition cars that will be extremely unique and special. I am equally excited about this. We will have 3 cars in each color available. Same unique Paint combo. Signatures from the entire team. Numbered badging. 7:12 N'Ring graphics. Photo book telling the story of the whole experience. etc. etc. These cars will be special. So then, you too can go to the N'Ring and set a record!!! It will be a special part of Viper Hisssssstory.

Thank you to everyone in the VCA for your kind notes and incredible support. Bernie and I are honored to be involved in this whole deal. All the people of Tomball Dodge and ViperExchange.com are just excited to have brought to record home.

Ben Keating

Can't Wait To hear MORE on these Lords Of the Ring............ GOOD LUCK at Petit, even if you are driving an SOB... Will Dominic be a Co-Driver?

-nighthawk-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh just found the link on YouTube, odd it didn't show up in the searches around an hour ago. I'm submitting this to as many car sites as I can to get the word around :)

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Vipers looking for revenge at The Ring Today!!! Video link on VCA home page

The Viper Club of America is pleased to present the video of the record run at the 'Ring in High Quality detail. Check it out on the VCA Home Page: http://www.viperclub.org/

(full screen viewing suggested)

Troubles loading the video in your browser? Then right click the link below and "save as" or "save link as" to download it directly to your computer:

http://www.viperclub.org/nurburgring...g-2011-900.wmv

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great job done to all concerned !! love the heli footage as well

having been a few times and a rather quick viper passenger lap, its definately a place where every car nut should visit at least once

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy Sweet Jesus they've got their ******* in a knot over at the Corvette Forum.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another VCA member pointed this out and please tell me I am wrong but it looks like the start/finish line timing are about 100 ft. apart....

I'm wrong, right????

I am trying to get to pc to watch again.....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the SRT guys would know where the start finish line is.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another VCA member pointed this out and please tell me I am wrong but it looks like the start/finish line timing are about 100 ft. apart....

I'm wrong, right????

I am trying to get to pc to watch again.....

Those are the normal start & stop points used on the Ring. Look at the videos for the other cars and you'll see them all using the same format.