Vipers looking for revenge at The Ring Today!!!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still love the ZR1. If it came in a vert I'd have to do some trading. Of course it would take my Viper and my Vette and probably some cash but I'd think about it.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv S;3000057 [/COLOR said:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
nurburgreen.jpg

Wow! This pic is giving me major wood:D. Can't wait for results!!:eater:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Porsche 911 GT2 RS stands at 7:18.0.

Ah no it does not. If you go to the Bridge to Gantry site, you will see that they do NOT count the Porsche time. NO video proof, hence no official time. And that's the reason the Viper was acknowledged leader until the Vette beat it with the 7:19 and now the LFA @ 7:14.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that Maurice missed the Normandin show last weekend to be at the 'Ring to take some pics... If he's out there, something is probably going to happen that's noteworthy. I was thinking it was a Gen V test run since he was out in the desert with the Gen V engine/cab-forward mule a few weeks ago, but maybe it's a new baseline setting for the Gen IV cars... In any event, it's got to be a fun ride over there - and in the middle of Oktoberfest nonetheless.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what the new GEN V Drivetrain will do in the old Gen IV car. Did I just say that? :) Good luck with the stock GEN IV ACR boys, we will be routing for yah!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an epic take back by Dodge!!!! And thanks for Tomball for steeping up with the cars to make this run! Don't really know who to thank, but damn happy to the Viper making hiiiiiiistory again.....................:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A few bits of the "New Car" in a Gen IV? Not in the 'Ring ACRs as they are owned by Tomball.

But look closely in the new Viper Magazine that's on its way now..........

Will be interesting to see what the new GEN V Drivetrain will do in the old Gen IV car. Did I just say that? :) Good luck with the stock GEN IV ACR boys, we will be routing for yah!

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Jon B, get ready to have a new decal made up!! :2tu:

I'm stuck at work, working late and now I see this...man I don't know why I'm so pumped about this. As I've stated before, nothing would make me happier than to see a new Ring record with a 2010 Gen 4 only to have it beaten again when the Gen 5 comes out...now that would make a freakin' statement to the automotive world. :usa:

I wish I had bought some stock in Tums and Rolaids....I bet the boys over at GM are going through buckets of it right now :lmao:

Keep up the good work SRT.

Cheers,
George

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best way to not worry about the LFA and the cage issue is to beat it anyway :) Let's hope team Viper can pull off a 7:13:xx

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't think that LFA time is legit as the car has a FULL cage. I don't care if they claim it was for safety, it makes a big difference in the stiffness of the chassis of the car.

x2 on that

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thank you Tomball/BJ Motor's for stepping up to the plate for all of us Viper owner's and leading the way. Your passion for the cars and willingness to walk the walk is obvious and much appreciated. A great asset to the Viper community:usa:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Tomball/BJ Motor's for stepping up to the plate for all of us Viper owner's and leading the way. Your passion for the cars and willingness to walk the walk is obvious and much appreciated. A great asset to the Viper community:usa:

thanks for saying what i was thinking :drive:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldnt a cage also add a bunch of extra weight to the car ? negating the stiffness it gained ? im no roadracer but figured it might offset

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What Shooter said.
Support the dealers who support the Viper.
Thanks to Ben K and Bernie K for making this happen.

I'm guessing the Silver/Black is the one going for the record and the SSG/Black is a backup or being used for something else.
Would explain why only the S/B has the VipereXchange decal on it.

Or do I mean I hope thats how it is.....:D

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Awesome guys! Good luck, bury the Vette and then the LFA! Bernie and Ben must be doing things right to cut 7 seconds off their previous time at the Ring! They really know those cars!:)

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
best way to not worry about the LFA and the cage issue is to beat it anyway :) Let's hope team Viper can pull off a 7:13:xx

Agree, the arguments will not stop - best to just shut em up. Patiently waiting for more info.