Vipers Requested: Wedding Chauffeur

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a quick moment to make a formal announcement followed by a request of the club. My fiancé, Megan, and I will be getting married on Saturday July 16th 2011 in West Central Ohio, or more specifically, Bellefontaine Ohio where she lives. Megan and I have both enjoyed my Viper very much and we have decided that we would like to make the car a part of our wedding. We are looking for a few owners who would be willing to chauffeur my groomsmen to the ceremony and from the ceremony to the reception in their cars.
Here are a few key points on what I have set up and what you can expect if you decide to volunteer to help me out:

- Overnight storage in a gated and locked garage as well as transportation to a local hotel is available at no cost should a night stay be requested.
- Softened water, clean buckets, and a limited supply of car care products will be available. I expect the cars to be cleaned and ready to go by 5pm on Saturday the 16th.
- I will not ask you to let anyone other than the groomsmen touch or sit in your Viper. No one but you will drive it. They have all been in my Viper before so there shouldn't be any surprises.
- The groomsmen will be getting ready at the airport. You will be required to drive the groomsmen from the airport to the ceremony (route map) and then return them to the airport where the reception will be held.
- A very short (approximately 30 yard) drive on gravel is required at the ceremony
- Pulling onto the grass is also required (just turning onto the grass from the gravel drive)
- The cars will need to be left at the back of the ceremony until it has completed and the groomsmen are ready to be driven to the reception. The cars will be roped off and I will also have someone there tasked with making sure no one touches the cars. You are free to remain with your vehicle or sit in reserved seats on the last row at the ceremony.
- I will be giving a $100 gift card from the VCA sponsor of your choice in return for your service. Should you refuse that, I will make a $100 donation in your name to the charity of your choice.

If you are interested in taking part in my special day, please send me a private message that includes the year, style, and color of your car. I don’t know what sort of response I’ll get, but if I get a large enough response I’ll likely do my selection based on matching styles and colors.

Thank you for your consideration!
- Mark

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll find some people to help out. If I was close enough, I'd do it for sure.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the marriage. I hope it works out, sounds like a great idea. I live an hour away and am scheduled to be home for a week but I have to fly out on your wedding day.

OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words everyone I'm very excited about the wedding. We have a lot of really cool stuff planned.

Surprisingly, I only received two responses so far. I'm going to post a link in a more visible section of this forum. Hopefully I can get this worked out.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so happy for you two! :yay:

Man, if I was just closer..... :( Stupid 600 miles....:grumble:

Keep us up to date with the numbers and where you are at. There has got to be more Vipers willing to attend!

OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Robert!

I have three folks who were generous enough to volunteer but I'm still looking for two more Vipers. I'm actually very surprised I haven't gotten more responses. I drove mine over 500 miles (one way) to let a friend use it in his wedding two years ago and didn't ask for anything in return. I thought for sure a lot of folks would be interested in a paid cruise...

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mark!
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply (damn work...interferes with so much of my free time...)

I'm available that day/weekend.

Call me if you still need me: 6 one 4- 5 nine 6- 9 three three 6.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a
quick moment to make a formal announcement followed by a request of the club. My fiancé, Megan, and I will be getting married on Saturday July 16th 2011 in West Central Ohio, or more specifically, Bellefontaine Ohio where she lives. Megan and I have both enjoyed my Viper very much and we have decided that we would like to make the car a part of our wedding. We are looking for a few owners who would be willing to chauffeur my groomsmen to the ceremony and from the ceremony to the reception in their cars.
Here are a few key points on what I have set up and what you can expect if you decide to volunteer to help me out:

- Overnight storage in a gated and locked garage as well as transportation to a local hotel is available at no cost should a night stay be requested.
- Softened water, clean buckets, and a limited supply of car care products will be available. I expect the cars to be cleaned and ready to go by 5pm on Saturday the 16th.
- I will not ask you to let anyone other than the groomsmen touch or sit in your Viper. No one but you will drive it. They have all been in my Viper before so there shouldn't be any surprises.
- The groomsmen will be getting ready at the airport. You will be required to drive the groomsmen from the airport to the ceremony (route map) and then return them to the airport where the reception will be held.
- A very short (approximately 30 yard) drive on gravel is required at the ceremony
- Pulling onto the grass is also required (just turning onto the grass from the gravel drive)
- The cars will need to be left at the back of the ceremony until it has completed and the groomsmen are ready to be driven to the reception. The cars will be roped off and I will also have someone there tasked with making sure no one touches the cars. You are free to remain with your vehicle or sit in reserved seats on the last row at the ceremony.
- I will be giving a $100 gift card from the VCA sponsor of your choice in return for your service. Should you refuse that, I will make a $100 donation in your name to the charity of your choice.

If you are interested in taking part in my special day, please send me a private message that includes the year, style, and color of your car. I don’t know what sort of response I’ll get, but if I get a large enough response I’ll likely do my selection based on matching styles and colors.

Thank you for your consideration!
- Mark

Hi Mark,
Congradulations and it does make a very special day, I did this for my son when he got married in October 2010 we used 7 Vipers, the New England Viper club helped me out with this as we used 6 vipers for the ushers and I used mine to take my son (the groom), and all different colored vipers so it looked awsome and we even video taped the vipers on the highway going to the church and parking with the ushers and groom standing next to the vipers they came in, it really turns out to be a memorable event as will these guys ever ride in a viper again and will they be viper owners in the future . And my son has a very special video of his wedding day which not many will have. There were going to be pictures of it in the viper magazine but the write up got lost or it was not submitted in time and I missed out on a magazine copy for every usher which i was hoping to give them as a gift, also made posters of all the cars with the ushers next to them and I gave each usher one as in the pictures below. It definately makes yours stand out from the others and again congradulations and be sure to show pictures.
You must be registered for see images attach

pencil.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent.

Flx, That's awesome, thank you for sharing. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I should be great.

I will be posting some pictures after I get back.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Mark and Megan actually did it.....they're married. :D

I had an EXCELLENT time as this was definitely the coolest wedding I've ever been to.
We'll get the pictures up ASAFP.

Thanks for having us, Mark! I had a blast!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agreed. The wedding was fantastic, the coolest one I've ever been to. Congrats Mark & Megan!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few pics.....

Pics with the surprise plane of the evening.

Lined up getting clean before the event starts.

At the ceremony.

Sunset behind the Vipers.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is great! Official congrats now that you guys are hitched! :D

So wish I could have been there for you guys and to add another yellow to the mix! :D

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome wedding! The Vipers, the planes, the private aerobatic show, the bride and groom flying off into the night, and the fireworks. Wow!

A few more pictures...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
OP
W

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! It was a blast. I'll post more info when I return to the States!

- Mark

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235