VM Says.....

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my new issue of VM the other day.
We all know that VM is correct and everything you read there is God's honest truth!
So I'm in a quandary.

For the last two issues of VM, the Western Zone has no Zone Director (ZD).
In this new issue of VM the Director at Large (DAL) for the Western Zone has changed.

I REALLY would like to see the election data that made this so, because I was unaware there even was an election! (gotta re-read the NEW by-laws again!!)

How come we (the Western Zone membership) is under represented at the *** meetings?

If nobody has volunteered to be the ZD... I will if I'm eligible (Now I HAVE to re-read those NEW by-laws!!)!

Former WA Region President (4 years):usa:
Former Western Region DAL (6 years):usa:
VCA member since 1997:usa:
Attended every VOI since VOI5:usa:

Cheers
PBR

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was previously informed by Marv and Bobby that Chris Everts won the election for our Zone Director, and has assumed that position. James continues to be the DAL through this year, subject to election (same as the rest of us) for continuance. I don't know why this is not showing up correctly in VM.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is correct. I just checked on it, it's a simple typo. And even the missing man did not notice he was missing! Dan Everts did report it to the Magazine last week so he caught it.

I'm going to guess it was a printers error as Jim's would have been the last name on the page when Dan's name change was added. And it is Dan Evert not Chris by the way.

The Zone had full representation at the meeting, both Dan and Jim were in full attendance. Jim has been at every meeting I can recall as DAL for about 5 years now.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who do not know Dan Everts, he was the former President of the Southern California Region.

Dan was a tremendously active President who introduced lots of new activities into the schedule, as well as being an avid promoter of Vipers on the track. The local group of sidewinders were organized by Dan, and he lead by example by attending most all of the track and non track events.

Dan, along with his beautiful wife Cathy, have donated thousands of hours to put out the club magazine, arrange for sponsorship of events, and gone a long way to enhance the Viper Ownership Experience.

Dan is a small business owner, and has gone a long way to assure the financial stability of the club. I believe the VCA will be well served with Dan as Zone Director.

VIPER Magazine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about that typo, but that is exactly what it was. You should have heard from your regional president in Washington as he is one of the folks that was eligible to vote and knew who the candidates were. It will be corrected in the next issue!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is correct. I just checked on it, it's a simple typo. And even the missing man did not notice he was missing! Dan Evert did report it to the Magazine last week so he caught it.

I'm going to guess it was a printers error as Jim's would have been the last name on the page when Dan's name change was added. And it is Dan Evert not Chris by the way.

The Zone had full representation at the meeting, both Dan and Jim were in full attendance. Jim has been at every meeting I can recall as DAL for about 5 years now.

Lee-
You just confused me even more...."Dan and Jim were at the meeting....so the Zone had full representation"....Jim WHO(???) won the newest DAL position????
What were the voting statistics for the election of Dan?

Thanks PH for the introduction to Dan. Would have been nice when he took office to have the membership informed....On this forum perhaps, NO?
BTW- I'm looking at page 39 of the Jan/Feb 2012 issue of Viper Mag....

PBR

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Western Region is tremendously well represented.<br>
<br>
James Retych is from the Pacific Northwest, Dan Everts is from Southern California, and Maurice (Viperholic) Liang is from San Francisco. Maurice is tremendously well connected to Chrysler and is a tremendous liason for our club.<br>
<br>
PBR, for those who do not know him, has also personally represented the Western region, and Pacific Northwest for years on the national level, as well for his local club.<br>
<br>
The other states in this Zone are also represented well by very strong and active Regional Club Presidents that vote on National VCA matters, and are well respected by their local clubs.<br>
<br>
Hard to see where the Western Zone is lacking representation.<br><br>P.S. Thank you to all the people that work so hard to make this Region rock.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think part of the confusion may have been that I (James Retych) am and have been DAL for the Western Zone for 5+ years now, in the recent election I was asked, nominated and then did run for the ZD position of the Western Zone but was unsuccessful. Dan Everts won that election, so he is ZD and I continue to be DAL for now.

I continue to help out by relaying issues and concerns for the NW to Dan and the National officers as "acting" ZD for the NW since I am located there but my title and official role is and has been as DAL for the Western Zone.

While it may not be clear to the membership, I do my best to represent the interests of the members and respond to every request from both the Presidents or members and have never been shy about bringing up issues at the National level. I take this role very seriously but also believe the club needs to be about having fun too!

Hope that helps clear up any confusion. As always, feel free to call or email me if you have any questions or issues as I do not read posts as regularly as the other forms of communication. :)

James

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235