VOI-12 Any Downside?

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I've never been to a VOI. I'm registered for VOI 12, but I just want to make sure it's worth 2K for three days for my wife and I. We are not bringing either Viper so we will not be doing the events with our car--just watching. Any thoughts would be appreciated--Dave

G

Gotvenom 08

I've never been to a VOI. I'm registered for VOI 12, but I just want to make sure it's worth 2K for three days for my wife and I. We are not bringing either Viper so we will not be doing the events with our car--just watching. Any thoughts would be appreciated--Dave

Looking at your garage( avatar) and reading your post.( LONG pause) Seeing 200 to possibly 400 vipers take the town by storm at a central meeting place.It's an experinence YOU will always remember.

Meeting old friends and making new friends,really it's just priceless.The only down side is,when we all must go back to reality and leave this party of vipers.Enjoy it and don't look back.

Just a bucket list of things to do :) Hopefully I will see you there!

Attended 2 VOI'S and the memories are always with me.:)

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See if anyone from your local chapter will have an empty seat (or two) for some of the driving events, or at least the scenic cruise. You guys should be able to slither yourselves into 2 half full snakes.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to all eleven, almost 12. The only downside I can think of is when I didn't win the table display and had to buy one:(.
I have not always taken a car and have had a great time whether I had my car or not. It's well worth every penny, you won't regret going.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I drove to VOI 11....750 miles each way and had a blast. This time based on my last experience, am shipping my car there and driving back across country 2300 miles and can't wait to do it. Sure you don't want to take your car. There were I think 350 Vipers in Salt Lake City and will probably be more this time.

Ron

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Would seem to be an easy 2 day drive to VOI for you and getting there is half the fun. Hard for me to imagine being there and not having my Viper with me.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave, we are looking forward to seeing you and Wen at the VOI. If I have an empty seat for any of the events, you're welcome ride with me.

Sam

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To my understanding, most things are planned and things fit into a pretty tight schedule. If you are kind of a free spirit like myself, you may not want or like that. I see that as the only downside as the event looks great, but for me it is a big downside. Just my thoughts.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The downside is you might feel you have to buy a Gen V after being around them.

When I got the first Gen 4 locally, I let Paul Hawker and a bunch of others drive it and it cost them a purchase.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only downside I see is not bringing your Viper. I understand it may not be in the cards for some to go to voi AND bring the viper so if it was one or the other I can understand going without your car. Either way you and your wife will have a fantastic time. As others have mentioned find someone that has a spare seat and see if you can ride with them. :)

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunday, when it's time to leave.

We've driven to 4. Las Vegas (4000mi round trip), Detroit (spittin distance of 500 mi), SLC ('nuther 3500mi). Caravan is a blast (organized, that is)
You'll regret not bringing your car.

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI to us have been about the folks, don't go expecting the best driving experiences, not that they are bad mind you, this event is about the folks in the club coming together for a very special weekend.

Richard

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I see a huge downside to VOI and I'm not happy about it!

Once you go, it makes you bloody pissed you missed all the other ones and it will cost you way more than $2000 as you WILL BE at all future ones! :yay:

I speak truth on this. NOTHING I have ever done in the car world compares to VOI and if you have ever seen my picture threads, I have been fortunate to have done a lot!

OP
OP
3whitevipers

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
To all respondents--
Sorry for the delay in my response to all your kind remarks about my question--I've been involved with guests here at home big time and just left the computer off for a time. However, I must first thank all of you for responding and for not blasting me with sarcasm, but with much needed advice. I'll definitely be there now that I know the experiences that have been relayed by those both with cars and without. It really is very cool that the members of this club are so forth coming with advice for any issue that another member may bring to the table--even one which could be considered blasphemy to question VOI-12.
The amazing thing is that I just got a phone call from a member offering me a trailer to use for VOI--a brand new trailer that the member has only used once. It just goes to show what a fantastic club we have and how our membership is willing to offer help ( Thanks Chuck). I've seen this many times before concerning many issues, but when it happens personally it really hits home.
Thanks again and I look forward to meeting each of you in Charlotte---Dave

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't have time constraints, BRING YOUR CAR!

Get a caravan together like the one I put together for VOI11. Getting there is more than half the fun!

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...CARAVAN-to-VOI11?highlight=grand+caravan+pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

Getting petrol can be a little hectic at times. lol
attachment.php

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”

I LOVE THIS CLUB!!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't have time constraints, BRING YOUR CAR!

Get a caravan together like the one I put together for VOI11. Getting there is more than half the fun!

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...CARAVAN-to-VOI11?highlight=grand+caravan+pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

Getting petrol can be a little hectic at times. lol
attachment.php

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”

I LOVE THIS CLUB!!

Still wish I was able to make that trip.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK Dave I finally figured out your game plan.... You're not bringing your car in hopes of driving a new 2013 back to Florida :headbang:

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only downside I have attending VOI's my little one isn't so little anymore!

You must be registered for see images

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been to 2 VOI's already, the first was VOI 10 in detroit and what should have taken 3.25 hours......took 2:05 and I had the biggest smile on my face when I arrived!

VOI 11 was a 1500 mile journey with the stereo blasting 80's hair bands and three (3) traffic stops!!! The only downside was the speeding ticket of 89 mph after I got on the brakes hard when I saw the officer....(the officer was barely able to keep a straight face when I said "19 over, or 103 under....sounds like a lotta restraint to me!"). You'll find some of the most amazing stories come out of the caravans to VOI events and you won't be able to wait another 2 years for the next one.

I'm guessing this VOI will be a lot like VOI X, nearly 600 Vipers and trust me, there's nothing quite like seeing a sea of gorgeous Vipers, some stock, some modded to the extreme and everything in between, and nearly 1000 Viper friends there.

Is there a downside? Not much, I mean I can afford the $140 speeding ticket that I got in Iowa and I'm sure you can too! The good news is that I made each officer laughs with my jokes and I'm sure if they stopped any Vipers after stopping me, they approached wondering if this Viper had some crazy looking guy behind the wheel too!

Regards,
Aaron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave