VOI-8 event prices

gowings

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're from the motorcity and my dad did a rough estimate on the cost to attend the VOI-8 event. For us it was between 5 or 6 grand. I just want to know from all of you viper owners (far and wide) what you came up with to attend this event? We would of gone but are constantly doing something around the summer months. Don't be shy to reply.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
entry's for two, hotel, and travel (I'm only a 4 hr drive away) will be about $2200 for the event.... yep it's pricey (equal to the lift I want to buy for my shop!), but it's a blast.

Please note this does not include all the goodies I buy at the memorbilia area :)

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a costing me about $4420. That includes, shipping my car there and back, and round trip airfare for me and my wife. Thats from the New Jersey to Texas.
Looking forward to it!! :2tu:

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prices from my home in Canada for my wife & I to go to VOI;

All prices are in Canadian dollars.

1. airfare - $2143
2. VOI 8 registration fee - $2160
3. shipping from Seattle/return (closest shipping point for Reliable)- $2740
4. airfare from my home to Seattle to drop off Viper & pick up - $329
5. hotel in Dallas - $1000.00

Total is $8372.00 for a 4 night weekend. Then I have to add in spending $$ (who knows how much extra with all the Viper related products for sale!) and I am looking at over $10,000 for a weekend. Seems a bit much. I could leave the car at home and save $3000, but I went to the zone rendezvous without my car and it was the worst weekend of my life! Never again.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the $6,000 estimate from the Detroit area. Just too high, unfortunately I've got to pass. Darn!!

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$1660 for Viper Transport! $1600 for registration (2 people)$530 Airfare. $300 Limo to and from Airport. $4090. Haven't left yet! lol!

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH!!!I forgot 5 nites in Hotel for another $750!!!lol Paul Ronald! I'm no light weight! :headbang: I was 380lbs just lost 105! Still 275 lbs!!lol!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$800 for the event, $280 for the hotel(5 nights, tax included), and about $520 in spending cash(this includeds gas to and from for the truck/trailer to tow to Dallas). Total cost $1600! I just can't justify paying almost $200 a night for a room I won't be spending any time in :smirk: :smirk:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the room rate includes NO meals! That is what the $800 for the event pays for. Hey Vipermad check the alley for Hotel info!

Rapid pulse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife and I are coming from RI we figure it will cost around 5 grand. From what hear it will be well worth our cash! Time will tell..

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the $6,000 estimate from the Detroit area. Just too high, unfortunately I've got to pass. Darn!!

I will have to agree with you. Unfortunately, I am just not too crazy about this event so I cannot see spending the money on it. I guess the money is just going to go towards something else.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find one of the more interesting things is that 95+% of the people that choose not to go have never gone to one before. If you have gone to one, you KNOW that there is far more offered than you could possibly describe here. I am scrambling to come up with the cash for this event and certainly won't be spending any time in the memorabilia area except to "window shop" - I know that this is an event that can't be missed.

While the event pricing is high (also includes all meals, drinks, booze, and buses if you don't want to drive your Viper), you can do it on a budget:

* Take a couple extra days and drive it. It's a Dodge for gosh sakes, not a Rembrandt. Even with higher gas costs it will only cost you $400 at $2.50 a gallon and 20 mpg to go 3200 miles roundtrip. There are usually caravans from every part of the country, including Canada. If there isn't one nearby, you can always hook up with other groups further down the road. We are planning to see Vipers from the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Canada pass through Kansas City on I-35. 120 miles later and we will hook up with another 70 Vipers or so coming from Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, & Canada down I-44 past Springfield. Getting there can truly be half the fun.

* Stay at a hotel besides the event hotel. I did that in Nashville and spent less than $50 a night. Didn't miss a thing and parked my Viper with all the others (your parking is included with the registration fee, not the hotel fee).

* Leave your wallet somewhere else when you visit the memorabilia and vendor areas. I would say that this is the downfall of 99% of the attendees that said they spent too much - it is because of all of the cool stuff you can buy there that you never see anywhere else. Self control.

Is it expensive? Absolutely. Is it worth every single penny? YES. Where else can you mingle with 1500 other Viper owners and guests, see 750 Vipers, beat on factory-provided cars and trucks (the SRT-4 autocross will be VERY popular), get 5-star dinners, free booze, great breakfasts and lunches, an awesome Viper goodie bag (that can usually bring $200+ on eBay if you so choose), entertainment, luxury bus service to an awesome bar/rodeo where everything is free, driving instruction from Skip Barber Racing, free goodies on the Viper cruise, a closed off downtown Ft. Worth set up for YOU to parade with your Viper, face-to-face meetings with the SRT/PVO/DC brass, tech sessions with the same, a HUGE memorabilia area with Viper stuff you won't see anywhere else, a HUGE vendor/tuner area at the track where you can see all the latest upgrades and aftermarket accessories, and a few extra BIG surprises that you won't get anywhere else? Every VOI I try to post pictures "live" from VOI, and this year will be no exception. And just like every year, you will see a LOT of replies that say "Man! I should have gone!" Make sure yours is not one of them.

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife and I are coming from RI we figure it will cost around 5 grand. From what hear it will be well worth our cash! Time will tell..

Hey Chris!

Are you driving down to Texas or flying? I'm driving down and flying back. It's about $900 to ship from TX to NH via Reliable. If you're interested in caravaning with the Quebec, New England, NY/CT and Virginia clubs (and probably more), let me know. I plan on sending out a solicitation to the NEVCA mailing list later in July to get the party started.

If you've never driven in a convoy of 30-40 Vipers before, it's almost as much fun as going to VOI in the first place!

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would consider driving down with the New England group but you need more days to drive, hotels on the way there and home, gas. Seems a lot easier to just fly in on wed around noon. Pick up your car and take it from there. I could always find one of the NY NJ CT crew to drive my car down and save the $1660 for transport.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that it is very expensive.
Espetially the hotel.
During this timeframe similar hotels costs around 90$ including BF.

I will save money somewhere else ...
Lets have fun !

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be my third one. It was always worth it in the past and as long as they continue to put these on, I will continue to attend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets