VOI.9 - Announced at VCA Banquet

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last thing announced at the VOI Awards Banquet was...... VOI.9.... the last sentance, "See you in about two years." Time to start lobbying for your preferred local!

The best part of the Banquet was when Tom Sidlic (spelling?) ran over a Corvette in the (a?) parking lot with a Monster truck. Last VOI he torched one on stage.

5ramvette-med.jpg

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it is someplace with scenery, not impossible traffic, less humidity, and better parking (all negatives for Dallas/Ft.Worth). HOWEVER, the experience in Dallas was great even with the drawbacks above. ANY VOI anywhere is fantastic. As long as I can, I will be going.

I would like to see someplace north like Seattle, Minnesota, Canada, etc. West Coast is fine, along with Las Vegas, or Denver area. Next one should have SCENERY so that the cruise will be worthwhile.

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, as a DFW local... we know we don't have much scenery.. but a complete VOI with no rain!!! As well... we have an extremely fast track!

I too was a little unhappy with the parking situation... however that was a typical hotel. Get them here then we will tell them they can only have half of the garage. They know it will not be in Dallas next time so they don't care.

I am cool with some of the above suggestions... each location is going to have goods and bads... Also remember it helps to have a very active club in the location... the N. TX Club worked their asses off helping get this planned.

However, I think the best part of VOI is meeting people from all over. So I don't care where it is as long as it is attend well.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT'S TIME TO BRING IT BACK TO THE lEFT COAST! ENOUGH WITH THE MID AND RIGHT COAST! THEY HAVE ALL BEEN GREAT FUN... BUT IT'S OUR TURN....

AT LEAST BRING IT BACK TO VEGAS, PHOENIX, OR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonoma, California
Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery, beautiful roads, active club (NorCal), several major airports, close to San Francisco and Napa (to keep the spouse happy), Infineon raceway (in Sonoma) has a road course, drag strip and karting track.