VOI.9 - Announced at VCA Banquet

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been to Toronto Canada the last 2 years for Prowler Owners event. Awesome place to have VOI#9 Beautiful scenery. Great people Great city. I hope to Meet Craig 201 MPH there. :eek: :D :2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleveland?
Chicago?
Toronto?

DENVER, Salt Lake City, or Las Vegas!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were a bettin' man, I would say Las Vegas is up next. Why? The requirements for a VOI include a VERY large hotel (900+ rooms), good track facilities, and the ability to support a very large group of cars and owners. Chicago and Cleveland both have heavy traffic challenges and the track facilities are not convenient to a large hotel. Kansas City doesn't even have a hotel that big, so we are out for anything but a Zone Rendezvous. The past three VOI's were in the Midwest-Eastern part of the country (St. Louis, Nashville, & Dallas), so now it is time to look to the West. Laguna Seca would be great, but I think we have outgrown any and all hotels in that area. The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs has 700 rooms, which is probably not quite enough. Phoenix probably has a property or two that would work, but what do they have for a track and what would the weather be like in the late summer / early fall? (I honestly don't know the answers to either question) Seattle? Probably not. Salt Lake City? Unlikely. Nope, if you want to have it out west where you know you can get the rooms and the track, Las Vegas is probably your best bet. But I am not a bettin' man... ;)

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would bet Florida! Daytona, Homestead, & Track @ Disney. Plenty of Hotels, weather should be good in Sept! (Hurricanes)????LOL!! I'll be there if its in Roswell NM!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can use the exchange rate to get to 600 cars. So that means we really only need 10 cars.

[/QUOTE]

Soon to be at par with you guy's!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm betting against VAGAS, altho I'd love it to be there.

I've been to all 8, and have never have seen CODY at any....so unless its held in PORTLAND I dont think he'll attend!

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCCORMICK PLACE As the nation's largest convention center, McCormick Place is in the planning stage of yet another expansion, one that will boost its size to 2.8 million square feet, up from the current 2.2 million square feet. The new addition, targeted for completion in 2007, will have 600,000 square feet of exhibit space and 200,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 60,000-square-foot ballroom, the largest in Chicago. Currently, it also has 114 meeting rooms, three large ballrooms that range from 21,365 square feet to 44,715 square feet, and the 4,249-seat Arie Crown Theater. (312) 791-6430; www.mccormickplace.hyatt.com

HYATT REGENCY MCCORMICK PLACE Conference Center opened in August 2001. This 111,000-square-foot facility is divisible into 28 meeting rooms and provides floor-to-ceiling views of McCormick Square. It is connected to the 800-room Hyatt Regency Hotel by an enclosed sky bridge. (312) 528-4180; www.mccormickplace.hyatt.com

If they are expanding space, then they have to be expanding rooms? 2 minutes
to all the Museums

Jump in the Viper go down Lake Shore Drive 5-10 minutes and Vipers take over Navy Pier:

NAVY PIER Over 170,000 square feet of exhibit space is divisible into two areas — 113,400 square feet and 56,700 square feet within Festival Hall. Additionally, Skyline Stage is a 1,500-seat theater, and there is an 18,000-square-foot ballroom. Other venues within the complex include the 50,000-square-foot Chicago Children's Museum, a 440-seat IMAX Theater, and a 32,000-square-foot indoor botanical park. (312) 595-5300; www.navypier.com

The Big Night Party, Less than 10 minutes from the Hyatt: EXCALIBUR

Outdoor Party, 10 minutes from the Hyatt, Aerosmith :cool: Millennium Park

The CRUISE is 1 hour and 45 minutes to Vipers Take Over the Rock! Starved Rock State Park

2 routes to the Rock, 80 highway and rt. 6 is winding farm road and the back way that is great fun to drive.

The best part of all is the RACING Facilities are all within a 3 mile radius and 45 minutes to an hour from the Hyatt.

Drag racing and Autocross at RT 66 in Joliet Chicagoland Speedway and RT. 66

and 2 miles directly west is the 3rd largest roadcourse racetrack in the U.S. Autobahn Country Club

and for the Ladies, 10 miutes from the Hyatt, everyone can go broke on the Magnificient Mile :) Hide the Money !!!!

To fill in any gaps there's plenty of choices....

Yes, I know.....the traffic :( I figure you would have to add at least another 3-5 minutes to all the time figures :D

Think of the marketing possibilities...

Vipers take over the Pier..
Vipers take over the Rock..
Vipers take over Route 66
Vipers take over L.S.D.

Just a dream. :usa:

jR

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Dream, SVS Turbo --

You forgot to mention that Chicago is also fairly central in the United States!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I know nobody wants to come to Seattle, then my next choice is Colorado Springs...Then Vegas. I'm in hopes the west coast gets the next VOI!

PBR
10 of 50

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much to do in Portland, so I'll pass and keep waiting for Vegas or anything else within a 2 day drive from the Northwest area.

If I was a betting man I'd bet on it being closer to the east or south (again) rather the west.

I've only missed three VOI's.

I'm betting against VAGAS, altho I'd love it to be there.

I've been to all 8, and have never have seen CODY at any....so unless its held in PORTLAND I dont think he'll attend!

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vegas gets my vote! I was there for SEMA this week and its unreal the amount of attention that a Viper gets. Can you guys imagine how cool a Viper parade down Las Vegas Blvd would be?

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vegas would be fantastic.
No problem with the weather.
It is probably the cheapest place to get to, they nearly give you the ticket.
Hotels are amongst the best and cheapest in America.
They are geared for events, and I'm sure they would work with the club to make sure everything is just right, even the parking. Nobody does parking better than Vegas!
Vegas is full of international tourists and this would be great international exposure for DC

Imagine a VOI cruise down the strip. Awesome!

Can it get any better :2tu:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS!!!

(Insert 20 other Vegas votes here, I have control of the absentee ballots for the WNY-VCA!)

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas sounds like the biggest party, but driving the track after an all nighter might be tough for several days in a row. Chicago is easy for me, but I'd be willing to attempt @ 1 week w/ no sleep, booze, gambling, and racing.
Maybe there could be trophies, including no viper DUIs.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it comes to Vegas it would be the first time that I would be able to actually attend one of these VCA events! :laugh:
Sonoma would work even better! :2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most owners vote for a city nearby their residence.

;-)

I think it would be great fun to drive from ANY location in the USA/Canada to the next VOI...

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most owners vote for a city nearby their residence. ;-)

If that's the case, I vote for Hillsdale, Kansas. It has nothing but a fishin' lake, a barbeque joint, and two gas stations. A lot of people like to drive fast around the lake. Most of it is gravel though.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most owners vote for a city nearby their residence.

;-)

I think it would be great fun to drive from ANY location in the USA/Canada to the next VOI...

That is a good one. Lets all go to Switzerland. We could ski for the whole time. Not sure about driving the cars but hey Skiing is fun!!!!!

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas is nice but very very very HOT!! 100+ degrees in a parade is no fun. We would need to have it at night. which is when everyone is up anyway.

Does the Speedway track at vegas have an infield track? Going left in circles is not very fun.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas is nice but very very very HOT!! 100+ degrees in a parade is no fun. We would need to have it at night. which is when everyone is up anyway.

Does the Speedway track at vegas have an infield track? Going left in circles is not very fun.

1) It's not perpetually hot here. If VOI.9 were to be in the spring (even as late as late May) the temps will be more than comfortable.
2) Check out http://www.lvms.com/track_info - there's plenty of info about the various facilities at LVMS. There's alot more than just the speedway on which the NASCAR Nextel Cup cars run.

Obviously, I vote for Las Vegas or if not here then somewhere in the southwest for VOI.9.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS, VEGAS,