VOI-9 ..........Salt Lake City.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Salt Lake city would work well geographically. Make a beautiful drive from almost any of the surrounding states. It is a solid one day drive from about 1/2 the United States.
Weather is usually dependable if held in late Spring/Summer/early Fall.
VCA usually leans heavily on local clubs to be hosts. Utah has only about a douzen members. Maybe surrounding clubs could offer to team up to host event in SLC.
Alcohol not a problem, as there are lots of "private clubs" at which we would be most welcome.
A day trip slither through the surrounding mountainside would be even better than the Texas countryside. :>)

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure how you worked that into me insulting your parents?? But sorry if it offended you...or your parents....

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knuk--Reading the posts I could see how ab could think that. I have been to Pa and seen Amish country. I think their lifestyle is weird but understand what they are trying to accomplish. VOI#9 will be a good time no matter where it is, and the place isn't going to please everyone. I have never met a mormon or been to Salt lake City so for me it sounds fine. :D :D ;) :2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SLC doesn´t sound so bad...hmmmmmmmmm
I would love to cruise the mountains :)

LV sounds good too!

GTS 2000 Steelgray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are Hallo....vor God all same..

We have ourselves a club combs wheels also Gespendet....weil it sylvester the rights hand with an explosive material rocket the hand abexplodierte. _However we also wiedr will be on the next VOI 9 kommen...egal where this.

Greeting dieter

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you on Vegas...SL City is boring!

Matbe we should open our minds, We could take over Park City..... right outside of SLC, We could do a deal like we did in St.Louis VOI were we could party in any bar in town, and Park Cit y has plenty of bars. Eveyone assumes we would need to have SLC as the events "center".... Park City may have a big enough hotel and event center too since it is ski-central in the winter for thousands...

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am right here in SLC ( moved here from Delray Beach, FL) and I know that it would be a great city to have the event. We have some of the best twisty mountain roads and open desert roads all in one. We are also in the midst of a World Class Race Course being built by Larry Miller right now. There is a very large motorsports community here, and home to the fastest race track on the planet "Bonneville".

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just check out the Hotel I suggested and do a little digging on their website ( links ) and you will find 350 clubs/restaurants and they even have bars in the Hotel - who woulda thought. Friends that went to the Olympics came back with a new respect for this area and plan on going back - plenty to do, plenty of places to party, and a little check on google or yahoo, shows they even have some clubs some of you wondered about.

www.grandamerica.com

Lived in Vegas for 5 years and yes there is plenty to do, but we can probably shut down the area in SLC for Vipers. I am really excited about a track that is super safe and offers alot for Viper Days as well as the participants, and a drive in the Rockies near SLC is worth the price of admission. I am sure everyone will keep the speed down on those wide open Desert spaces too, ha,ha!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well maybe this is the place to have it...in all fairness I was only there once and it was on the way back from VOI in Vegas. Had car trouble and was stranded there so I was in a pissed of mood and never enjoyed the stay!
Willing to give it a go though as it is a good location - central - and the track sounds great.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Salt Lake City should deserve some serious consideration. There are a lot of interesting things to see and do around the area and the mountain driving is a hoot! Bill's right about that new track and Larry Miller (owner of the Utah Jazz) is a major DCX dealer who would make a terrific host.

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bill .. it's Usman "UZY" Malik.

Forget it man! ... the next VOI should be in Los Angeles.

How about we all get together at the ******* mansion?

Anyone want to second that?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nowthwest just called.... they said they are sorry for what ever they did and want back in the club.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Las Vegas has it all - great racing facility, great hotels and food, gambling, entertainment (family and adult oriented), cruising opportunities (Mt Charleston, Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, etc), and on and on...

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually SLC is thinking outside the box that really sounds good. The drive there for everyone would be through pretty country, and how can anyone not be excited about driving the Rockies. Great suggestion Bill.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SLC would **** ! Can't we do anything in the eastern half of the country? Atlanta? Geez, Nascar was born on the east coast, there are no tracks on the east to accomodate our needs?

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
----------------------------------------------------------
SLC would **** ! Can't we do anything in the eastern half of the country? Atlanta? Geez, Nascar was born on the east coast, there are no tracks on the east to accomodate our needs?

-----------------------------------------------------------
So come out West

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Before Dallas it was Nashville. Before Nashville it was St Louis. Before St Louis it was Las Vegas. Thats the last time VOI was out west. Dallas was pretty centrally located for everyone.

Eddie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave