VOI Drag Racing

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be nice to see the qualifying and what results there were posted here on the board. Many people have asked for this.

Also Wing King: Your post that says "you can look forward to a nice package arriving on your doorstep in the near future as we go about distributing the awards possible under the circumstances" How and What exactly does that mean ? tnx, Tony

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, I'll defer to Prashant for a long-winded answer here, but I don't think there are going to be the extensive answers you are looking for. Prashant had a real scoring problem that day because the normal computerized system that was promised, and expected, was NOT what it was supposed to be. The round scoring was very difficult, and everything had to be done by hand with three volunteers that were not planned to be needed. When the rains came, I believe there were 7 cars remaining in Stock, 7 in Mod 1 (of which YOU were one of those), 5 cars in Mod 2, and maybe 4 in Unlimited. All I can say is that Prashant did an OUTSTANDING job under the circumstances..... and picked up a couple of gray hairs in the process.
smile.gif

I don't believe he knows which cars alive in each and every one of those classes had the fastest speed or quickest ET during the day. We DO know who the top TWO winners are in the major award categories of fastest speed, quickest ET, best 60' time, and best reaction time, and the best were announced at the Wild Horse on Friday night at VOI. All of those 8 people will receive awards. I believe I responded to a post one time about Jamie Furman, who had the best reaction time with a perfect ".500", and said he will soon get a package.

In fact, just THREE days ago I finally got all those drag awards back into MY possession from Nashville, and Prashant is clearing up several questions for us before shipping. As soon as we have them in the mail, I'm sure he will post all the details, including a list of the people that were still alive in each class.

We would have skated through the day just fine with the manual scoring for class winners, if only the rain had stayed away. It's a shame that happened, but at least everyone got quite a few runs in. We could have been the Corvette drags..... that were totally washed away the next day.

Hope this answer is satisfactory for now.

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1, I am working on trying to clear up some questions right now I can't tell you how disappointed I was in the BeechBend scoring system. I would like to thank all of the volunteers that help us get all the info together. I hope everyone had a great time BTW- the the rain in not my friend and never will be...
wink.gif

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Prashant:
I would like to thank all of the volunteers that help us get all the info together.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just glad that day is over.
laugh.gif

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Prashant, Yeah it was a fun time. I had gotten through 2 elimination rounds and waiting for the next run when the rain hit. I think there were 6 of us left in Stock then. At least we got most of the day.

Marv S. Stock #21 Blue/White