VOI Registration $?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speedracervr4:3060871 said:
I really want to go to this event, but I find it ridiculous I have to pay another $700 or so for my girlfriend to come along. She can't even drive my Viper. I would be cool with paying maybe 1/2 the cost of a full ticket for my girlfriend to tag along. I hope there is an option to bring a guest at a discount price.

There has never been a reduced "guest" pricing due to a number of factors. Realize that most of the hard costs are irrespective of whether the attendee is driving or not: Meals, insurance, goodie bags, security, venues, and staffing are among the many things that are provided for ALL attendees - not just those behind the wheel.

Expect the VOI 12 website to be fully functional in the next week or so. Good stuff!

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But a lot of us that come as couples also don't need 2 goodie bags. Most conventions I attend have a price per couple and if there are things like driving activities that is an extra cost for the second person.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed about the $700 x2 thing. That's a hell of a lot to bring your significant other. I understand there are certain costs that can't be avoided. Are there others that could be? I don't think she wants/needs a viper goodie bag or that sort of thing. Not trying to complain - I understand if it's unavoidable.

If it doesn't change, well...guess I'll be going alone.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things like track rental cost the same, no matter how many people drive on it. If the spouses choose on their own not to drive, that does not reduce the costs, just makes for more driving time for those who do wish to drive.<br>
<br>
Some people get some of their money back by selling their second goodie bag on ebay to those who were unable to attend, but want the memorabilia.<br>
<br>
One nice thing about bringing someone with you, is that the hotel costs are the same for one as for two. If you are driving in, (most fun way to attend) it costs no more to bring two than one in a Viper. While the registration is the same for everyone, the costs for two to attend is much less than for a lone wolf.<br>
<br>
Many spouses/friends want to attend the driving events, if only to support and cheer on their champion. In the past, several meals were served at the track, and spectator areas have been set up for those who wish to watch.<br>
<br>
For many owners, this is the only times that they will take their Vipers on the track. It is nice to have someone there to take pictures, and share in the high performance experience, even if they do not wish to participate directly.<br>
<br>
For the most part Wives are well included in most events. The rides in the country side usually go by interesting places, the dinners are fun, with guest speakers and entertainers. The meals are pretty high quality, and are enjoyed by most.<br>
<br>
Even shopping is available with the memorabilia events featuring viper logo clothing, jewelery, fashions, after dinner cocktails etc.<br>
<br>
In Salt Lake city, a bunch of spouses took a side trip during the technical meetings to tour one of the oldest Mormon Tabernacles. They rode a free trolly to the church, took a guided tour, and had lunch. Was a perfect weather day, and they took a break from all the Viper stuff, and had a ball. <br>
<br>
But we still need to be real for a moment. At these events, the Car is the Star. If they share your love and interest in all things Viper they will most likely have a blast, and create memories that last a lifetime. If they could care less about the car, then the event could be kinda meh.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things like track rental cost the same, no matter how many people drive on it. If the spouses choose on their own not to drive, that does not reduce the costs, just makes for more driving time for those who do wish to drive.<br>
<br>
Some people get some of their money back by selling their second goodie bag on ebay to those who were unable to attend, but want the memorabilia.<br>
<br>
One nice thing about bringing someone with you, is that the hotel costs are the same for one as for two. If you are driving in, (most fun way to attend) it costs no more to bring two than one in a Viper. While the registration is the same for everyone, the costs for two to attend is much less than for a lone wolf.<br>
<br>
Many spouses/friends want to attend the driving events, if only to support and cheer on their champion. In the past, several meals were served at the track, and spectator areas have been set up for those who wish to watch.<br>
<br>
For many owners, this is the only times that they will take their Vipers on the track. It is nice to have someone there to take pictures, and share in the high performance experience, even if they do not wish to participate directly.<br>
<br>
For the most part Wives are well included in most events. The rides in the country side usually go by interesting places, the dinners are fun, with guest speakers and entertainers. The meals are pretty high quality, and are enjoyed by most.<br>
<br>
Even shopping is available with the memorabilia events featuring viper logo clothing, jewelery, fashions, after dinner cocktails etc.<br>
<br>
In Salt Lake city, a bunch of spouses took a side trip during the technical meetings to tour one of the oldest Mormon Tabernacles. They rode a free trolly to the church, took a guided tour, and had lunch. Was a perfect weather day, and they took a break from all the Viper stuff, and had a ball. <br>
<br>
But we still need to be real for a moment. At these events, the Car is the Star. If they share your love and interest in all things Viper they will most likely have a blast, and create memories that last a lifetime. If they could care less about the car, then the event could be kinda meh.

I don't think it can be explained any better. :2tu:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has never been a reduced "guest" pricing due to a number of factors. Realize that most of the hard costs are irrespective of whether the attendee is driving or not: Meals, insurance, goodie bags, security, venues, and staffing are among the many things that are provided for ALL attendees - not just those behind the wheel.

Expect the VOI 12 website to be fully functional in the next week or so. Good stuff!

Any update on how the website is coming.

Not to be an *** but just becuase there has never been a reduced guest registration or registration package for two people in the past, doesn't mean there can't be one in the future. This is the first automotive convention that I have ever seen that doesn't either offer a reduced guest rate for guests that don't partake in all of the activities, or a registration that included two people.

It may be more work but I think attendance would be better as well as revenue, because you would have people that would bring a second person where with the single price they would attend solo or not at all.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"One nice thing about bringing someone with you, is that the hotel costs are the same for one as for two. If you are driving in, (most fun way to attend) it costs no more to bring two than one in a Viper. While the registration is the same for everyone, the costs for two to attend is much less than for a lone wolf.<br>"

I don't understand how it's less if I have to pay for an additional registration of approx $700 or so.

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"One nice thing about bringing someone with you, is that the hotel costs are the same for one as for two. If you are driving in, (most fun way to attend) it costs no more to bring two than one in a Viper. While the registration is the same for everyone, the costs for two to attend is much less than for a lone wolf.<br>"

I don't understand how it's less if I have to pay for an additional registration of approx $700 or so.

I'm with you. It would be nice to see a breakdown of what things cost and how many meals are included. $1600 for registration plus hotels is a BUNCH of money! This is way more than the Mopar Nationals for example but they have things a la carte. It's close and I'd like to go but $2000 plus seems excessive - like 3 years of car insurance on the Viper.

V

Venomiss

I'm with you. It would be nice to see a breakdown of what things cost and how many meals are included. $1600 for registration plus hotels is a BUNCH of money! This is way more than the Mopar Nationals for example but they have things a la carte. It's close and I'd like to go but $2000 plus seems excessive - like 3 years of car insurance on the Viper.

Have you been to a previous VOI?
Please go search what was included in previous VOI's first and that might help you understand.
Prior VOI costs have run up to $950 per person.
Yes, it costs to go for a four day taste of everything event complete with track rental, dragstrip rental,
and breakfast, lunch, & dinners.
Insurance, off site rentals, security, room rentals, garages, banners, centerpieces, goody bags,
just to name a few things off memory. Buses for those who attend without Vipers-many from overseas is in there too.
A suggestion is ask your local VCA president and the odds are they have been to a VOI and can give you details.
Or you can call 1-800-677-4321 and we are happy to do the same.

The reference to the savings in the previous post was a hotel room cost the same if one or two people attend.
Does it cost? Yes, and it's worth it.:)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cost to attend is priced per person.

If one of the attendees decides not to partake in all that is offered, that is their decision.

Same with staying at the hotels. Rooms are priced for double occupancy. If only one person shows up, you still get charged the same.

Same with packaged dinners. If you do not eat the included dessert, VOI still gets charged the same.

I know it does not seem fair to those who want an ala carte menu of activities that you can decide to pick and choose what you wish to attend, but VOI offers a total VOI experience to every attendee. Lots of events are pretty free flowing, and they are not set up to check at every venue what events you have paid or not paid for.

Since this has come up, I would imagine that they will discuss additional options at future VOI's but asking to change the structure after the budgeting has already been done is probably unrealistic for this time.

Do not forget, many people will choose to fly in, and not be able to take their personal cars on the track, but still need to pay for those who do. SRT may make cars availble for them to use, but probably not out of the VOI budget.

An event of this size and nature will probably not be exactly fair for every attendee.

In previous years, Dodge paid for free alcohol at many of the events. This was obviously a huge expense, and those that do not drink probably felt that they would rather have had lower costs instead. In recent years there have been more cash bars, to help keep attendee costs lower.

Every year the organizers take a look at how things might be done better and fairly for the next time, so maybe this issues can be looked at again.

On a more positive note, VOI's are a blast. Every year I have been surprised by things at the event that I did not expect. The access to the SRT team, and hanging out with hundreds of ViperNation buddies is an experience not to be missed.

Last VOI in Utah were lots of Easter Eggs. We got to meet one on one with Ralph, and a bunch of the SRT Team. We were able to see a video on the announcement that a new Generation of Viper was in the works. We got to see the actual styling buck that SRT used to get the President of Fiat to sign off on the expenses and give a go ahead for production. We got to see the ACR-X racing teams go at it at the speedway. We were invited to the Olympic training venue where we got to not only see Olympic skaters show their speed on the icy oval, but were also able to lace up some free skates, and slither around the Olympic Venue on our own. They also had instructors on hand to teach Curling and it was a blast watching each other trying to run around the ice in street shoes flapping brooms to control the pucks directions. (sort of )

The meals were great. Cold water bottle stations were everywhere at the events. We were even given free credit cards to use to buy additional meals or souveniers at Park City.

There were busses available for those who did not wish to drive, Shuttles for getting to the track from the hotel. We had meals set up to get a quick bite before going out to early events.

SRT Released the official Stryker logo, and they had introduction t-shirts printed up and for sale for those who wanted to be the first to sport the new logo.

All around the banquet hall were variations of different Vipers and Concepts sprinkled around the perimeter. Some Hero race cars were there as well.

All these things cost a BUNCH of money! but they are all covered by the admission ticket.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, and everybody wants a deal, but....

OP
OP
S

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses. My wife and I will be going on a non-voi vacation later this year - will probably spend 5k but she would poop if I told her about voi $. Oh well, had fun w/ vca while it lasted...

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking about an a la carte menu for registration. A lot of people have non driving guests, there is no reason why that can't be a separate fee, a lot of people that come as a couple and therefore do not need 2 goodie bags (and I'm sorry stating that I could sell the second one is not a proper response). I can't even begin to count how many conventions and other automotive events I have been to and set up, and this is the first that is set up this way, and with all of the requests to offer non driving guest fees and set it up for couples to only get a single goodie bag (I have heard from other people outside of this forum about this issue) I would think this would be more heavily looked into and more options would be brought forth.

Also has anyone been to the LX Spring Fest in Irvine California? Now I know it does not compare in scope to VOI, being only one day and only lunch included, however they have a lot of things going on between vendors on display, people from the SRT Track Experience running an autocross for people to try out the SRT line, focus groups with people from SRT and Mopar (including Ralph Gilles) and a number of other things, and guess what the cost is to attend? Free! Granted they don't have the track rental, the big banquets all the meals, etc. But they do offer a ton of stuff at no cost for the attendees. Let me be clear I completely understand that I am comparing apples to oranges, bringing up Spring Fest is just an example, where they get the funding for the event I don't know.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I have family in Charlotte so don't need a room. Is the VOI charge the same if you do not need a room??--Dave

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking about an a la carte menu for registration. A lot of people have non driving guests, there is no reason why that can't be a separate fee, a lot of people that come as a couple and therefore do not need 2 goodie bags (and I'm sorry stating that I could sell the second one is not a proper response). I can't even begin to count how many conventions and other automotive events I have been to and set up, and this is the first that is set up this way, and with all of the requests to offer non driving guest fees and set it up for couples to only get a single goodie bag (I have heard from other people outside of this forum about this issue) I would think this would be more heavily looked into and more options would be brought forth.

Also has anyone been to the LX Spring Fest in Irvine California? Now I know it does not compare in scope to VOI, being only one day and only lunch included, however they have a lot of things going on between vendors on display, people from the SRT Track Experience running an autocross for people to try out the SRT line, focus groups with people from SRT and Mopar (including Ralph Gilles) and a number of other things, and guess what the cost is to attend? Free! Granted they don't have the track rental, the big banquets all the meals, etc. But they do offer a ton of stuff at no cost for the attendees. Let me be clear I completely understand that I am comparing apples to oranges, bringing up Spring Fest is just an example, where they get the funding for the event I don't know.

You are not exactly comparing apples to oranges. There are a lot of big time Mopar events that rent tracks and other things that don't cost nearly this much and I don't think it is out of line to ask what things cost. My wife and I would like to go but I just like to get value for what I spend. I suspect you and a lot of members are the same. Maybe this will be a once in a lifetime experience for me as a Viper owner and I am curious from that standpont. We'll see what the page has when it gets posted and how many meals etc. are included. I know plenty of our Alabama/Tennessee members have gone so I'll ask them what it's like. It would be my first VOI so maybe I am underestimating the whole event.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rooms are separate from event fee, so you come out ahead here.

VOI usually has a host hotel (s) where rooms are offered at the group rate. This is where the busses arrive and depart, Secured Viper Parking is provided, and most of the ballroom events are staged. The memorabilia is usually placed here (but sometimes also at the track). This is where the action is, and almost everybody you pass in the hall, or meet in the lobby is a ViperNation member.

Some wish to search out more budget friendly lodging, or stay with friends or relatives. This is OK too. That way you have more $$ to spend the way you wish, and makes the event more affordable. You still get all the meals and attend all the tech meetings in the main hotel.

Usually each person is responsible for booking their lodging directly with their chosen hotels. Please ask if they have a VOI rate. This also notifies the organizers of who is staying where, and often you may find a flyer with last minute information slid under your door.

Traditionally a VOI event packet will be sent to every registrant. This will give maps, FAQ's. Directions, Requirements, and handy tips to allow everyone to have a great time. In addition, there is usually a registration desk for when you first arrive. You will get your group designation, passes, documents, wrist bands, and the latest up to date scheduling. You will also be directed to where to get your goodie bag (s) and a warm welcome.

I am sure most of the details will be posted in a special forum for this VOI. Lots of discussions will take place. Convoys will be organized slithering into Charlotte, cell phone #'s will be exchanged, gas stops will be planned, Regional groups will be coordinated, and the massive VOI will be well underway before we know it.

It is not unusual for a large group panoramic picture to be staged early in the morning (for best light). Hundreds of Vipers and their owners will get up extra early, each trying to get into the front row, for a special picture of your group at VOI. It is also a good time to wander up and down the rows of customized Vipers to get ideas for your own modifications.

For the Viper Faithful this is a great experience, and the memories last forever.

I have a friend, Nino, who has been to every VOI ever. He has his entire office decorated with VOI memorabilia. Some of the early stuff is now priceless, and irreplaceable. Even though his life is full as can be, somehow he always finds a way....Bumping into him at all the different venues is one of my "Easter Eggs" for these events.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down guy, it's obvious you have money to not worry about the cost of things, but others do. I understand the memories made thing, but people like to see the justification of cost when compared to other events and such.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not everyone has high paying jobs where money can be thrown around. Some are on budgets. We may own a "higher" priced car but we got it because of hard work and budgets, not blank checks. To spend a couple of grand doesn't make alot of "sense" to some people. Myself included. I would come by myself, between gas, hotels, membership fees doesn't sound like a "bargain" to me. I'm a member of alot of "clubs" not one costs a membership fee. We meet whenever we want a few times a year (acutally going to NC next week on one of the meets) and I have millions of memories that can't be replaced, and I didn't have to pay a fee to feel like i was in some sort of "high-class" club. It's either $900 or your out is how this is ran, no thanks I'll spend my money & time with my kids. I see both sides, I read every post, but I agree you would get more attendees if you gave in alittle on some things. In this age, $900 just to be part of a car club just doesn't seem real wise.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA regional clubs provide hundreds of events each year at no cost to their members, and interested Viper owners and their friends. Some are member only, some are open to all Viper owners, and some open to everybody.

These local events are a blast, where everybody can get together for a cruise, meal, event or whatever.

Usually no costs except if there is a charge at the venue.

These are fun, relatively easy to put together, and sounds like the type of thing most people are most interest in.

But once, every year and a half, the VCA blows the lid off, and puts together an international gathering of the ViperNation at a location that includes a world class set of drag racing, autocross, road course/oval track, and most people travel great distances, and stay several overnights at local hotels. The manufacturers spend thousands to bring their latest vehicles, send in management, marketing, and production teams to interface with the owners. Technical seminars are provided, track coaches are provided, tours are planned, busses are arranged, thousands of meals are prepared, professional videos prepared, convoys conviened, logistics are in place.

Entertainment is provided at world class dining events. The aftermarket sets up displays to inform attendees of their latest offerings. Tuners get the chance to meet with other Viper Service personnel, and speak directly with SRT to discuss ways to make our Vipers perform at an even higher level.

All the National VCA board of directors are assembled, all the Regional Presidents are in full day meetings, The VCA has meetings with Dodge/SRT, Attendees get the opportunity to speak with other owners, and we get the chance to check out all the modifications other owners have made to their personal Vipers.

This all costs a ton of money. It is not worth it to many Viper owners, but cannot be done for free.

Each owner will be provided all the information necessary to determine the value of the presentation. If money is tight, many will need to defer attendance. For others the time away to attend will make it impossible.

For others who can budget the time and money, it will be an experience of a lifetime, and worth it to them.

Some will choose to come single, others with spouse, kids, friends, of by themselves. Some will drive, others will ship, still others will come sans Viper. Everybody gets to make their own choice, and nobody should disparage someone who chooses differently. No reason to be defensive about your choice, or complain that it should be cheaper. If it could be done cheaper, with the same quality of experience, it would be certaintly be considered.

Please hold your derogetorypersonal comments about others choices until the details are announced.

VCA is attempting to put on a tremendous event, and keep the costs as low as possible. All Viper owners are most welcome to attend, but it is well understood that it is an expensive endevour in time, energy, and money.

All are most welcome, but it is realized that many will not make it. Some will wait till it is closer to home, or at a different venus. Some will choose to save up for later, and some will wish to wait till their children are older. No problem. Different strokes for different folks.

I am sure that some will (probably most) wish it was cheaper, but they are still going to attend the free local events put on by their Regional Clubs.

In addition, a comprimise is made available with regional Zone Rendezvous. These are usually 1 or 2 day events, held closer to their membership. Much less expensive, but still a pretty good get together with your Viper Buds.

The idea is to offer many different choices, with many different prices. Members get to pick and choose those events that work for them.

Hope to see as many people as possible when the Clan Gathering conviens in Charlotte.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VCA

Hope to see as many people as possible when the Clan Gathering conviens in Charlotte.

"Clan" might not be the best choice here ;)

Yeah Since I've owned my Viper since 09, I've been unable to attend really any "local" VCA event, was hoping to be able to make it to the "National" event being somewhat close, but as of now looks like cost might keep this from happening. Will be better for my vacation time & will keep my wife from saying you spent what on a car show! Again my choice and I understand this. Hope everyone has a safe time and will wait for the pic's.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops...Clan was met in the terms of the original Scottish Clans that called gatherings of all the different Clans of the region to come together to provide strength and unity agains those who would wish them ill. Never saw a pointy hat at a Viper VOI. It is hard to get them to stay pointy under a racing helmet.

For those who cannot make it in person, it is traditional for attendees to post their experiences in this forum. Expect pictures and dialog to keep everybody up to speed on all the great happenings in Charlotte.

For those of you that wish memorabilia from the goodie bags, often some of them are available on E-bay, or if there are extras they can be purchased from the VCA website.

One of the most prized possessions is the custom made, unique centerpiece arrangements given to one lucky person at each table. Competition for those memorabilia is often intense : >)

Another sought after souvenier is the event banners used to decorate events and the banquet hall. These are also often available after the event, with proceeds used to fund the next fantastic VOI.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A family plan would be cool ..... price for kids under the driving age, driving age under 21, and spouse with an option to drive/not drive in the price. Would be good to think about for future years events if it can't be incorporated into this years plans...may have more attendees this way

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul....:clap2: You keep hitting the nail on the head man. :) Theres no way this VOI will cost $900.00 per person. I just can't imagine the VCA doing it for that much per VCA MEMBER AND GUEST. I was going through old e-mails and found all my stuff for VOI 11 and I was shocked (in a good way) for how much I paid for my wife and I to go to SLC. It was a song. I'm sure the VCA will try to do it for the same $$ as they still realize that times are tough for people and they want as many people as possible to come to this event. VOI's are a FANTASTIC time. I've been to three myself and i've said this before....the best one i've been to was VOI 11 and I got married at my first VOI which was in vegas.

Trust me the VCA will not let us down. They will put on a class act event and it will be a great time!

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Every time my wife goes with me to something like this she gets a little worked up because it's so dang expensive.

She said for that amount of $ I spend on her and my son we could go on a cruise for a week somewhere. She sure is one expensive photog-cheerleader. lol

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI is the premier Viper event In The World. They only come once every 2 years and are over the top. This is not a for profit event and the VCA puts massive time and effort into planning. This is an exclusive event not open to the general public and costs big $$$ to put on.

You can book a cruise, go to Sea World or Disneyland any day of any year and easily spend the same amount of $$$ so it really just boils down to, what do you want to do?