vs 911 twin turbo

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by FikseGTS, Oct 4, 2003.

1. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Viper Owner

Ended up behind a newer silver Porsche twin-turbo this afternoon... I've seen him driving around the area a few times, but I was never in my Viper....

I'm directly behind him at a standstill..... he nails it from a roll and we're off.... by the end of 1st gear I'm about 1 car behind..... at the end of 2nd gear I'm right next to him..... at the end of my 3rd gear I had had about two car's on him....

at the next stop he rolls down his window and says "you could never keep up with this car on the highway"

I said, "really, I just took you pretty good"...

he then asked what my top speed was, I said about 195 or so.... he said his cars does 220, so I would not have a chance.....

I asked him if he wanted to proceed down the road, about 1 mile, to a empty highway...... He said, "nah, you don't have a chance"....

then I said that my car wasn't stock, and had about 500HP, and that I've raced a few twin-turbo's and I usually beat them just about the same....

he then says, "well, I have 600HP, upgraded turbos, blah, blah...".....

at this point, I'm pretty sure the guy is full of sh**..... he would have dusted me with no problem with 600HP..... and I told him that..... he then said he wasn't really trying......

whatever! I challenged him again to run em on the highway, and he declined.....

2. Yves

Yves Enthusiast

Sweet !

3. FranciscoR.

FranciscoR. Enthusiast

Why does it seem that all these "snobs" with these Eurotrash think they are the siznit?

4. jcaspar1

jcaspar1 Enthusiast

I am surprised he ran you. All the ones I have ever encountered just cower when they see a Viper. Always nice to kill a euromobile.

5. BigCarrot

BigCarrot Enthusiast

Nice kill!

6. ZX1100

ZX1100 Enthusiast

My buddy had a 996 with upgraded turbos and all. He mentioned it dynoed 600hp and he wouldn't pull on me at all. I just have headers and the usual bolt ons. We've raced many times on the highway but never from a stop. He since traded it in for a GT2 but haven't raced it yet.

7. Joel

Joel Enthusiast

A GT2 recently did an 11.8 at 128 at TOTB in the UK with a top end of 177 at the 1.2 mile mark

8. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Viper Owner

FranciscoR,

yea, it was definately a case of "I have a Porsche and thats all that matters..."

9. GTSnake

GTSnake Viper Owner

I don't care what the guy has in his 911. To tell a guy in a Viper that he doesn't have a chance is pretty bold or stupid or both. :crazy:

10. SnakeBitten

SnakeBitten Enthusiast

Obviously we didnt get the fastest version of the GT2 911 or that one has mods.....Stateside they run about the same et but traps at around 120-121...

11. SylvanSRT

SylvanSRT Enthusiast

could be the '04 GT2 more HP and a few less lbs. to lug around.

12. Mike 99ACR

Mike 99ACR Enthusiast

I pulled on a new 911 turbo up to 170mph. My car with headers only and I think his was stock. Braking and corning maybe different results.

13. Ray W

Ray W Enthusiast

Hey Brks, When I snack on Porsches I prefer to spray them a little,they go down much easier.

14. 96 GTS

96 GTS Enthusiast

Sounds pretty typical. These guys all sound the same. I figure that they have to justify spending 120K some way. His claim of 220 MPH is total BS. Great Kill. :cool:

15. DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG VCA Member North TX

Nice kill! At least he ran you. I've pulled up next to a few TTs at a standstill and on the highway and they won't run. :p

16. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Viper Owner

After Sept 1st here in TX DD there aren't too many that will anymore (including me!).

17. DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG VCA Member North TX

I hear ya! Went to Plano last nite and couldn't find those cops. Maybe the word got out and they shut down the sting.

18. Snakester

Snakester Enthusiast

Yeah, I bet if you said that your Viper had 600HP and went 220MPH, he would have jumped up to his Porsche having 700HP and going 250MPH. :rolleyes:

The "not trying" remake is a classic, especially if they don't try again afterwords. Ha Ha! :D

-Dean.

19. Qualitywires.com

Qualitywires.com Enthusiast

yuppie putz!

20. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Viper Owner

Snakester,

yea, not trying my *ss..... when a 911 twin-turbo is hammering it and is on-boost.... you know it....

I should have said that my car had two spark plugs missing and I was only running on 8 cylinders.... :)

21. TFAST4U

TFAST4U Enthusiast

Great kill. I run into 911 twin-turbos all the time............thay are so dame slow. How much are thay? LOL

22. ACR Joe

ACR Joe Enthusiast

Since DC is bustin my balls by not releasing a Gen III GTS, I've toyed with the idea of a 911 TT. Conclusion - too civilized, too preppy, too innocuous, too dot comish, and equally important, not American made.

23. Mopar

Mopar Enthusiast

Sounds like he knew he got beat! Great kill!! :D

24. FranciscoR.

FranciscoR. Enthusiast

This is what I don't get, why don't "people like this" respect the Viper for what it is? It's one thing to BS with a friend(s) about Viper vs. Corvette, but it's another to completely deny the actual / proven capabilities of a car. Like we might not like Corvettes, but the Anniversary editions is still at the very lreast a decent car. Why would / does a 911 driver run a Viper, lose, mouth off, thenr efuse to accept what he has been been shown? It's not like the Viper owner is lieing or making anything up. Things happened right then and there, yet the 911 kept lieing, making up stories, and refused to "settle it right then and there".I just don't understand... :confused:

25. John_C

John_C Enthusiast

same reason why you guys dont respect the Z06 for what it is, even though many know the proven capabilities of the Z06 in all performance categories...thats why!

26. garolittle

garolittle Enthusiast

Well .... if his Porsche was yellow it may, in fact, go 250 MPH. :D

27. FranciscoR.

FranciscoR. Enthusiast

I am saying even though we may not like the Z06, anyone who says it is a "crappy" car is just like the 911. When I say crappy, I don't mean personal preferances, I am saying to diss a car's proven capabilities, just because you don't like it, beyond the usual Dodge vs. Chevy bit, I just don't think is "right".

28. genXgts

genXgts Enthusiast

we know the proven capabilities John, to transport copious amounts of chilled beverages via the OEM cupholder from Point A to Point B!

hahahah, see you in Hell. Michigan that is......

(Nice kill Brooks, when I saw the thread was yours I figured it was a win, keep up the good work.)

29. V10TT

V10TT Enthusiast

If he had big 19 HRE wheels (tall guy black hair... Latino), I know him... His is full of Crap, He did the same thing on my Z06 when I sprayed him, then gave me his number so he could run me for pink slips...
    Long Story short, I called him several times to come out, including night I was already at Us 27, and he alwyas had an excuse... never came out to run....
    A Total Idiot!, I got his cell number still....

30. FikseGTS

FikseGTS Viper Owner

xsmph, might have been the same guy..... it was silver with silverish gunmetal finish mesh spoke wheels with red calipers behind....

the guy did have dark hair and looked latin....

I asked him to run the same place we ran our cars a while ago.....