Warning about Elite Motorsports

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with some of the others. Why doesn't someone come in here and tell their side of the story. If someone accused me of something like this and it wasn't true, everyone would know it.

I was planning on sending some things to scott to be carbon fibered but I guess not now. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Reaction score
NOBODY...I repeat, NOBODY ever threatened to "censor" lleone! THAT is a load of crap! Basically he was crossposting into at least one other forum....all the time he was making his point here. As should be obvious by the length of this thread...he has his voice, and he has his soap-box. Multiple threads in multiple forums is wrong....on almost EVERY forum you might visit. If you (meant generally) want to turn the direction of this thread from the original direction.....and start focusing your wrath on the website....I suggest you merely contact me. Everyone associated with this website has done everything they can to facilitate a GOOD outcome. I understand lleone might be frustrated....but he is just wasting his energy trying to put blame on us (the blameless). This is a very informative thread, and should remain so. lleone wants to put Scott out of business? He is upset that we have a sponsor (for the time being) with unhappy customers? We might need to get rid of all of our sponsors! If/when the time comes to take remove a sponsor it will happen, no doubt about that.

Reaction score
That's crap.

That legal disclaimer that's on the bottom of the email I believe is intended to make the info confidential should it be delivered to an unintended 3rd party.

If it was an email sent TO YOU - then you are the intended recipient and have the right to do anything you want with it.

If someone is telling you otherwise, or if you are at risk of being censored on this site - well, then that's crap again.

I would have thought you knew better than that, Janni. :(

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony - back off.

First of all, page back and read what I had posted in the SRT-10 forum. It was a heads up, nothing more. If I want to flood the forums information, I would have. Have you looked at the amount of information I have presented here? Don't you think that it was rather odd of me only to post the reference to this thread in the other forum if I was out to flood it?

Which brings me to my second point. As a GTS-only owner I do not regularly read the SRT-10 forums. If there was something relevant to GTS owners, I would appreciate the heads up.

As for your statement: "I understand lleone might be frustrated....but he is just wasting his energy trying to put blame on us (the blameless)." You need to provide some evidence that I am trying to "put blame on us" or you need to retract that accusation. Ask Jay Herbert, ask Janni, ask any of the other folks who have directly communicated with me.

As for my censored comment to Joe, do you not know what the ";-)" at the end of the statement was for? And to address the rest of your tantrum, answer me this: wasn't I the one who posted "simmer down" to the rest of the group?

It insults me that you fail to appreciate my non-emotional, factual nature. Call me data-driven, call me Vulcan, call me a geek, it won't change my nature. Maybe you'd be happier if I were just spewing profanities about Elite instead of presenting cold, hard facts.

And as for "lleone wants to put Scott out of business?", is that your opinion? I have never stated that. If it's the outcome of Scott not being honorable, so be it. I want Scott to behave as an honorable business man of whom we can be proud of as a community. If that is not in his nature, then so be it.

Lou
(My name is "Lou" how many times do I need to post that for you to figure it out?)

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On to more civil topics, unfortunately I have nothing new to report today. It would have been nice to have heard back from Joyce as to her thoughts about the pistons.

Lou

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I probably should stay out of this thread because its none of my business.

Lou, if you are talking with Lawyers...Isn't your beaf with the previous owner of the car? You bought a modified car, if it broke within an short period of time you contact the seller and have him make good on it.

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Before the deal the previous owner raised a concern to Scott. Scott made statements via email as to the state of the engine to the previous owner and myself and the deal went through. When the problems arose, Scott both verbally and via email made the committment to "stand behind his work". He then even made arrangements to ship the motor down to Florida and provided periodic status with what was being done to the engine. Hence, my issue is with Scott, not the previous owner.

Lou

Reaction score
Tony - back off.

First of all, page back and read what I had posted in the SRT-10 forum. It was a heads up, nothing more. If I want to flood the forums information, I would have. Have you looked at the amount of information I have presented here? Don't you think that it was rather odd of me only to post the reference to this thread in the other forum if I was out to flood it?

Which brings me to my second point. As a GTS-only owner I do not regularly read the SRT-10 forums. If there was something relevant to GTS owners, I would appreciate the heads up.

As for your statement: "I understand lleone might be frustrated....but he is just wasting his energy trying to put blame on us (the blameless)." You need to provide some evidence that I am trying to "put blame on us" or you need to retract that accusation. Ask Jay Herbert, ask Janni, ask any of the other folks who have directly communicated with me.

As for my censored comment to Joe, do you not know what the ";-)" at the end of the statement was for? And to address the rest of your tantrum, answer me this: wasn't I the one who posted "simmer down" to the rest of the group?

It insults me that you fail to appreciate my non-emotional, factual nature. Call me data-driven, call me Vulcan, call me a geek, it won't change my nature. Maybe you'd be happier if I were just spewing profanities about Elite instead of presenting cold, hard facts.

And as for "lleone wants to put Scott out of business?", is that your opinion? I have never stated that. If it's the outcome of Scott not being honorable, so be it. I want Scott to behave as an honorable business man of whom we can be proud of as a community. If that is not in his nature, then so be it.

Lou
(My name is "Lou" how many times do I need to post that for you to figure it out?)

I am officially (seriously) refusing myself of any type of "Official" stance.

That being said..... I know precisely of what I speak. I have seen it go on for years. Do you have a problem with your car? NO DOUBT. Do you want to spread the word? NO DOUBT....and more power to you. But, if you think I have not read every post to this thread then you need to get a clue. I have read e-mails, I have read and followed your plight.....and I feel for you, I really do. BUT.....you have made it like the website is unsupportive because your other post was removed. You make it sound like just because YOU don't read the other forums (because you own a GTS) ....that the same holds true for everyone else in the world. I can tell you that the majority of people visit both forums....and that very well might have had something to do with the removal. But, once again we find people who want to find fault...wherever it may lie. Your little ";-)" at the end means sarcasm to me....you imply certain things and give off the vibe that you have been wronged not only by Scott....but by the website too. Now...just my opinion...and as such is fair game. Alas...you are the one who first brought up the fact that your feelings were hurt because a moderator took some action you didn't like. And, when presented with the facts (I was copied on that e-mail), you still had your feelings hurt. Sure...you posted "simmer down"....but when you felt you didn't get your way you didn't simmer down...you played the "the website is treating me bad!" card. Non-emotional??? Jay hurt your feelings and you decided to have a fit.

Sorry....I truly feel for you, and the problems you are having, and that will NOT change.

But, to come back and give the impression that you are not getting support is ludicrous. You convinced Janni that was the case and that you were in jeapordy of being censored....which was never the case. You do best, in my humble opinion, when you stick to the facts (as proven over this thread), no mistake abou that. But you threw a curve when you somehow impllied that there was something amiss with the site. Two different issues.

You wrote:
Oops, because of a post I made in another forum, I'm now in trouble
with the moderators.
LOL!! You were never "in trouble"! LOL!!! Let me add the remainder of the e-mail that you forgot:

I am trying to help you get what you feel you are owed. Lets see how he responds to the notes from this evening before piling on.

Obviously there was absolutely NO malice or implied trouble for you...ONLY help.

<leaving the building, shaking head>

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, it's both a shame that you have a unique (look it up) opinion and that you've turned my thread into your public forum to bash me... Oh wait! There I go attacking every byte of viperclub.org, everyone who owns a Viper, and everyone and everything else in the universe. Did I miss anyone whom I should be pushing the blame onto?

I sincerely thank you for hijacking "my" thread and I await your superiorly enlightened vision.

Lou

Reaction score
PS: Didn't you ever hear of PM'ing someone?

LOL!! Why...you felt the need to vent your frustration with "the powers that be" here. Alls fair in my book.

Speaking of which...I truly believe with all my heart that YOU started the hijacking.....you should have done what I already said you do best....stick to the facts. I have no issue with the Elite problem...you are right on track (again, as I have stated).

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS: Didn't you ever hear of PM'ing someone?

Didn't you start this little war with the mods with your post ? Wait, I already know the answer. You should just be thankful this thread stayed up........like was said, in the past it would not have stayed.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one am glad it stayed up as im sure all the future customers of elite are as well (or should I say former future customers. Im glad the mods are keeping this one up because I am really interested in how this one will end.

Lou - Tony

Just squash the beef and move on from here its no big deal.

Lou
keep reporting those facts because some of us really wanna know the outcome

P.S good luck I really hope everything turns out good for ya.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Lou, let me jump in and say I feel for you and what I would do is buy another engine and slap it in, and be on my way. I know that's not cheap, but what is now-a-days. There's 2 on e-bay right now with about a day left, one '02 w/5k miles. Then I would take that engine to Scott to fix or whatever and let him at least try to make good on his word. But I'm closer to FL than you are, and that might not work for you. I have always been able to work things out with people without going to court(after 20 years in business). I don't think anybody want's to do that. Just my 2-cents worth. Hope the best for ya though.

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spent quite a while on the phone with Jay tonight and let me say that he is a one great quality guy. I really appreciate the time he spent with me and his efforts to act as a sort of mediator in this situation. This is the community at its best.

As for Tony aka Vipermad, no hard feelings? I am guilty of loving to talk smack when poked at.

As for 1Tony1, you're probably right. I'm not going to go back and look though. I'll just take your word for it. My bad (said while ducking).

One of the cool things about talking with Jay tonight is that he explained why my other thread was pulled from the srt-10 forum. Apparently this thread has been so popular that it is usually in the right hand column of the main forum index page - and is visible to all forums. That is something I overlooked and I agree that the title would catch anyone's attention who was passing through. No need to call people's attention to it. Once again thanks to Jay for pointing that out. That's what I mean by the "facts". If the data is there and the logic is correct, I'm not going to argue.

Goodnight all,
Lou

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one am glad it stayed up as im sure all the future customers of elite are as well (or should I say former future customers. Im glad the mods are keeping this one up because I am really interested in how this one will end.

Lou - Tony

Just squash the beef and move on from here its no big deal.

Lou
keep reporting those facts because some of us really wanna know the outcome

P.S good luck I really hope everything turns out good for ya.

Exactly! Lou you have a good platform here and have done a great job of stating your case. Don't lose your audience by starting a moderation war over something that really seems like a non-issue. No one has been fairer in the mod department over the years than Tony and it seems like he is trying to deal fairly with you here and may in fact save your bacon, by keeping things in control enough that this thread doesn't risk getting locked.

(too slow on the typing.... so never mind!)

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS: 1Tony1, OK so you're on to me... actually the real reason why I wanted this thread locked was that it's longer than I can keep track of!

lol... Lou

Reaction score
Absolutely NO worries here Lou. :) While I did agree that the thread was getting long....and it might seem a bit daunting to the uninitiated, in the end it contains ALMOST all the facts. OK...it has a bit of BS added by me ( sorry :) ), but it has the info. HOPEFULLY it will end with a good ending, and it will sserve to show all that communication is the key. You have the support you need, though I can understand how (at times) it can seem like that just isn't enough. Hang in there!

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I guess we can count on Lou doing a daily bump to tell us there is no news, right?

And why would anyone send Lou a PM or an email knowing that he is just going to post it and disreagrd any sense of a "personal" discussion (*** can stand for Private Message or Personnel Message, after all).

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
glad to see this is all over and we can get back to the issue ata hand.

Jay and Vipermad and cool guys when I first got here I was a [******] and they were cool with me so props to the mods.

No disrespect to Janni I just never spoke to her before.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUICK QUESTION????

Is elite motorsports going out of business??

no there not but if they keep doing business like this they will be soon enough

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipermad - My crappy comments were only in reference to anyone telling Lou that he could not post the emails because of the legalese at the end, as that is what I thought the "censorship" issue was - and really didn't even know if it was a mod telling him not to, or someone from Elite. I know you better than to think you would be anything but fair.

As far as the cross posting is concerned, I think that the SRT folks read the GTS/RT section out of habit! :)

I'll give Lou credit for posting factual information and doing his own bit of investigative work. As a rule, I know emails / PM are private, but when you are talking about failed promises and statements that seem to be proven false - when you have exhausted your options - IMO - all bets are off on the posting of email / ***. I think it's more in bad taste if you post a message that is more "private or personal" in nature and not a business matter.

Again - all my opinion - I'd just like to see this settled and so far, the posts have pretty much stuck to factual content and objective views.

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper D,
Hopefully not. They need to do some work to turn their business around, but they can still salvage it at this point.
Lou

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael,

Of course I'm going to post the status. I get enough emails and *** asking me what's going on to justify "bumping" the thread.

As for your PM comment, if it was off topic, why would I post it in the thread?

And speaking of off topic, weren't you moving to Houston? What happened? I was trying to move to NC, but the deal fell through.

Lou

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sometimes I ask my customers "do you want to fix the problem, or do you just want to talk about it?". Lou, I don't know how you have gone this long with your car sitting. I would have that car back on the road or buy another one. Hey, we're not getting any younger.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lou, I have read every response to this thread as soon as it got to 3 pages long. Very enlightening. Keep up the facts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456