Warning about Elite Motorsports

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think elite is doing the right thing by offering to rebuild the engine...maybe they should be paying for the transportation to and from but other then that you can't ask for much more!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As one of the many bystanders who have followed this thread, I find it hard to believe that you continue your attack against Scott after he has agreed to rebuild your motor even though it appears that he is not legally bound to do so. I am not taking any sides, just saying how it appears.
Do not think that I do not wish you good luck and do have a sense of how frustrated you must be. It is a shame to have so many problems with a dream.
I posted a seperate thread before saying I thought this thread was ridiculous. I got slammed hard. Well after seeing this ****-fest made it past 8,000 views I figured I would pop back in. All I have to say as a human and Viper owner is embarassing. All I have to say as a nine-year litigation lawyer is watch out if Vipermed manages to get a mouthpiece in the appropriate jurisdiction to take this case.

Link to Old Post

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, this will be my final remark on this nonsense. I have bought a used vehicle on several occasions, only to find big problems, and I do this for a living. I've repaired "my" car and moved on. I;m saying to Lou to do the same. I wasn't slamming the guy-- but enough. His grievance is with the person whom he bought the car from--not the builder. As far as I know, not much, there is no warranty on the car/engine by Elite or the seller. I've offered an option and Elite has offered one--take one and move on. Lou-- facts?, three sides to every argument. Havn't even heard one from Elite in detail yet. Good luck to both parties--John

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wrist pin either came loose because of improper installation or a faulty part.

The engine rebuild was botched.

The offer to do the rebuild again is about all you can expect.

Not being a lawyer I may be wrong but unless there was a transferable warranty,
I don't see how a third party can take the engine builder to court for anything.

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John aka Banditwhatever:

1: Scott should never have promised to "stand behind his work" or whatever.

2: Scott should never have attempted to repair the engine.

3: Scott should never have lied to me.

We have no answers as to why he didn't fix the engine the first time and why he lied to me. You can think and say what you like, but if you look at the evidence, you wouldn't do business with him. Honestly, don't you think that I wish Scott had told me "tough noogies" in April? I would have had the car fixed and on the road FOUR months ago. Sure, you can blame me all you want for living in the north and being sensitive to HAVING LOST AN ENTIRE YEAR'S DRIVING, but that doesn't make you come across as a very nice person (or a very bright one for that matter).

Lou

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received an email from John, aka BANDIT118TH, and he seems like a great guy. No offense meant... you know that ol' mouth of mine...

Lou

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

How do you trust someome who lied over and over and broke promise after promise.

John, stand in Lou and my shoes,, then think about your statement about growing up.. It is easy to make statements like that when you do not any money out of your pocket.

Mark,

I will make this short, you continue to throw stabs our way. You have not painted the true picture. Have you forgot to mention that you received 100% of your money that you paid us and yet you still have our hood and diffuser?
:confused:

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never heard of a tuner transferring a warranty before. Lingenfelter doesn't do this and they are one of teh most trusted well respected tuners in the country.

If you had such lack of faith in Elite you shouldn't have tried to get him to fix it at all. You couldn't do this to a Dodge gealership that offered to fix your proplem so why is it ikay to do to a tuner?

If he refused to fix it I would understand but taht doesn't seem to be the case.

OP
OP
L

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hirohawa, did you read the entire sequence of events? It doesn't appear so from the questions you have posted. When you have, if you still have questions please ask them.

Sincerely,
Lou

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lou,

Exactly where is everything at now? Are you getting the engine rebuilt by someone like Todd at Arrow or are you going to send the engine or car back to Elite?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the whole thing and I think I have it all straight.

I've still got the same question.
Lou bought a used car with a modded engine. The previous owner paid for the mods done to the engine.
There was no transferable warranty on the engine mods.

Why was the tuner liable for any engine failure other than for reputation reasons?

The botched free rebuild was a poor excuse for standing behind their work but it was free, right? The tuner didn't have to do it at all, right?

So now the tuner says he will pay for engine shipping and he will rebuild it free.

I wouldn't trust him to replace a faucet washer but that's not the point.

He really doesn't have to do anything for you, right?

So how can you take him to court?
For the damage due to the botched free rebuild?

Lou bought a car with what turned out to be a faulty engine and the engine builder is incompetent or without funds to fix the engine that he sold to the guy who you bought the car from.

The tuner said he would stand behind his work. Perhaps he will. Perhaps he will go out of business with your engine sitting in his shop in pieces.
Bad things could happen. Good things could happen.

But under the law, what does he owe you?

What am I missing?

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott,

come pick that piece of crap up,, I called and sent emails,, DID YOU EVER RETURN THEM?????? THe last call I got was the replacement hood is at the painters. Do you want me to post them so everyone can see that I TRIED TO CONTACT YOU OVER AND OVER and you just ignored me. SO JABS,, NO THE TRUTH,,, Maybe you should try it.

This is the firt time I have heard you mention my name in over a month, and its because I throw a jab,, Scott,, you need to look at what is real and what is not. Like I said, I have every email from when you were GOING TO SEND THE REPLACEMET HOOD,, How come I never recieved it, how come I you never called me or returned my emails when I wanted to find out about the status.

Gee,, do you wonder why I finally called my CC company and got my money refunded.

Are you going to pay me for my time to take that piece of crap hood you sent me to the painters for estimates to get it fixed, or my calls to you that you never returned, or my emails that you never returned??????

No wonder you wanted me to send the hood back first,, It is becuase you were never going to send the replacment.

I bill out at $155 per hour,, I have about 35 hours invested, will that be a cashier check or money order!!!

I will crate that piece of crap hood up for you, @ $155 per hour, and material cost for the crate. I want the money up front.

You decide.

Mark,

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
give elite another chance to rebuild the motor, i mean you can't really take someone to the court for they offered to rebuild your motor, come on be real....and you can't find any "transferable warranty " out there anymore, not even on a brand new car....

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to rehash the liability argument, as it has been gone over quite enough on the first 7 pages of the thread. I'm just curious as to the fate of Lou's car.

Is it fixed now? If so, who did the fixing? If not, what's the status?