Warranty question

Man Of Steel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-Dodge-Viper-GTS-New-Condition-Warranty-till-2010_W0QQitemZ200010764413QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Like always, I was browsing around on Ebay looking at the snakes when this one caught my eye. It says it has a factory warranty until 2010. I was wondering how this is possible. Once the warranty runs out on these (or any car for that matter) is it possible to get a new factory warranty, or an extended warranty? I’m not talking about extending the warranty that is already in progress. I’m saying that if I buy a 1997 Viper, no warranty, will it be possible to get a factory warranty for the car?

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It has an extended warranty that will last till 2010. With this warranty you pay $100 deductible then the warranty will cover all the rest. I purchased the warranty when I bought the car. It is a Dodge warranty.

OP
OP
M

Man Of Steel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you purchased your car, was it under already under warranty, then you just extended it? I'm just trying to figure out if I can get a warranty for a 1997, no warranty viper.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that it has to be with in so many years of the build date. You can check with Chuck Tator and he can tell you if you can still get one.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually $150 to transfer, but you need to have a DC dealer run the VIN to make sure that it IS transferable