Warranty's Paid For Itself................

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranty\'s Paid For Itself................

As soon as my 3/36 factory warranty expired, I purchased a DC 7/70 bumper to bumper warranty with a $100 deductible. I know that I have a 7/70 powertrain warranty, but my thinking was that there are too many other systems which can develop problems.

Well, it happened......I was having my oil pan gasket replaced when the tech noticed that my right front shock was leaking. My passenger side window had been making noises too, so I had him take a look.

Long story short: New oil pan gasket, right front shock, and window actuator, plus labor. I'm certain that the cost for these items exceeds the cost of my warranty: $1500.

Your thoughts????

Don

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Warranty\'s Paid For Itself................

Yes, the cost of those repairs will likely exceed what you paid for the warranty. I am getting ready to purchase an extended warranty before mine expires at the end of the year. Obviously it helps resale too.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

We always try to remind folks to get a policy before their first year of ownership is up, as Chrysler has a $150 mandatory surcharge after that. Easy way to save an unneccessary amount by buying at time of sale or not long after.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

how's that new car working for you Don?

OP
OP
D

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ben.....

I've put 16K miles on the car in 15 months and that's not using it as my daily driver. My son just turned 16 and has taken over my Hemi Sport 1500, so it looks like my Viper will now become my daily driver.

How's your Gen I doing? I see you've modified it some. How many miles on the clock??

Don