Watch out for SafeRacer!

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to tell you all about an experience I had with the crooks at SafeRacer. I was looking for a new helmet, mine was out of date. So, I did my research and decided that a really good lightweight HJC Si-12 was just the ticket. Given, that the helmet had an MSRP of $699- I shopped around, and around, for the best price I could find, everyone was about the same. Then I saw an ad in the Grassroots Motorsports advertising the exact helmet I wanted for $399-, needless to say I was stoked. I called them up and tried to order the helmet and the guy told me it was $699-, I told him about the ad in the magazine and he told me, "it must have been a mistake". I searched the ad for a disclaimer and found none and asked to speek with the manager, he told me, "sorry it was a typo". Now, I had bought a few things from them in the past and explained that I was an existing customer and to see what he could do for me, he said," sorry dude". Now, I'm a salesman/business owner too and I know thats not how you treat a customer you intend to keep. I threatend to take my business elswhere and he basically said ,"tough ****". So, not only will I never buy anything from these assholes (oops, can I say that?)again but I would encourage everyone at the VCA to boycott SafeRacer. Screw them!

PS. I ended up getting the helmet through a buddy of mine with a motorsports business, at wholesale!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Helmetcity is a great place to buy a helmet. Great customer service, they will take back helmets that don't fit right and you get a VCA discount. They are the Tirerack of helmets.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great experience getting my Simpson CF helmet, ESS fire suppression system, cool suit and a few other items from SafeRacer. Shipped when they said how they said and they were competitive. I know it is frustrating if the price was advertised but they always reserve the right to the higher price if it is a typo. They do not need a disclaimer, and I would bet the price they had advertised was lower than cost. So to expect them to Pay you to buy the helmet isn't sound business either. If you were more than a casual buyer from them, I am sure they would have made an exception. At least I would have in their shoes.