Water problem! Anyone taken out the carpet?

Reaction score
I would suggest you let the carpet air out, as in outside in the sun (if there is any). If you don't let it dry out completely it will soar and stick very bad. I had to remove my carpet from my 96' Ram and I did this and it had worked fine so far. But if you do not fix the leak first it will serve you no purpose in removing it.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 94 got caught in the rain as well. The car did start to smell from the mold. I ended up pulling the seats which was easy enough. I had to replace the carpet on the passenger side because even after cleaning it I couldn't get the smell out. As I recall it wasn't very expensive, about $100. Hopefully you can just get them out and dry them.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my '94, the heat insulation under the carpet had a foil layer that seemed glued to the metal floor. In my frustration, I pulled it all out rather than dry it, figuring it may get wet again. Well, it did, and the second time I removed the gray insulation "stuff" that is glued to the bottom of the carpet. Now the only thing that can get wet is the carpet that you see (at least no one can notice what's been removed.) I also slit the carpet so I can get it in and out from around the seat feet without having to remove seats. Then the car dries rather quickly.

I think it's all due to the funny shaped rubber piece - it's at the base of the window, forward side of the door, outside half is glued to the body, inside contacts the base of the windshield post. Some day I'll win this battle...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte