Way In Advance Planning!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I figure I would toss this up here too, and we will see where we are at when the time comes. If you think you would be interested in tagging along for all or some of this, toss a note on this thread, and what parts you are interested in!

As most you know, I am located near Buffalo NY, and of course, will be planning to attend VOI-11. As of right now, we have been putting together some tentative plans, and we'll see what happens. Let me make this clear; the purpose of this trip is maximum fun, and maximum vacation attitude. We will not be beating ourselves up to get there a day early, or to get home in time to mow the lawn and do some chores. If you want to drive 1000 miles a day or get up at the Crack of Dawn's ass, find another group... not what we are going for.

I know that many of you are under insane amounts of stress, don't short change yourself, make this event even more memorable!

September 27th; Leave Buffalo, taking the Northern route across the country. Stopping at night will be intended to maximize site seeing as we cross the country. We MAY opt to leave as early as the 25th since it is a weekend anyway, but we will be flexible on this as some joining people from NYC area may need an extra day to get here by the 27th at the latest. Also, if you are shipping your car both ways and will be Car-Less after VOI but have the time off, post that up here, you never know if there is an empty seat, and you can hitch a ride or fly back sometime along the way!

September 30th; Arrive in SLC for VOI-11 the evening of the 30th. People who are shipping their cars in would be flying in approximately the same time.

September 30th-October 3rd; VOI-11 as planned.

October 3rd/4th, depending on VOI-11 Scheduling; Drive to Las Vegas, NV

October 3rd/4th-October 6th; 3 Days of R&R, Drinking, Gambling, and any other crazy activities that cross the mind in Las Vegas.

October 7th; Leave Las Vegas for the Grand Canyon, Lunch at Grand Canyon, then continue on to Albuquerque for the night.

October 8th-9th; From Albuquerque, continue across the country taking the southern route to Oklahoma City, and then Nashville TN as a nightly stop.

October 10th; Groups split off. Northern group heads north, Southern Group heads towards Florida.

October 10th/11th; Arrive in Northeast, Arrive in Central Florida.

NOTE: There is a small group of North Eastern guys who will be going to Florida, and staying for a 10 day additional Vacation, and then will be heading back North around the 21st.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hmmm:

Looks like a good plan. Some people from AZ are considering a night or two in Vegas after VOI. May be able to meet up for that.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to join you guys on the trip back to Vegas then drive with you to grand canyon.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No time to plan like the present !

There will be a pretty large group of So Cal Club members that will be stopping in Vegas going AND returning.

It would be cool if we could get a block of rooms at one of the hotels with our own "special" parking.

Hey Robert...... Something you would like to take on for us ????

Lance

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I have not used Twitter but it might be worth looking into setting up a private group to tweet the travels, planned stops, and speed traps along the way :dunno:.

Would probably need different groups - ie California to SLC, I80, etc.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There will be a pretty large group of So Cal Club members that will be stopping in Vegas going AND returning.

It would be cool if we could get a block of rooms at one of the hotels with our own "special" parking.

Lance

I could start looking into that for sure!

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lance

I as thinking myself there needs to be a meet in Vegas on the way ... is there a Nevada club to organize perhaps?
:drive:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I as thinking myself there needs to be a meet in Vegas on the way ... is there a Nevada club to organize perhaps?
:drive:

There is indeed a Nevada Region and we are mostly in Las Vegas. Perhaps we need to have another BBQ;) :eater: :D The wheels are turning.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is indeed a Nevada Region and we are mostly in Las Vegas. Perhaps we need to have another BBQ;) :eater: :D The wheels are turning.

I'd be willing to help put together another event but I'm not so sure I want to take the sort of heat I did for the pre-VOI.9 BBQ that I ran at the brothel in 2006.

There is a Nevada region that by most accounts is pretty much dead. I doubt the NV region has the wherewithal to pull off a BBQ given the highly limited number of active members they have left.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Honestly I think everone would have better response to a Vegas meet AFTER VOI. Lets be real here, a VOI, while it may be a vacation from the REAL world, is not "vacation-like" with its early mornings and strict scheduling. A few days of R&R after the fact would be PERFECT!

I would certainly be willing to help plan something, as I will need to be involved for the members here too.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd be willing to help put together another event but I'm not so sure I want to take the sort of heat I did for the pre-VOI.9 BBQ that I ran at the brothel in 2006.

There is a Nevada region that by most accounts is pretty much dead. I doubt the NV region has the wherewithal to pull off a BBQ given the highly limited number of active members they have left.

Las Vegas.....VOI 11 1/2..?

:D

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I think everone would have better response to a Vegas meet AFTER VOI. Lets be real here, a VOI, while it may be a vacation from the REAL world, is not "vacation-like" with its early mornings and strict scheduling. A few days of R&R after the fact would be PERFECT!

I would certainly be willing to help plan something, as I will need to be involved for the members here too.

Thats what I was thinking. I am waiting to hear back from higher authorities on the matter, but wheels are in motion:2tu:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so a plan is in motion for a Vegas Vacation after VOI but planing is on hold until we get final schedule and arrangements for VOI. As soon as we knew the full details for VOI we will start a new thread just for the Vegas Vacation.

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the original idea of this thread, but my question is how many of the people considering this road trip would be driving their Viper, and how many would be driving their tow rig and trailer? Might not be too much fun to be in a Viper following the tow rigs. If most of the folks were actually driving their car, this would be a blast. 5000 miles in a Viper is a fun way to spend two weeks.

Curtis

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I like the original idea of this thread, but my question is how many of the people considering this road trip would be driving their Viper, and how many would be driving their tow rig and trailer? Might not be too much fun to be in a Viper following the tow rigs. If most of the folks were actually driving their car, this would be a blast. 5000 miles in a Viper is a fun way to spend two weeks.

Curtis

I have the feeling it will be largely Vipers. I know of only 2 people with trailers right now.

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing if I made it that far, might as well hit Vegas too. Not sure I could swing the southern part of the trip. How many "days" you looking to take to get out there?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing if I made it that far, might as well hit Vegas too. Not sure I could swing the southern part of the trip. How many "days" you looking to take to get out there?

There are two groups leaving from this area as far as I know. I will probably leave Sunday or Monday at the latest, and the other group is going to leave Tuesday.

Rich Link

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now the AZ Region is planning to cruise up on Wed, Sep29 from Phoenix thru Page,AZ (Lake Powell) then up thru Zion National Park, and possibly overnight in St. George,UT. Thur morning we would drive thru/visit Bryce Canyon National Park then continue to SLC, arriving early afternoon. A stop in Las Vegas on the way back (Sunday pm) would work for us. From there on Monday, we could continue back to AZ, although there might be interest in a stop at the Grand Canyon for you East Coast types.:drive:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be up for this. Are you NY guys driving thru Nashville when driving to Salt Lake? If so I would be up for joining your group there for the looooooonnnnngggg drive. It all depends on if I trust my car to drive 2000 miles with no problems...:confused:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I might be up for this. Are you NY guys driving thru Nashville when driving to Salt Lake? If so I would be up for joining your group there for the looooooonnnnngggg drive. It all depends on if I trust my car to drive 2000 miles with no problems...:confused:

Nope, we will be taking the Northern route out, and the Southern route back [Through Nashville] However, it would not be THAT far north for you to drive and catch us on the way out...?