WC Brake Pads

COILD

VCA Member
Reaction score
I have the 2003 CC #33 and have been using the Mintex brake pads for 5 years. I noticed the WC CC's cars are using the Performance Friction Brakes Carbon Metallic 7780.01.18.44---slotted.

Should I switch?? (I still have the original one piece rotors.)

Thanks,
Mickey Craig
Orlando

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mickey,

Contact a few of the WC Teams. Have you upgraded to the WC Rotors? I believe this is why they might be using these pads.

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 2003 CC #33 and have been using the Mintex brake pads for 5 years. I noticed the WC CC's cars are using the Performance Friction Brakes Carbon Metallic 7780.01.18.44---slotted.

Should I switch?? (I still have the original one piece rotors.)

Thanks,
Mickey Craig
Orlando

Mickey,
I too have used the Mintex for years. I heard the PFC's are a great pad. I never tried them myself, but I went back to the old stand-by Pagid RS-14 Blacks. They are a little more abusive on the rotors, but at 75 a rotor--so what. My experience with them, great pedal feel, good modulation and fantastic stopping power. They do not last like the mintex, roughly 2/3's the life of Mintex. I use the fronts until half gone then put them in the rear, then bew ones in the front. Seems to give even braking and balance
PM me for more info.

Joe B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper