Website Moderation Call Me

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently a few people have been upset with what they think is unfair deletion of their posts or threads. There has been much talk of” HIDDEN MODERATORS" with a hidden agenda. In past a few of the moderators/administrators had received threats of violence to themselves and their families. We decided to no longer identify who the moderators are.

The Board of Directors of the VCA voted unanimously to keep our website PG rated. The moderators were instructed to remove all posts that didn't conform to this standard. Everyone has their own opinion what is PG rated so enforcement does vary depending on the moderator.

The moderators are not required to notify anyone as to why they delete a tread or a post. If they respond that defeats the purpose of keeping them anonymous. Some of the moderators have the time and inclination to e-mail people whose posts they pull but they are not required to do so. The deleted threads are sent to the recycle bin and the website administrator has the ability to see which moderator deleted the thread. If there is a pattern of abuse he can notify the website committee.

I am available to talk to anyone who has a problem. My phone number is 623-877-8144.