Wed Night Drags - Infineon

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang it, this week has been going so fast at work that I forgot tonight is Wednesday. Have a good time, the weather looks good!

Cheers,
George

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great evening. Even had a tailwind. Something you don't see to often. Greg was there in his beast and John from Sonoma ran in the MT class and did well. Greg car 900hp is so powerful that it seems nearly impossible to keep it on the ground. John had his best night so far this year getting into the final rounds. I will be racing Monday at the Final Summit race of the year hoping to get a spot in the Vegas shootout. Tough Competition for sure but, lots of fun with some really great racers.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rich .... John ran a 12.5 that was his personal best. I took my Vette to practice for the Summit race on Monday. No personal bests but finished in in a good position for Monday. I am also working on that Raptor light for you. I called them because I want to know it the PCM is the same as the 2004 for the output pinn. Have yet to hear back. Keep you posted. Greg did well but that car is hard to keep under 11.5 so he has to drive it differently. I watched him take off with a normal launch and spin the tires 3/4 of the way down the track. That car has a lot of power. Sure would be nice to see a few more Vipers on Wed. nights.

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sounds like good times. i took my car out there once but was kicked out because I was a convertible with no roll cage. =(

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like good times. i took my car out there once but was kicked out because I was a convertible with no roll cage. =(
I bought a autororm hardtop and roll bar no issues but, yes they also didn't let me run with an open top. Very strict rules at that track but, I guess it's all for safety.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah, last time I was there they were saying I'd need a jacket to run sub- 12's. :rolleyes: This is in a mild build 2009 Challenger. Really???

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wierd I run the Viper in a tee shirt just have to have long pants and a helmet to 11.5. I wonder what they were on that day. I really think the rules should open up a bit more with the cars of today. Some high HP cars that will run under 11.5 from the show room floor. Thats why I don't go below 11.5. If so I would be banned from the strip. A six point welded to frame roll bar. That would change the usage of the car completely. The car is perfect for that time run. I think if I wanted to do more I would have to just get a different car altogether. I would love to drive that Dodge Challenger Drag car. Oh that is so nice. the only problem is it is pricey. You can get a fast 10 second drag car for around 10k. With a lot more invested in it. I lost on Monday made some bad decisions on my dial in. Oh well thats racing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R