We're Invited to Corvettes Against ****** Cancer Charity Run at AMS!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
I'm happy to announce that we are once again invited to take part in the Corvettes Against ****** Cancer event in October! The date is Oct. 18, 2008 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. For a $25 donation, you get to run your Viper for 5 laps on the track at AMS!! Last year, we all did two 5 lap sessions and got up to 120-130mph on the track! Following the time at the track, there will be a caravan to the Mall at Stonecrest in Lithonia, GA for a carshow. The schedule is located at: Corvettes Serving America Foundation, Inc. . According to the website, all Viper and Charger owners need to call before registering, so I have called and waiting on a return call. I would recommend not registering until I talk to the Vette folks and see what, if any, additional instructions they have for us. I will send an email out with any updated information I get. We can register at the track, so not registering online is not a biggie. Pics from last year's event are posted at: http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/607397-viper-pics-atlanta-motor-speedway.html . Lemme know if you have any questions![/FONT]

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Of coarse they invited the Vipers. They need some cool cars there to go allong with there boring Vettes.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
I'm happy to announce that we are once again invited to take part in the Corvettes Against ****** Cancer event in October! The date is Oct. 18, 2008 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. For a $25 donation, you get to run your Viper for 5 laps on the track at AMS!! Last year, we all did two 5 lap sessions and got up to 120-130mph on the track! Following the time at the track, there will be a caravan to the Mall at Stonecrest in Lithonia, GA for a carshow. The schedule is located at: Corvettes Serving America Foundation, Inc. . According to the website, all Viper and Charger owners need to call before registering, so I have called and waiting on a return call. I would recommend not registering until I talk to the Vette folks and see what, if any, additional instructions they have for us. I will send an email out with any updated information I get. We can register at the track, so not registering online is not a biggie. Pics from last year's event are posted at: http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/607397-viper-pics-atlanta-motor-speedway.html . Lemme know if you have any questions![/FONT]

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun to get lined up against a Corvette on the back straightaway at AMS and leave them sitting there :D I always do the courteous thing and decide not to wear my "God made Vipers t-shirt..." :D That may decide not to invite us back next year if I did wear it lol.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know how this develops! I've got my weekend cleared and this would be a very cool event! I could come down Friday and head back Sunday! Would love to run around that track. I'm even trying to get my friend from Roush to come with me if he's in the area.

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't fun to get lined up against a Corvette on the back straightaway at AMS and leave them sitting there :D I always do the courteous thing and decide not to wear my "God made Vipers t-shirt..." :D That may decide not to invite us back next year if I did wear it lol.
HAHA I wore mine to EuroSundays Vettes and Vipers show and shine last sunday. Most of the vette guys got a kick out of it. Some were not pleased.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wore mine to an all Corvette carshow about a year ago. The only comment I got was some woman walked up to me and said "You're prob not the most popular person here, but we have a Viper and Vette, so we can agree with it". I did notice a couple of stares from other people :D

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wore mine to an all Corvette carshow about a year ago. The only comment I got was some woman walked up to me and said "You're prob not the most popular person here, but we have a Viper and Vette, so we can agree with it". I did notice a couple of stares from other people :D
HAHA no one said a word to me about it. Guess they thought I looked like I might drag em out behind the coffee shop and knock there dentures out.

woosch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing lots of Vipers out at this event!!!

This will be my first year in a Viper and very much looking forward to how well it does on the track.

Last edited:

woosch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where do I get one of those shirts? Coming from the vette group it would be much fun to to show up to vette events wearing that shirt :lmao:

woosch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the weather is going to be nice as well!!!

Make sure to check your tire pressures, oil and start the day with a full tank of gas!

If anyone has any questions/concerns during the day, just ask anyone to point out "woosch" and I'll be there to help. I won't hard to miss... hehehehe

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The meeting spot for this weekend will be:

Waffle House
1064 Bear Creek Blvd
Hampton, GA 30228
(770) 707-1109

We will meet at 7:45am. This will give everyone time to eat and to drive across to the track before 8:30am.