Western Canada 2011 Events

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As all can see I am new to the forums; I have been relying on emails for all correspondence; from this point forward I will use both to increase coverage.

To update everyone on the planned events;

Vancouver Island May 01st 2011 weekend;

Due to the fact I have a home there and am familiar with the area I will take ownership of organizing this event; the planning is into the second phase;

Friday night arrive in Victoria;Coast Harbourside Hotel and Marina;
Saturday travel up Island via Chemainus; Errington; Qualicum Beach end up staying over in Parksville;Beach Club Resort;
Sunday; disperse to home or??.
I will be sending a more detailed description tommorrow.
May 21st weekend Peachland; initial planning;
June 11th weekend;Washington State; working with our US members; planning underway;
June 19th Fathers Day in Mission confirmed with Melody Kappler;

July Barkerville weekend event may move to Billy Barker days weekend; require input from Louie and Ron from Cochrane;

Mission Track Day; may move into August; discussions underway with R&P Motorsports;

August 06th weekend; Alberta weekend; need input from local Red Deer members;

Sep 10th weekend; Queen City Event Nelson BC; preliminary status.

I will require input from the local membership on all of the events.

Cheers; JT :)

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Events Update;

Details on the Vancouver Island event set for May 01st weekend were sent out; hoping for good weather; I know it is too early for the Alberta group!!

Washington State trip June 11th in the planning stage; looking good.

June 19th Father's Day in Mission is now set to go thanks to Fred K.

Barkerville event has been moved to July 16th to align with Billy Barker days; details to follow.

August 06th Central Alberta event; lots of ideas coming forward; maybe we can combine a track event around the weekend cruise event? Greg will follow up with some track dates.

September 10th Queen City Cruise; still planning.

Look forward to more ideas and assistance.

Cheers

Jim

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Important Update;

The Washington State weekend event at Lake Chelan is starting to come together very nicely; in fact we have 5 members already booked at the destination resort; Campbell's Resort on Lake Chelan. Waterfront hotel, motel, accommodations.

Members arriving Friday June 10th and departing Sunday June 12th. The group rate has been reserved under the Viper Club please call Mary Amsden the hospitality coordinator.

Th event agenda will follow when David Balfour returns from vacation in March.

Book now so you don't miss out.:):)

Cheers

Jim

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members;

I have finalized the plans for our kick off event of the year on beautiful Vancouver Island. It is the beginning of tourist season for the Island however the two hotels have agreed to offer reduced rates contingent upon a minimum of 10 Viper Club guests.

Friday April 29th 2011 Victoria; The Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel and Marina; www.coasthotels.com; Viper Club rate $ 109.00 for a superior view king room; includes gated secure underground parking.

Saturday April 30th 2011 Parksville; The Beach Club Resort; www.beachclubbc.com; Viper Club rate $ $ 139.00 for a Studio Ocean View, $ 189.00 for a one Bedroom Ocean View Suite, includes gated secure underground parking.

I have sent a broadcast email to all of the members to describe the weekend event, solicit interest and participation.Check out www.chemainus.com; Qualicum Beach & Parksville BC – Central Vancouver Island Tourism.

It should be a great event with something of interst for all; check it out and give me a call if you have any questions.

Hope to see you.

Cheers, :):)

Jim

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to the first event, coming up soon.
Anyone coming from the lower mainland who'd like to hook up prior to getting to the ferry terminal let me know.:)

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I still don't have track dates.

In the past few years I've just hooked us up with Davenport track nights - and that's worked out really, really well. Unfortunately we never had enough interest to run a Viper only event.

Regrettably, Davenport might be cancelling their year because of lack of interest.

I'm sure that I can find other track events that might be good for Vipers and I'll make sure to let everyone know once I get some dates.

Unfortunately we never had enough interest to run a Viper only event.

Greg

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I still don't have track dates.

In the past few years I've just hooked us up with Davenport track nights - and that's worked out really, really well. Unfortunately we never had enough interest to run a Viper only event.

Regrettably, Davenport might be cancelling their year because of lack of interest.

I'm sure that I can find other track events that might be good for Vipers and I'll make sure to let everyone know once I get some dates.

Unfortunately we never had enough interest to run a Viper only event.

Greg

Sorry to hear this Greg.:( I would like to get a couple of runs on the track this year.:drive: Keep us posted. Hope you can make it to some of our club events this year.:2tu:

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey gang;

The summer events program is really coming together; our kickoff event on Vancouver Island has been resonably well recieved; we should have 10 to 12 cars for the weekend cruise.

Lake Chelan on the June 11th weekend is also creating a lot of interest; some of our friends from Washington State are coming to join us for the weekend cruise.

The July 16th Billy Barker Days Event has been confirmed; the final details are being worked out including our Vipers in the local parade. We are also visiting Barkerville which should be a hoot.

The August 6th weekend event in Central Alberta is also looking very favourable; thanks to the local contingent of members; HSSS has offered to host the dinner Saturday night and Sylvan Lake accommodation could come to fruition.

Thanks for the help and ideas to move our summer events forward.

Cheers,

Jim :2tu:

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone from Alberta going to Victoria. I was not but now I am considering it, depending on the weather through the mountains.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone from Alberta going to Victoria. I was not but now I am considering it, depending on the weather through the mountains.

Highway cam looks good at Rogers Pass and forecast is pretty good through next week.
If you, or anyone else, are thinking about it, you should check with the hotels. I know there was limited space. If they're booked, you should be able to find a room at alternate hotels, I'm sure.
Take the plunge, it'll be a good time!

Time to go for a spin.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather looks like it will be okay from Kelowna through to the Island next weekend...but you never know what you will get on the mountain passes!
Beautiful in kelowna yesterday, had the top down!

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vancouver Island Event Update

Everything is a go: the Hotels and evening dining restaurants are booked. The weather report is very encouraging and should hold for the Saturday Viper Cruise from Victoria to Parksville.

Its not too late to join in; if you are having trouble booking a room at the Coast Hotel or the Beach Club Resort let me know and I will do my best to assist.

See you all on Friday afternoon; I will be at the Coast Hotel by 03:00 PM.

Cheers,

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to the weekend Jim. It looks like the mountain passes will be okay to drive....keeping my fingers crossed!

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Gang;

Latest update for this years events; I have put more thought to the up coming Peachland 14th Annual Car Show on May 21st and 22nd weekend; details were sent to all of the members via email on Sunday morning. I have included a cruise on the Saturday thru the middle Okanagan, Vernon area; I am hoping the weather will improve to the point where some of the Alberta members can attend.

Plans for the June 10th event in Lake Chelan are being finalized details will be forwarded ASAP.

Please consider attending the next events; let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Cheers,

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to this weekends' event, fingers crossed for good weather!
Meet and greet tonight at Joey Kelowna (2475 Harvey Ave/Hwy 97) Drinks in the lounge; 6ish, dinner at 7.

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone;

I wanted to update all on the remaining summer events;

July 15th thru 17th Billy Barker days in Quesnel BC; lots of great events planned for the weekend; commencing with the parade thru downtown; followed by the group attending a variety BBD events in the downtown core and the City Park all within walking distance; Sunday morning we head down to the world famous Barkerville restored gold mining town; during our day we plan to have a group lunch then in the afternoon we head back to our homes; the return cruise routes will be planned during the weekend.

August 05th thru 07th the Viper Nation spends the weekend cruising thru central Alberta; arriving in Airdrie Friday night; Saturday we are heading thru the badlands to visit the renowned Royal Tyrell Dinosaur Museum; mid afternoon we continue our cruise heading north to Red Deer; evening social at Ron and Bobbie Nichols; Sunday we gather and head out west to Rocky Mountain House and continue thru to the Lake Louise area for a scenic day cruise; mid to late afternoon we head back home.

August 14th weekend the Western Zone rendezvous has been set on for the Seattle Tacoma area; details to follow from the Washington Group; the event includes an AutoX competition at a local track plus other interesting events for all to enjoy.

September 10th weekend; we have 2 events in the planning stages; the Queen City Cruise in Nelson BC and/or the Endless Summer downtown car show in Summerland BC; more details to follow on both events you can check out www.autoeventlist.com for details on both.

I hope to meet some of the new Alberta members at the up coming events!!

Cheers,

Jim

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Endless Summer Event Update !!

Hi everyone;

We have decided to attend the Queen City Cruise in Nelson BC on the September 10th weekend. The car show and other activities in town are being sponsored by the local group the Nelson Road Kings Club. I have booked rooms at the Prestige Inn on Friday night and the Prestige Lakeside Resort for the Saturday night. The Resort has a fabulous spa that the ladies might enjoy. The resort will provide secure parking for the cars.

Nelson is a very quaint City on Kootenay Lake and if you have not been it is well worth the trip; September weather should be fine a little cooler but typically sunny. The main street is closed for the Saturday event so there will be lots to do and see all within walking distance from the Hotel.

The weekend is very busy so if you want to join the Viper Nation please call the hotels and book your rooms; they are filling up fast.

Make sure you mention the Viper Club of America to secure a preferred rate. Check out www.prestigehotelsandresorts.com

Hope to see you there.

Cheers

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21