What class will you enter in VOI, best time, best ET

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1/4 mile drag at VOI has several classes. What class are you entered in. Who will run stock, Mod I, Mod II, Unlimited. What do you have under the hood?, Let me know. With all the talk I am sure that the unlimited class will be full.
What is your best guess of the winning ET in the unlimited class. What is your best guess for top speed?

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, FYI, in case anyone is interested, the Stock, Mod 1 and Mod 2 Classes are FULL....... but VCA Headquarters will still take an entry for a bit longer, and subtract one from Bracket and Unlimited Classes. I believe there are 14 entries so far in Unlimited. Wow..... that's going to be SOME kind of competition to whittle things down to a class winner, AND, to see who might walk away with the new titles of "World's Quickest Viper" and "World's Fastest Viper"..... (with all due respect to the Misjack family and their awesome salt flats car).... meaning on the "drag strip"!
smile.gif
Definitely the largest collection of monster quarter-mile Vipers ever competing together at one event! Several tuners are trying to finish cars in time, so we could have even a few more in Unlimited. Remember..... spectating is FREE....... just like the driving!
yesnod.gif

Personally, I'm expecting that it will take a 9.50 to 9.60 ET, and 150+ mph to be the boss. Tony Kirk's TNT Motorsports car has already reached those numbers...... but can they do it again? And, with the added pressure of so much competition? Will a darkhorse steal it away?? Come watch and see for yourself!

Pray for good weather!!!!!
smile.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best uncorrected ET and MPH will of course depend on the weather, track prep etc. I understand that Beech Bend isn't as fast as some of the kingmaker tracks down in Texas, so my fearless predictions for winning ET and MPH are:

9.7 and 154 mph

(and no, I'm not predicting that MY car will run those times; just that those'll be what it takes to win)

OP
OP
J

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treynor
I agree with your statement about track conditions. With all the spots filled this could be an all day and into the night event. What about the Viper V8 that runs 8.5, would VOI let someone like that run or is this strictley V-10 Viper and Viper Mods. If I could I would leave for beechbend in the morning.

Does anyone know if this will be filmed and sold to members or should everyone bring a camera?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an exhibition class for cars running non-V10s or other "non-Viper" mods. I'll be filming a bunch of the runs, but if we have several cameras we can get more of them. Perhaps I'll burn a DVD when it's all done...

OP
OP
J

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand I am yet to hear but contacted the Texas VPR PRES and he had lots of information. Find the E-dress of Preshant Texas, Houston Pres. and E him. great person and very helpful.
See ya there.

I am still looking for names and classes you will run in. Would like to know who has signed up for Mod II and unlimited. I would hope that this would not turn into an all Texas run.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmations? I understand VCA Headquarters will be mailing them out early this coming week.

As far as the fastest times go....... as I recall the the facts surrounding the last 9.6 and 150 by the TNT Motorsports car, coincidently I believe it was run at.......... Beech Bend earlier this year.
smile.gif
Most of the fast guys from Texas are VERY travel friendly........ they'll beat you ANYWHERE!
wink.gif

Should be a good show, but be aware the VCA Drags will be over and done by 4pm, not extending later in the evening. It is the night BEFORE (Tuesday), during a public "Test & Tune" session, that perhaps 15-20 Vipers may be "warming up" as late as 10pm.

The cars in Unlimited all seem to be from CA, FL, PA and TX.

OP
OP
J

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treynor-If you do burn a DVD keep me in mind I will but one. Maybe DC will have the entire race filmed and up for sale, that would work.
Anyone that would film the event could sell a box car load of copies.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">When will we get confirmations? Registered the first day and yet to hear a peep?!</FONT f>