What do you guys think these two vipers are worth?

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
#1) Mint condition, but high mileage...'03 Red SRT-10 w/39k mi on it. Comes w/extended max care warranty and will be covered until 2010.

#2) Mint condition '03 Black SRT-10 w/10k on it. Does not have an extended warranty, so I'd have to spend $2275 from dodge to get the "max care" bumber to bumper warr.

I'm wanting to leave the sellers and asking prices of these two vipers anonymous for the time being just so I can get unbiased opinions from you guys. I'm looking to buy either one of these in the next week. The first one of course is a steal, but I just don't know if it's worth buying one w/that high of mileage. The other one is a good deal, not a GREAT deal, but a good deal. I know re-sell will be greatly diminished w/the higher mileage, but wouldn't you guys think that no matter the mileage, they won't ever be worth less than $30k? I plan on putting about 7-10k mi. on one each year, and have no plans of selling. Thanks a bunch for your help.--Andy

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, that's about what I was thinking...Anyone else have an opinion. I may be purchasing in the next few days and would like to hear some more opinions. Thanks--Andy

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
40 and 47...personally I would wait for an 04 to come up with the same mileage as the black 03

Yea, I've thought about getting an '04 just because of the cam bolt issue on the '03's, but how long do you think it'll be before the 04's consistently drop to high 40's? I know that one sold a month or so ago for $47k w/2,200 miles on it which is insane. I wonder if that car had a bad history or something. This 10k mileage one I'm looking at is right on par w/what you guys have been saying it's worth. Are there any other reasons you say go for the '04 besides it being a year newer? Thanks--Andy

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 04's have a few other niceties...carpeted trunk, red calipers and will probably retain value better than the 03 in the long run

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the 04's have a few other niceties...carpeted trunk, red calipers and will probably retain value better than the 03 in the long run

Carpeted trunk? Was it an option in 03, my 03 has the carpet.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Gauges are nicer on the 04 as well.

I'd wait.....