What do you think is a fair price to paint the front fascia?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I need to get my front fascia painted due to a small nick in the fascia. I don't know it this is something that can be airbrushed or touched up..but it's down to the black plastic. So i'm thinking that the fascia will have to be repainted. Any ideas what a fair price is? I've seen some fascia repainted, but they seem to chip easier than the stock painted ones...any idea's why? I got my small mark from parking too close to the garage door while it was opening. The mark is about the size of a tip of a pen. Looks like a zit on a perfect fascia.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ab:
I need to get my front fascia painted due to a small nick in the fascia. I don't know it this is something that can be airbrushed or touched up..but it's down to the black plastic. So i'm thinking that the fascia will have to be repainted. Any ideas what a fair price is? I've seen some fascia repainted, but they seem to chip easier than the stock painted ones...any idea's why? I got my small mark from parking too close to the garage door while it was opening. The mark is about the size of a tip of a pen. Looks like a zit on a perfect fascia.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have struggled with the same thing. Got behind a truck that dump a bunch of wood chips and chipped up my front facsia on both the blue and white stripes.

I was quoted just under $600.00 for Complete removal, refinish, repaint off car,blue and white stripes, wet sand and buff and reinstall. I would assume it should be less for you because of no stripes to repaint???

I ended up getting touch up paint from paintscratch.com. Ifn your car is going to be a Garage Queen then paint it, if it going to be driven then the facsia is just going to get dinged again, its just a matter of time.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $330 for the front of a black C5. I would think the Viper would be a somewhat similar price.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order some touch up paint from your local dealer. Cost less than $10. After you touch it up you will be the only one that ever notices. Also keep in mind, it's gonna get nicked again.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid $300 for a similar job on my GTS.

Figure you can get a whole car painted with a good paint job for $3000 - and thats a LOT more work than a fascia.

Just make sure the person knows what they're doing... my paint matched perfectly but was very susceptible to cracking because of (I assume) a mismatch in the chemicals used. The guy was going to re-do it for free (he's a perfectionist) but it still happened.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had stripes painted on my 97. My paint guy showed me several tricks, including how to get rid of paint chips. Simply fill in the chip with touch up paint then wet sand with 2000 grit and buff out. Looks great and you can NOT tell where the chip was.

To paint the entire fascia should be under $500 and about $300 to paint the lower half only. Hope this helps.....Kurt

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not do it less than $300. The shop should also heat cure the paint to make it more resistant to chipping. Silver is NOT the hardest color to match, white is. Silver is acutally pretty easy as thier is not alot of colors mixed to make it up.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what its worth, I asked the same question of the shop I used to repaint my side sills (which were yellowing). I have a minor spider type crack way down low on the fascia, I assume its from the previous owner and the normal rubbing of the fascia...

Anyway, they tried to rub it out, and they discouraged me from having them refinish the fascia because they said the factory finish is sooo much better than what they would apply - even though they would add the additives to make the paint more flexible (I think this is standard procedure for flexible bumpers) and heat cure it too...

They basically did not want my money...

Tomer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth