What does this mean?

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hooked up an OBD scanner and software to my car and under the emmissions section it said that Catalytic converters were "incomplete data" and Oxygen sensors were "incomplete data" as well. The car is a S/C Paxton and has stock exhaust manifolds but could this reading mean that it has no cats and the tuner (a well known Vendor here on the forum) turned off the oxygen sensors CEL through software?? I am learning about this stuff but I am assuming this would affect closed loop operation in the engine??

I tried to load a custom tune into my car tonight along with installing a 2 BAR MAP sensor (tune was custom for that) and the car started fine, ran for about 10 seconds and then slowly dropped RPM to where it was barely running. I couldn't give it gas or the car would "choke" (best way I can describe it).

I have a Slit Second Box and I removed all timing retard (it was built into my custom SCT tune) but I am sure that was not the cause since I returned it to original and it still ran really rough. So, it must be the tune.

Thoughts?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its 1 of 2 things, if you have recently either cleared your computer, or had a dead battery or changed your battery- thats the reason, or it may be from your tune-crap you got goin on. rip all that crap off and put it back stock. all that **** just makes your life misserable.

OP
OP
T

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had the battery disconnected to put in a new rear end, haven't driven it much since then. You think that is the reason that I see "incomplete data" That would make sense if so.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The incomplete data means that the powertrain control module has not seen you make a complete drive cycle. The tests that the computer runs are specific to speed, throttle input, temperature input etc, and if you haven't fully satisfied all those things to the computers satisfaction, it will show incomplete for the items that have not "tested out" yet. OR, you could have a POS scanner that doesn't read those items properly on your car, and thus shows incomplete data. If you can look at the data stream from the pcm, then you can see if the O2's are functioning (switching). You can tell the relative health of the catalytic converters by looking at the upstream O2 sensor data, and comparing it to the downstream O2 sensor data. The upstream should be rapidly switching Hi volts, to low, and back again. And the downstream should appear lazy in comparison. (laymans description), but to put it in technician terms, many folks would start to drool and then fall asleep. Hope this helps. Mark ASE L1 CDMAT.

OP
OP
T

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes sense, I doubt the cats are out, it's not that loud and doesn't stink.

OP
OP
T

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have discovered that taking out 1 BAR MAP and replacing it with 2 BAR MAP even with SCT tune scaled at 2 BAR tables does not work so good in my car. Now, why is that? Is it the Split Second Box that gets screwed up? Do I have ot calibrate it to 2.5 DCV from the 5 DCV? Car runs like crap after about 10 seconds on running normal. Any thoughts out there?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth