What exhaust is on my car?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My side sills are lower towards the rear tire creating a large gap. I want to realign everything but my exhaust seems to be what is causing it sit lower than stock. I'm looking at options for a way to fix this problem so I've been looking at pictures online for different exhaust systems.

EDIT I FOUND MY ANSWER

Ok I found the listing when I bought my car and I found out what has been installed.

Belanger Headers
Roe Racing High flow cats
Corsa Cat Back Exhaust

Here is what I have installed.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

My next question now is about the resonator. To keep it or remove it?

Here is a picture of it removed. This is a kit from Belanger.

You must be registered for see images

Pro's and con's of not using the resonator?

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like OEM from the resonator on back. I had the Billy Boat exhaust and it had the same looking resonator and cats you have in the pic. With the BB, I had to modify the rear hangar bracket shown in your second picture. I ended up cutting them down, re-welding them and that lifted up the exhaust enough for my rockers to clear. There was a slight gap between the top of the exhaust and the bottom of rubber mount so I essentially removed it. I think I gained 3/8 - 1/2" clearance. I'd first check to make certain that your rear exhaust hangers (pic #2) are bolted flush to the frame. It's difficult to tell if this is the case in your pictures. Besides the gap issue, why do you want to change/modify the exhaust?

OP
OP
J

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

My main concern was the side sill sitting lower. I wasn't sure what the resonator was since I'm not familiar with exhaust systems. I really don't want to change anything so now that I know a little bit more, what are the pros and cons of using the resonator and not using one?

I'll have to check to see if the hanger can be moved up.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hangar is one thing to check. It could also be sitting lower than normal due to the way the resonator was welded to the pipe leading to the cat. If the angle is off it could be an issue...Difficult to say from the pic though.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the exhaust is holding the rocker out or down I'd be concerned about heat and fire as well. When you get everything where you want it I'd spend a few dollars and wrap the exhaust. It makes a huge difference on rocker temps and interior heat.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the OE exhaust that was on my 2001 RT/10...

...and this is the Random Tech cats with the Corsa cat-back exhaust...

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I found the listing when I bought my car and I found out what has been installed.

Belanger Headers
Roe Racing High flow cats
Corsa Cat Back Exhaust

So basically other than checking the hangers and welded in position of the pipe. If at worst I had to cut out the pipe connected to the resonator, would you suggest I replace it with something else or leave it off altogether?

My car is really quite right now and doesn't have any drone on the highway. My interior has sound deadner so it's super quiet inside.

Pro and cons of leaving off the resonator?

OP
OP
J

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the exhaust is holding the rocker out or down I'd be concerned about heat and fire as well. When you get everything where you want it I'd spend a few dollars and wrap the exhaust. It makes a huge difference on rocker temps and interior heat.

Thanks! Getting the tempature down is on my list. I've heard bad things about wrapping the exhaust on a Viper though? I've wrapped the exhaust on my truck with no issues but it's not in a compact area like it would be on a Viper. I'm thinking about having them coated. Maybe...

ultradriver10000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before cutting and welding I'd try heating it up and bending it slightly with a jack, might give you what you need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh