what germany thinks about the SRT-10 ...

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty negative...
I would have expected a way better reaction from 'PS' crazy Germany.
No talk about any affiliation with Mercedes either.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yves:
Pretty negative...
I would have expected a way better reaction from 'PS' crazy Germany.
No talk about any affiliation with Mercedes either.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone want to offer us non-German speaking folks a translation? It's an image so I can't cut and paste it into babelfish....

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nein sprechen zee Deutche!
frown.gif

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is pretty funny - a free translation - It looks like someone needs to help correct the errors. At least this is a start. You can kind of get the idea of what they are trying to say.

Already the leerluf after printing of the red starter button is similar to cinem earthquake. That restlessly grummelnde V10 the car body erzittern, the gear shift lever vibrieren lets - viper in tepid position.

Sore if the horses released, then becoming it furious, erase with ultrafatten rear tire. Black strips on the asphalt and fire away therefrom like balls out of the Colt of Jesse James. Permit a Gasstob genugt in order to be faster than the sheriffs.

Not only therefore viper-Faahren is a dance on the volcano. The inmates sit namlich as well as on gluhenden coals. The motor and that under the page box of hervorquellenden exhaust pipes radiate itself such one glow heat off, that one immediately like grill meat fuhlt.

Also the viper itself stands full in the Saft. Its V10 was raised in the Hubraum by 8.0 on 8.3 liter vergrobert and in the achievement of 450 on 506 HP. Torque: 712 Nm. The best then also the brachiale push and the helikopterartige Wummern of the motor are. Form new the weichgespulte not finds to be sure uberall Biefall.

A Cabriolet in place of the old shred roof wunschte itself however the majority of the viper-community. Only the Dodge-people assessed quickly that one must dafur the entire car reconstruction. Therefore nail with heads: 50 kilograms of weight out and improvements purely: coarser brakes, windschlupfigere Aerodynamik, robuster transmission-Synchronisation, electrically adjustable pedals with Febstutze, more were far off and a 310-Watt-Soundanlage.

The triste Plastiklook in cockpit and the refusal did not remain be receipt at ESP, Tempomat, Cupholder and electric Verdekbetatigung, extreme hartgesotten mus one nevertheless in order to become with the nueun viper glucklich. That the resilience-comfort is orderly. Verbesserungspotenzial remains trorzdem: the gear shift lever is too long, the wing hakelig, the needle of the Benzinuhr (70 liters of tank) more quickly than a zurzeit the Nasdak-index.

Europaische vipers enthusiasts have other worries. The new model comes first in the autumn 2003 uber the coarse pond, must become on an exhaust concern without Sidepipes umgerustet and costs not under 100,000 euros

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under the photo translation - The translator seems to have missed a bit on this one also but...

Viper is powerful, but the cheap plastic-Ambiente in the Cockpit is a turn off. The sixth gear serves as an extremely long overdrive

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxwedge:
The viper should always bee a barley tolerable street car with emphasis on impracticality and speed....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOT..If you want that, there is the Competition Coupe

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maxwedge:
SRT10
I disagree, comfortable over performance was never the intended vision of Lutz/Gale/Shelby. They never wanted the Viper to compete with the Vett. If that what you want SRT...then buy a Vett or Porsche. maybe the Germans have castrated the Viper? I dont know yet

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Castrated the Viper????
laugh.gif

Have you been listening to the numbers? This ain't no castrated car. Way, waay, waaaay outperforms the GTS with no more creature comforts than the GTS had. How is that even potential castration of the car?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRT10:

NOT..If you want that, there is the Competition Coupe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I come "trolling" over here once a month or so and get my heart broken by comments like this. But I knew it was gonna happen. Max, I agree with you. Way back in the original board format I posted that we better enjoy it while we can ‘cause nothin’ last forever. I was referring to the original unrefined Vipers.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venom 2K:
the needle of the Benzinuhr (70 liters of tank) more quickly than a zurzeit the Nasdak-index.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats pretty funny!!!

The needle of the gas gauge drops faster than the Nasdac index!

laugh.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen