What is a fair price on this new coupe?

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MSRP is $90,890. New black coupe with silver stripes - 2006. Has $700 wheel option (H wheel I believe) and sat radio. Stripes are $3,000 option. I was leaning towards a new Z06 at roughly $2,000 under MSRP or approx. $75,000. I think I can get this Viper though for just under $78,000 when I add in my enclosed shipping that will be necessary. No shipping on the Z06 due to proximity to me. Seems like the Viper would hold better value but not sure since a much higher HP Viper seems to be on the way. Thoughts as always are appreciated.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is a great looking car and a sought after color combo. The price seems good too, assuming that shipping is close to $1500, making the cost of the car roughly $76,500. I wouldn't get so hung up on the power issue re: 08's because it is likely going to be only a 100hp bump, which would be easily beat by throwing a SC onto the '06 for $8-9k. It is too early to tell how simply the '08's will be able to be modded.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also keep in mind the vette is getting a more powerful counter part too. called the stingray or blue devil, either way, both cars will be sunset in a year, where as the value of the viper will stay, the vettes will continue to drop. Also, those vettes have at least a 2 year run if not 3. There will ever ONLY be 1 year the 2006 coupe was made. What they release next year, wont be identical, so its going to make the 06 coupes relatively rare in viper land !!

So if you are into its current style, pick one up, before your next option is to have someones left overs !!

Jon

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get the Viper

I have a friends with an '03 C5 Z06's who are getting calls from dealers trying to get them to trade for a new Z06. If the new Z06 was so desirable, dealers wouldn't have to be marketing AT ALL.

I love that color combo btw, post pics after you get it:)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased my new 06 Viper Coupe in late November, 2006. Full load with the 5 spoke wheel upgrade, Sirius-for-Life (dealer threw in), Silver Stripes and optional GTS Blue paint, new Viper car cover and duffle bag (dealer threw in) and custom viper florr mats front and back (dealer threw in). MRSP was $91,295. I picked it up for $77,000, and added the 7yr/100,000 mile/$0 Deductible factory extended warranty for an extra $3,000. So it was $80,000 total, plus local taxes.

seems to me you have some room to mvoe on the price and at $76,500, I would say that is possible, maybe even more, now that winter is upon us and is harder to move on a sports car over the winter months.

Just my opinion.

Rick

BTW, I filled in the VIN #, etc. so who do I have to bribe to change my title from Enthusiast to Viper Owner. Still waiting on my returned VCA #, Does it normally take over 3 weeks for a response?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the price is great, grab it while you can.

Coloviper
Upgraded you from coach class to Business. And yes, it takes longer than 3 weeks. The process is automatic at the dealer level but there is an intermediate entity that processes it before it gets to JRThompson. Sometimes that intermediate entity takes a long time. I would call JRThompson at 800.998.1110 to see if they can speed it up. PM me when you get the number and I will upgrade you to First Class.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Lee;

I sent in my $100 membership, only to find out later, that I received a free one year membership courtesy of the dealership. I received the letter from Chrysler afetr I sent in my VCA dues and membership, thus I should have 2 yrs with the free year and the year I just paid for.

Oh well, it will get straightened out. I will give JR a call in a day or so and see where everything is at.

Thanks again Lee.

Rick

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$78,000 is a good deal. Problem is the coupe is a one year production with only a few being made so the prices stayed high but that is good for you since it will not loose much value. They went down a little bit in the summer but now that there are very few available they went up again. It is so bad that if you shopped right, you could have purchased one in the summer, enjoyed it a little and then sell it now for what you paid for, if not more. Good luck with your choice.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSRP is $90,890. New black coupe with silver stripes - 2006. Has $700 wheel option (H wheel I believe) and sat radio. Stripes are $3,000 option. I was leaning towards a new Z06 at roughly $2,000 under MSRP or approx. $75,000. I think I can get this Viper though for just under $78,000 when I add in my enclosed shipping that will be necessary. No shipping on the Z06 due to proximity to me. Seems like the Viper would hold better value but not sure since a much higher HP Viper seems to be on the way. Thoughts as always are appreciated.

I just talked with the salesman about that car( IN UTAH) Iam about 25 miles from them...He told me they are looking to get 78K for it...Looks beautiful,GO GET IT!!!! :nana: :nana: :nana:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Don't wait. Prices are going up as supply dwindles and that is a great price.

I just bought a new VOI 9 coupe and love it. All of these cars are great drivers and are also very rare. It's hard for me to beleive after driving it that they aren't selling very well.

These are very solid, refined, good looking cars and they are Vipers.

I doubt that the new coupe will be much different.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get the viper, you'll be much happier. They are great cars and you won't see many around no matter where you live. I just bought a red/silver from Bill Pemberton @ Woodhouse in NB. He sold me the car for slightly less than your target. they also had very reasonable and fast shipping. (enclosed shipping is tough right now w/Detroit auto show and Barrett-Jackson). I bought a 1200 mile red/silver in October and got a great deal (it was a z-06 trade that they probably made a home run on!) that car got totalled in early November and I've been looking ever since. Good colors are getting fewer. He's got 2 black/silver on their web-site. Talk to him and you'll see the difference in dealers. Good luck, should have my new car by 1 PM today
Mike

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper, Viper, Viper. I just sold my c6z06 (while also owning an 02 GTS). If magazine articles matter to you, get the vet. If driver experience, excitement and feeling like a kid every time you hit the gas and hold on appeals, the Z06 just does not compare to the viper (and that is referencing my slower, stock GTS). You can't wrong with that beautiful SRTC. Great question, easy answer: ENJOY THE SNAKE!!!