What is Best High Gloss Product for Rubber/Plastic in Engine Compartment

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\

Yikes, that's a bit of a haul. I'll have to pass, but I'll try and catch up with you at Carlisle.

Brian, as to how they work, when I get some time tonight, I'll try to write us a little reply on the differences I see in the three vehicles. I haven't tried enough different products yet on the Viper, but I can see that it is going to be a challenge!

Feel free to bring it to Carlisle. I can use it there too as I'm there for the entire event. That's a lot of demos! :2tu:

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman, If you are really up for a challenge, you can play with the paint on my 94 RT/10 at Carlisle .... 16 years of neglect to clean up :)

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman, If you are really up for a challenge, you can play with the paint on my 94 RT/10 at Carlisle .... 16 years of neglect to clean up :)

If you are planning on fixing it, I will be more than happy to look at in Carlisle. I might even make it a demo car. Post a picture of it!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My issue is waterspots. Previous owner apparently never cleaned them up, and on the black paint, they really show.

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The logo photo is a sample of the general paint condition when I received the car .... due to an unfortunate incident, that part of the car has been repainted.
The other 2 photo's are the scratches behind the gas cap that I can't seem to get rid of

Attachments

• IMG_4923.jpg
    IMG_4923.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6415.jpg
    IMG_6415.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6416.jpg
    IMG_6416.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 14

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The logo photo is a sample of the general paint condition when I received the car .... due to an unfortunate incident, that part of the car has been repainted.
The other 2 photo's are the scratches behind the gas cap that I can't seem to get rid of

Bring it on down to Carlisle for the All Chrysler Nationals. I just finished up there with the All Ford Nationals. Look for the Adam's booth with the big detail spray bottle and I'll get you a pass to bring it into the fairgrounds. Let me know what day you'll be there so that I don't line up anyone else and I'll make those scratches disappear. It might cost you some ice cream or chicken though! :D

You must be registered for see images

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman,

I'll have the Viper there all the days ... as the wife can attest, I can always be talked into ice cream

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be there Thursday morning with the SRT8 Superbee, and showing the Bee at the Mopar Rebellion Preshow and all day Friday, and have the Viper there on Saturday. I always stop by the Adams tent, so I'll see if maybe you want to take a look at the Bee or the Viper as well. Although, Victor's paint deserves your attention more than mine.

Scott

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman,

I'll have the Viper there all the days ... as the wife can attest, I can always be talked into ice cream

I'll be there Thursday morning with the SRT8 Superbee, and showing the Bee at the Mopar Rebellion Preshow and all day Friday, and have the Viper there on Saturday. I always stop by the Adams tent, so I'll see if maybe you want to take a look at the Bee or the Viper as well. Although, Victor's paint deserves your attention more than mine.

Scott

With the 4 days that I am there, I'm positive I can fit you both in! :)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like 303 or In & Out spray. Z16 also works very nice and contains all kinds of rubber preservatives.

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is best for the hard black plastic areas in the engine compartment. (not the rubber hoses or painted surfaces). Mine got filthy during shipping (open carrier cross country) from red sand etc and nothing seems to be able to restore any lustre.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to use Ultra Cote 2, but that was taken off the market. :(

Now I use the Plexus or Honda polish... Plexus we used on everything on/in our cessna, windows and everywhere..
A bike friend gave me some Honda Polish you can get it at most bike shops... really incredible stuff too