What is my Gen IV K&N worth?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a full Gen IV K&N setup complete with pre-filters, gaskets bolts etc.
I also have an extra new intake tube, tray, filter, and 2 gaskets.

What should I ask for this setup?

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can buy them new on ebay for as low as $425 shipped right now (search for 69-2527TTR). I'm guessing your extras are worth an additional $200-250 though, so you may want to sell the extras separately.

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you have this installed? as shown in the picture...... if so...what did you think of the performance difference?
I have this same kit.However I have not installed it yet..Dam thing weighs 15lbs...not interested in adding weight to the car....
doing all I can to reduce weight...But if the performance is really that much better I would do it... anyone?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I have done some research and found some answers and corrected some things I was wrong on. To answer some questions:

I bought the car June of this year, it was installed earlier in June with 2,*** miles on the car. I have put under 2k miles on the K&N.
I don't know how it compares to the stock setup. I just installed the stock setup on Sunday as the car is going into storage for the winter. I love the look of the K&N, especially with the red valve covers, however the future plans will not require the K&N and with the car in storage for several months I figured now would be a good time to remove it. The install instructions have a dyno chart, 18/18 gain at the wheel.

The full kit and extra K&N parts came with the car. I paid him a bit extra for the K&N, Corsa and some other extras.

As far as the weight goes, the stock airbox is quite heavy, gotta be heavier than the K&N setup, at least that was my thought when installing the stock airbox. The K&N always got compliments on how awesome it looked.

I looked into what Tattooed mentioned. As with him, the cheapest I found the K&N for was about $425, most in the $450-$500.
(I just found out that the kit includes the 2 pre filters. This is where I was incorrect. I assumed those were extra as they sell for about $75 for the pair and every pic I have seen of this kit shows it without them. I am sorry for that mistake)

Based on the replies and me just finding out the kit includes the prefilters I think this is a fair price?
$375 shipped for the full kit with the 2 pre filters
$150 shipped for the extras
$510 shipped for the full kit with extras

Attachments

• Dyno.JPG
    Dyno.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 19

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like an absolutely fair price to me ... especially since used Gen IV kits rarely show up for sale. Kit looks like it's in mint condition too. :)

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 years ago I had my 08 Gen 4 on the Dyno to compare stock air filter vs K&N Typhoon system (as talked about on this thread)
Only other mods were : Mopar PCM and Belanger headers with H/F cats with stock mufflers
Results were just the opposite of what K&N advertised.
Stock air filter : 575.8 hp and 548.6 tq
K&N Typhoon : 571.1 hp and 529.3 tq
The K&N set-up looks terrific but ( from my own results) the best power is with the stock airbox
BLUE : Stock paper filter
RED : K&N Typhoon system

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery