What is the best aluminum polish?

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I am in the process of polishing and old set of aluminum rims that are not clear coated and am wondering what is the best polish or cleaner to use on them? I've tried mother's, Blue Magic, and one or two others and not that impressed. :dunno: Thanks.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eagle One Mag Wheel cleaner used to be really good. They were bought out by someone...I haven't tried the product lately

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the wheels are bad get a mothers powerball. the first time i used it i said, Where has this thing been my whole life!!

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can find nothing better than Flitz polish for metal......fantastic and easy to use with great lasting effects, and I agree with KenH........Poorboy's wheel sealant even adds to the lasting effect.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you use, you have to get some buffing wheels for your drill. Otherwise you be like the karate kid; wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off......

DrDJ

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the best luck with Mother's Billet aluminum polish. Use some microfiber towels to remove the residue. I like good old elbow grease to get the job done!

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used Wenol for years, the pink does a good job at first and then the blue has some wax in it for the final polish......the rag gets really black when using Wenol correctly and the biggest mistake when using the polish is putting too much on the rag, rather just a small dab works better than a long stream.... I then put a coat of Zaino to protect....I have never used Adams, curious if all on this posting could persuade me to change from Wenol ?? Thanks

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the imput. one thing i've been doing is spraying adam's detail polish on the rims and then wiping after i am done polishing.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, every other drive i wipe em down with a dry microfiber to grab all the dust off, then wipe em down with QuickDetailer for a protected shine that makes it easier to wipe down the next time.

hand polish the lips with the mothers or eagle paste every other week, and bust out the powerball every month or two to keep em looking like a mirror.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We use POL to polish the prototype reflectors in our model shop at work. It works better than anything else that I have ever tried. Just found out that it the same thing as Wenol. Wenol® and Pol® Metal Polish - SPI Supplies
I have even used it as the final step, when doing the trigger job on my S&W 686. Now it is nice and smooth. I also polished the finish with POL so much that the gun looks like its nickeled instead of stainless.

I am very impressed with the polish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets