What is the strangest or BEST reaction you've had to driving your viper?

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper?

I had posted in the non-viper forum by accident. Meant for it to go here.

Here are some of mine as of recently:

I have an employee (who also works with her husband there) who I have since found out are swingers. Anyway, when I got the RT/10, the husband came and told me, "My wife says she would love to get laid in that car." Later on that day she sent me an email that said, "When are you going to let me ride your snake?" Not "ride in" but... well, anyway, if only I were an employee as well and not a boss. Sigh...

I've had the usual cars speeding to catch up and then snapping off photos.

I have ricers pulling up all the time wanting to race.

Thumbs up from everybody all the time.

On the freeway, big rig truckers honking their horn and thumbs up (happened a handful of times.)

People always asking me if my Gen I car is a 2003. "Why yes... yes it is!"

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper?

sounds like life is good :)

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Strangest?

My best friend saying, on his very first ride in the Viper, "Man, I can hear the motor clicking <lifter noise> and everything. I don't like that..."

He's a lamer non car guy. He also started to complain about the heat so I punched him in the face.

Best? Hmmm...someone asked me how many gallons to the mile I get while I was filling up. :laugh:

<oh and I finally got my first flash last week but it wasn't worth it :( >

Godsize

Enthusiast
Reaction score

number one has to be " are those speakers in the hood ". You just wanna punch these people right in the mouth. Why would there ever be speakers outside the car further more why in the hood. Shmucks.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Onlooker: Is that an RX7?
Me: It sure is.
Onlooker: I thought so.
Me: Good day.

I have gotten the speaker thing but nothing tops the rx7 comment.

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had 3 drunk guys on their knees praying and bowing to the car as I left the local bar. Sad and funny at the same time.

That stupid laser comment for the lights. Are people that stupid? I tell them, "look, do you see the numbers there you flippin *****?"

ByteMe

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just sold my 93 RX-7 (which was red) and got a 97 Viper GTS (blue with white stripes). The best comment has been, "Oh you repainted the RX-7". Neither of the 2 people that said this was joking...

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cruising in Chesnee SC....I heard a guy yell from a crowd "Vipers are slow". As opposed to the Civic you own? Oh, I guess I didn't see the tin wing or cold air intake or decal on the windshield. We all know that's what makes a ricer faster than a Viper. duh Oh and the guy at the drag strip that said "it doesn't have a power top?" that was classic.

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I love the "is that a kit car"? freekin yokels..

99BLKRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Phrases:
"Trade cars with ya!"
"What's the fastest you've gone in it?"
"Viper? Who makes that?"
"How's the Gas mileage?"
"Is it supposed to idle like that?"
"That car makes me wet!" (No joke. Have had that one twice)
Gestures:
Thumbs up
Peace sign (dunno what the Viper did to them)

It's amazing how many people drive around with cameras. I didn't find out until I've owned my Viper! :)

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Are you going to keep this car?
2. Is that a corvette?
3. Is it fast?
4. I herd that Vipers dont corner.
5. And the best is hows car is that. like anyone is going to let me drive there Viper to work at 5am.

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I actually did get the "speakers on the hood" one time from an attractive woman, but very dense. *hate it when that happens* My friend who was riding with me told her some story about how the speakers have to be in the front on the hood because the car goes so fast you can't hear the sound of the radio if they were installed in the car...and some other stuff about Doppler Effect and bs bs bs. Couldn't believe she bought it.

Most common comments:

1.) Thumbs up
2.) Is that a viper?
3.) Wow!! A viper!!
4.) How fast have you driven it??
5.) Are you single? (they are never attractive either)

Where are the women that are flashing???

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. Is the Viper as bad as the car magazines say it is?
2. Are you a drug dealer?
3. Is that the new mustang?
4. Why did you buy that? I heard they cost more than vette's

and the best

5. I'll do you for free for a ride

I am also amazed how many people drive around with video cameras.

Bill

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i had about 10 spanish speaking kids show up on bikes when i was at the speed shop filling up the " NNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" bottle. i think i made their day

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper

I've had my car for over 7 years, and drive it quite often. I have heard some pretty silly ones.
Is that the new Jaguar? (also heard BMW, Corvette, Mazda, Ferrari, etc)
How much was it?
Does it get good gas mileage?
Are those speakers, what are those things on the headlights?
Wanna race for pink slips (UPS guy, cop, guy on a bike - we both get a good laugh). I have been asked that one at least 50 times. Usually by someone in a hooptie.
A friend of mine was driving w/ me in the passenger seat, and a motorcycle cop pulls up beside us on the freeway and asks if we want to run him. Didn't happen.
Pulled over for speeding. My lic plates at the time were "so slow". Cops says "you aren't living up to your license plate" I say "so is short for sorta". He laughs and says "get outta here, and keep it under 85".
Giving a girl a ride, and we stop at a light after a spirited session. She looks me in the eye and says "you won't believe how wet I am". Married me doesn't check. :)
Very few negative reactions. Did come out of a very nice restaurant, parked right in front, to find spit all over my hood (I've heard of others w/ worse, and on the inside of their cars).

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In Order of frequency, here are the reactions I get.

1. What's the fastest you've had it up to?
2. Are those speakers?
3. How much did ya pay for it?

99% of reactions are positive.

Going to various retail establishments and having 3/4 of the staff walk out to oogle the car. Love it.

My strangest experience, however, was when I came out one time to find a perfectly clear lip print on the hood, from where someone had walked by and kissed the car. :D

Only a few spattered negative reacions in the 6 months I've had it, most of which are hostility directed at such a young guy driving this kind of car.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i've had the speakers, the how much, the what is that, the flashes, and others but the funniest was a guy at the tolls yelled out at me "i'll trade you my car and my whole family for that car". Didn't go well with the lady sitting next to him, but we all got a good laugh out of it.

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok...the quintessential Viper story actually happened to me several weeks ago.

I was stuck in traffic on a typical suburban street and noticed this nice-looking blonde walking across the Shell station parking lot with her arms loaded with stuff. She noticed me looking at her and yelled "Nice car!" to which I responded "Thanks...want a ride?"

I swear to god she imediately dropped everything she was carrying right in the middle of the gas station lane and runs over to the car and hops in! :O I drove her around the blocks a few times, got her phone number and I'm supposed to go see her next weekend. What a car. ;)

--Rob

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

big bags of groceries = kids and or husband...beware...LOL

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I must be missing out. I don't get that much reaction around here. Of couse the usual thumbs up now and then but no flashing, wetness or even any dampness.... :(

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Superbar,

Where do you work? I can come by at lunch time and give your employee a ride on my snake. I mean in my snake.

:D :D :2tu: :2tu: :headbang: ;)

BillS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While stopped at a long traffic light, I notice in my rear view mirror a cute gal waving to get my attention. I wave back. She keeps waving and pointing etc… I raise both my hands so she can see them through my back window, and point to my ring finger. (Which doesn’t have a ring) She raises both hands, and points to her ring finger, (Which has a ring) and then takes off the ring and tosses it! I have a good laugh, wave and as I drive away, I notice she’s driving a minivan with a loaded child seat. Defiantly married.

Bill

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The only thing wet in my car is my as$ on a hot day!!!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom (GTSnake) same here. Guess the center of the auto universe isn't the place to impress with a car. Though I used to get kids running behind me through Rookery when the RT/10 was new and Vipers were rare.

I will say the RT/10 used to bring out the 16 and under crowd the SRT now brings out the 40+ female crowd. Don't know which choice is better.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The classic line is, "I bet it runs don't it." Of course this could be because I live in West Virginia and people here consider an S-10 with the 4.2L a hot rod. I get so sick of people asking me if it is fast or how fast have I had it. What do you think? It has an 8.0L V10 in it. Do you think it's slow? Does it look slow? I don't understand why I can't get some of the comments from hot ladies like you all say you do. I'm a relatively normal 22 year old. What do you all do to get the women to tell you they are wet? I agree with Kgrif in that my ass and back of my legs are the only thing wet in the Viper. Yea I'm always a big hit with dudes, especially guys my age or younger, but I never have had a girl say anything about it other than your car is pretty. If they think it looks good from the outside, they should come inside and see how it looks from there.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score

from a corvette owner at a stop light...

Why did you paint those silly stripes on it...it makes it look like a teenagers car? :rolleyes:

I said "it makes the car go faster" "see"...then I left him for dead when the light turned green. :D

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. 6 yrs ago or so I was eating at a local restaurant. I had my '94 Viper then, and of course I'd sit where I could watch it. I look out see some people are driving slowly through the parking lot video taping my car. 2. Another time, I take the '94 up to a local GM dealer to get some parts for another car.. I'm feelin pretty smoov' and all as I park it. Then I turn and see a RED Diablo pulling in next to me... He's a cool guy and we talk alot. His son has a Testarossa... 3. School kids doing the "I'm not worthy" bowing thing after getting off of the bus. 4. High schoolers washing cars to earn money for their team etc begging me to pull in and let them wash my car. With dish soap..followed by a dry with towels that are spread out on the pavement to dry.Ahh...NAH.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No kidding. People having those car washes always want to wash my car when I drive by them. I wouldn't let them wash my '94 toyota tercel, nonetheless my Viper.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I gave a buddies co-worker a ride, all she could scream was
OMG, THIS F****** CAR IS FAST!!!!!! :eek: She just kept screamin' that over & over again. It was cool. :headbang:

(I think she was havin' multiple *******!!!) :D

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regular questions are:

How much did it cost? (I could say $150K and not get a blink)

How fast does it go? (I could say 200MPH, and just get an approving smile/nod)

Wanna race? (usually said with a smile by someone driving a commuter car)

Are those speakers in the hood? :rolleyes:

What kind of gas mileage does it get? (I tell them that I've gotten 26MPG on the ferrway, and they are always astonished)

Can I have a ride? (usually the answer is yes)

And the comments that usually follows a quick ride are that it is by far the fastest car that they have ever been in, and that they are surprised how well it handles.

Passengers over 40 comment on how low the Viper is, and how tricky it is to get out of. (no surprise)

I drive mine every day, so it's uncommon to not get positive comments, usually several each day.

I love it when people blurt out "Oh my god! It's a Viper!!"

I've had groups of teen kids stand up at a bus stop and clap (3 times so far), and regularly they shout and wave on bikes as I drive past.

No flashing babes yet, but I always gets smiles and waves from pretty girls that would never even look my way in an ordinary car. If they are nearby they usually say "nice car".

It's what I imagine that a celebrity feels like being seen in public. :laugh:

-Dean.