What is the strangest or BEST reaction you've had to driving your viper?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper

I guess people in the S.F. Bay Area must be a bit jaded, because noone has offered me sex for a ride, and I don't get the frequency of attention mentioned by others on this board.

I'm in SF too... six figured cars are commonplace, and anything made in America is frowned upon here. I still get more attention than I'd like though... people too busy gawking and not paying attention to their driving.

Strange, twice in the past week I've had passengers in cars driving next to me take pictures of the car - in San Jose.

No offense to our brothers that meet monthly down in the south bay, but we Viper owners further North should get together around here. Between the distance AND the traffic, San Jose might as well be Oklahoma. :D

Hmmm - we have people that come from Petaluma, Stockton, and other areas further away than you. :cool: For that matter, I was just in Oklahoma earlier this week.
I get my picture taken at least once a week. It's annyong, especially at night with a flash! :eek:

Don't bust my b@lls. :D It's like an all day affair just to take the snake to Ted May's for some work done. I can't imagine willingly driving down there during rush hour for some food and yucks, even with great fellow Viper owners.

How about we alternate events from south to north bay every other month? My family owns a pretty sizeable restaurant in Berkeley. :)

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Don't bust my b@lls. :D It's like an all day affair just to take the snake to Ted May's for some work done. I can't imagine willingly driving down there during rush hour for some food and yucks, even with great fellow Viper owners.

How about we alternate events from south to north bay every other month? My family owns a pretty sizeable restaurant in Berkeley. :)
Actually, I agree with you - I can barely make the meetings due to my work schedule, and its only 14 miles for me (it used to be 1.5 mile from where I used to live). I can't imagine trying to make it any sizable distance, especially during rush hour in the Bay Area. I agree with your idea of alternating, but I probably couldn't make it.

Back to the thread (trying to abort a hijack): The biggest problem I have with reactions to the car is the tendancy they teach you in racing classes that people tend to drive where they look - I can't count the number of times people have changed lanes into me admiring the car. Thats one level of attention I'd happily do without...

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Traded my z06 for the GTS a few months ago. 2 fellow employees asked me why I striped my vette.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Went to Galveston Texas for the first time in my life the other day. On of the worst places I have ever been, mostly because the people were so *&%&ing rude!

Since I was still waiting on my car to be finished having the twin turbos installed and was going through viper withdrawals, my buddy and I rented a couple of cars in Houston and drove them down to Galveston on the Gulf of Mexico for the night. He rented a yellow Lotus Elise and I rented an 05 Yellow Viper.

We get there after some spirited interstate driving and pull up to a cafe for supper and right away have 3 guys start bad mouthing the cars, especially the viper. We blew them off and went inside to eat, sitting where we could see the cars.

After checking into the hotel we went downtown to the clubs and spent about 1/2 hour just trying to find a place to park where we felt safe with the cars. Everywhere we stopped people were bad mouthing the cars etc..

Finally one guy offered to watch the cars for a case of beer because he said the cars would be wrecked if we left them alone.. people don't like rich cars here we were told.

When we left we picked up the cars, he was still sitting there watching them, but there was 4 guys waiting for us. They started yelling at my girlfriend to come with them and leave the d---less p---y to drive his banana boat piece of s--t car, meaning me and the viper. They also made remarks about me needing the car for my lack of manhood. We got in the car and went to leave when one of them made a run at the car and tried to jump on the hood! I smoked the clutch in reverse and he fell on the ground. By this time I had had enough and got out of the car. I am 6' 4 and 250 lbs... We had a crowd come out of the bar and one the waitresses called the cops, I guess everyone was watching...
Long story short, the retards that were bothering us bolted when I got out of the car.. couldn't stand up to a real fight...
Cops came and told us to leave town in the morning and quit causing problems.. Didn't like rich kids coming to town and stirring up the locals. What a bunch of ******** ****** people. I am definitely not rich and we were in a couple of rentals! Some people amaze me.
Never the less, I won't be going back there again!

Sorry for being long winded!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow! You may need therapy after that experience. LMFAO Good story...

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll remember to add Galveston to my list of places where not to visit.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

About the comments to your girlfriend, I had a similar thing happen to me years back in Gainesville. I was walking back to my car and some guys were yelling similar stuff. My girlfriend yelled back "my boyfriend's d!ck is bigger than your arm."

That shut them up.

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

my boyfriend's d!ck is bigger than your arm.

Is that why your screen name is Anaconda? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cali Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I guess people in the S.F. Bay Area must be a bit jaded, because noone has offered me sex for a ride,

being that its S.F maybe you dont want to be offered sex for a ride huh?

LOL That's why I live in the East Bay!

Cali Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I hear you about traffic. I commute from the East Bay to San Jose. I only take the Viper on softball days when I know I won't be heading home till 8 pm.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

my boyfriend's d!ck is bigger than your arm.

Is that why your screen name is Anaconda? Sorry, couldn't resist.

No comment. :2tu: :headbang:
Well, normally, his nickname is Garter Snake, but, when she's around.... :cool:

The problem with his question about my screen name is that I can't answer it, without any backlash. If I say "yes" then I am sure I will get a "You're full of crap" response. :2tu:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess people in the S.F. Bay Area must be a bit jaded, because noone has offered me sex for a ride,

being that its S.F maybe you dont want to be offered sex for a ride huh?

LOL That's why I live in the East Bay!

thats why live in the east bay too! of course i dont own a viper (but i do know a lot about them). let me tell you how me and my brother reacted to seeing a viper a about year ago. he (my brother)was driving the ghettomobile (a chevy s-10 blazer, that will be mine once i get my licence) sadly i wasnt there but i was talking to him on the phone. he pulls up to a light and notices a viper. he says "theres a viper and ill call you back". i said "oh **** is right next to you ". he said "ya". he said "i got to go". i said "rev your engine". he said "ok" and then he hung up. then he reved his engine and gave a mean mug to the viper owner. the viper owner smiled (and laughed because he notice how much of a pos my brothers car was) and reved his engine. the light turns green they both go the s-10 gets to 30 mph fast and then starts to studder and accelerates really slow. by that time the viper is long gone. :(

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thats why live in the east bay too! of course i dont own a viper (but i do know a lot about them). let me tell you how me and my brother reacted to seeing a viper a about year ago. he (my brother)was driving the ghettomobile (a chevy s-10 blazer, that will be mine once i get my licence) sadly i wasnt there but i was talking to him on the phone. he pulls up to a light and notices a viper. he says "theres a viper and ill call you back". i said "oh **** is right next to you ". he said "ya". he said "i got to go". i said "rev your engine". he said "ok" and then he hung up. then he reved his engine and gave a mean mug to the viper owner. the viper owner smiled (and laughed because he notice how much of a pos my brothers car was) and reved his engine. the light turns green they both go the s-10 gets to 30 mph fast and then starts to studder and accelerates really slow. by that time the viper is long gone. :(

You have 304 posts in one month, and you don't even own a Viper? Wow....

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah sween is addicted to Vipers like most of us lol.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yup im addicted

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yup im addicted to vipers lol :D

juniormint

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Today, a lady pulls up to me and says "Jesus Christ loves you"...I said thank you and I need all the help I can get.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Today, a lady pulls up to me and says "Jesus Christ loves you"...I said thank you and I need all the help I can get.

Amen to that :2tu:

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here's one story that I thought was kinda funny.

I went to one of those car parts stores (like Pep Boys but the Canadian kind) to see what they have and buy some fuses because my cigar lighter didn't work when I first got the car. As I walk in, the three guys working there hover around me and are asking about the car. One guy knows more than I do (almost) and I walk out with the fuses.

I pop open the hood in the parking lot and start to look at the fuses in the engine bay and I turn around and those three guys are right behind me. Silly me, I was checking fuses visually and the one guy says that the fuses are listed on the underside of the fuse cover. He also tells me there are more fuses inside the car but I told him the fuse for the lighter is supposed to be in the engine bay. I checked that fuse and it was fine (of course, I found out later that the bad one was in the car). I ask him what he drives because he seems so knowledgable and he drives a Neon. There's nothing wrong with that and I say "that's cool". Then I stop and think for a second and say, "Hey, shouldn't someone be minding the store?" They immediately turned around and went back to work as one of the three was the supervisor :)

License plate on an SRT4 in the parking lot at work: "BABYVIPR". I get there before that person so I never get to park next to them :)

Keep the stories coming...
Santo

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I drive for a living and the District Manager asked me "I bet that it moves."
Not wanting to risk my reputation as a safe driver I said "It takes lots of discipline to drive this responsibly as my license is important for my job." He grinned and moved on.

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score

One of the coolest is coming up on a minivan full of kids. By time you get beside them they ALL have thier faces glued to the windows, giving you the thumbs up. Always puts a smile on my face, I used to BE one of those kids (up until last spring, actually :) )

Jay

Gene

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great stories.

I don't own a Viper, but I went and test drove one last Saturday since I am looking to get one soon. The FIRST vehicle I came across was a big truck and the passenger was hanging out the window gawking at the car.

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was at Sonic and had a little kid come up and ask for my autograph since I was a race car driver. I have the poser stickers and # on it so it pretty much looks like it just came off the track.

There was an SUV swerving all over the highway in front of me the other day so I just figured she was on her phone, sure enough I see the phone like she's dialing except it's being held in front of the rear view mirror. I finally pass her and there's the phone pointing at me as I go by.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great stories.

I don't own a Viper, but I went and test drove one last Saturday since I am looking to get one soon. The FIRST vehicle I came across was a big truck and the passenger was hanging out the window gawking at the car.

Someone let you TEST DRIVE one? When I bought mine, absolutely no one would let me, even though I had the blank Capital One check with me.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper?

number one has to be " are those speakers in the hood ". You just wanna punch these people right in the mouth. Why would there ever be speakers outside the car further more why in the hood. Shmucks.
People ask me that all the time. My answer is, "No, those are the cooling vents for the warp drive. If you look real close, you can even see the glow of the di-lithium crystals." You wouldn't believe how many of these dorks actually look into the mesh. :D

This was a great response. I must try this one next. Took awhile to read all the posts on this thread but it was fantastic

Gene

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone let you TEST DRIVE one? When I bought mine, absolutely no one would let me, even though I had the blank Capital One check with me.
Yup, I was in contact with the dealer for awhile and actually showed up when I said I was going....which they said doesn't happen often. Very nice guy, asked me if I wanted to take a ride. I said sure, and off we went. He drove it off the lot and a few miles down the road where we switched and I drove it back.

How is your car? I'd be a little weary if I wasn't allowed to test drive before buying it. I can understand sellers point of views since I'm sure many people will lie and say they are interested just to drive it. But at the same time, I think one should be able to test the car out first before dropping over $50,000 for it.

joegolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My best would be that the company I work for had some sales guys from Japan here for training. One of the guys was into cars but had never seen a viper in person. After he was told that I had a car he asked if I could drive it so he could see it. Well I drove it the next day and he took a lot of picture and was very excited to have the opportunity to see one. Of course we went for a short but spirited drive. After we got back he said that it was better than he would have thought but he had only seen them on the video game Grand Turismo.