What is the strangest or BEST reaction you've had to driving your viper?

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper

A couple of years ago my girlfriend and I were out for a cruise on my new sportbike. We pull up to a red light and a Gen. I pulls up next to me with the top and windows off. Of course I say, "is it fast?", he says "wanna find out", and I say "yes". So we go to the hwy and go from a 30 roll. I knew Vipers were fast, but that day I learned how fast they were. By the time I got to 120 he was a good 5 cars ahead of me. I did have my gf on the back, but he still would have spanked me. After the run we pulled over and talked for a while (well, they talked, I drooled). He let me sit in his Viper (first time). What an awesome car.

My gf was not really happy that I raced with her on the back, but it was worth it to see that car move.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Someone let you TEST DRIVE one? When I bought mine, absolutely no one would let me, even though I had the blank Capital One check with me.
Yup, I was in contact with the dealer for awhile and actually showed up when I said I was going....which they said doesn't happen often. Very nice guy, asked me if I wanted to take a ride. I said sure, and off we went. He drove it off the lot and a few miles down the road where we switched and I drove it back.

How is your car? I'd be a little weary if I wasn't allowed to test drive before buying it. I can understand sellers point of views since I'm sure many people will lie and say they are interested just to drive it. But at the same time, I think one should be able to test the car out first before dropping over $50,000 for it.

Gene, Whenever that day arrives that I sell my car (god forbid), I will NOT let the prospective buyer drive the car. They can be a passenger but if I lose a sale due to my strict rule of no free test rides, then so be it. If someone wrecked your car during a test ride, I can assure you that YOUR car was at fault and you would be responsible for the accident.

Cardinal Rule: Nobody test rides my wife nor my Viper.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone let you TEST DRIVE one? When I bought mine, absolutely no one would let me, even though I had the blank Capital One check with me.
Yup, I was in contact with the dealer for awhile and actually showed up when I said I was going....which they said doesn't happen often. Very nice guy, asked me if I wanted to take a ride. I said sure, and off we went. He drove it off the lot and a few miles down the road where we switched and I drove it back.

How is your car? I'd be a little weary if I wasn't allowed to test drive before buying it. I can understand sellers point of views since I'm sure many people will lie and say they are interested just to drive it. But at the same time, I think one should be able to test the car out first before dropping over $50,000 for it.

Gene, Whenever that day arrives that I sell my car (god forbid), I will NOT let the prospective buyer drive the car. They can be a passenger but if I lose a sale due to my strict rule of no free test rides, then so be it. If someone wrecked your car during a test ride, I can assure you that YOUR car was at fault and you would be responsible for the accident.

I also had a lot of trouble finding a Viper that I was allowed to test drive. Granted, I am pretty young to have been Viper shopping, so I understand it. I was looking at a Red 94' w/18k miles on it at a local carlot and they allowed me to drive it w/the salesmen shotgun. He waited until we got down the street to tell me the car had a salvage title. I guess they wanted to get me hooked and then hit me with the bad news. The salvage title killed the deal and I found my car a few months later on Auto Trader.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

P.S.--just a funny side note, while on the testdrive I dusted Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8. It was my 1st time driving a Viper and my thought getting into the car was "This is a lot of power, dont do anything stupid." That lasted about 30 secs until the Evo stopped to let me turn out of the carlot and we lined up at the 1st redlight LOL. The salesmen didnt say anything about it except "I hope you dont get a speeding ticket"

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A co-worker arrived from Germany and asks for a ride in the Viper.
Sure get in. :smirk:

We find a clear stretch of road and I nail it in second gear. When I looked over he was white, just like the corpse that you see on CSI. :eek: I guess it's more torque than the 4 ****** diesels that he is familiar with.

Well what do you think I asked? He said that his heart was going boom boom boom and he felt like he just had a good f :nono: k.
His final comment was, "he will never forget the power of the Viper Rocket". :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A couple of years ago my girlfriend and I were out for a cruise on my new sportbike. We pull up to a red light and a Gen. I pulls up next to me with the top and windows off. Of course I say, "is it fast?", he says "wanna find out", and I say "yes". So we go to the hwy and go from a 30 roll. I knew Vipers were fast, but that day I learned how fast they were. By the time I got to 120 he was a good 5 cars ahead of me. I did have my gf on the back, but he still would have spanked me. After the run we pulled over and talked for a while (well, they talked, I drooled). He let me sit in his Viper (first time). What an awesome car.

My gf was not really happy that I raced with her on the back, but it was worth it to see that car move.

what kind of bike?

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm embarrassed to say (thats why I didn't originally), but since you asked it was a 2003 Triumph TT600, but it wasn't long before I sold it and bought several different bikes:

2001 Honda CBR F4i
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
2003 Suzuki GSX-R750
2003 Yamaha R-1

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Gene, Whenever that day arrives that I sell my car (god forbid), I will NOT let the prospective buyer drive the car.....

Gerald, does this mean your wife is for sale? If so, could you post some pictures. Thanks! ;)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Gene, Whenever that day arrives that I sell my car (god forbid), I will NOT let the prospective buyer drive the car.....

Gerald, does this mean your wife is for sale? If so, could you post some pictures. Thanks! ;)

I would'nt take a million bucks for her!!!!!!!!!

(Now, for ten million, she's all yours.)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm embarrassed to say (thats why I didn't originally), but since you asked it was a 2003 Triumph TT600, but it wasn't long before I sold it and bought several different bikes:

2001 Honda CBR F4i
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
2003 Suzuki GSX-R750
2003 Yamaha R-1

now those 4 are NICE bikes.

still have any of them?

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used to own a motorcycle company, so I was always getting a new bike. Right now I have a 03 600rr. My next bike will be a 1000RR, but right now I'm saving all my penny's for a snake.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm embarrassed to say (thats why I didn't originally), but since you asked it was a 2003 Triumph TT600

You thought you would win with that?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm embarrassed to say (thats why I didn't originally), but since you asked it was a 2003 Triumph TT600

with the right driver that bike can give a stock gen 1/2 a HELL of a battle

In line 4

12.5:1 compression

110 BHP @ 12750 Rpm / 88.6 RWHP (on average)

50 Tq @ 11000 Rpm / 41.6 RWTQ (on average)

at only 374 Lbs (dry)

1/4 mile 11.48 @ 116.9 Mph

0 - 60 in 3.60 seconds

0 - 100 in 8.36 seconds

MSRP $6,499 (not TOO bad)

and not a bad looking bike IMO

7061triumph_TT600-med.jpg

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How is that relevant to anything? The guy had a ******* the back of the bike and went from a 30 roll to 120. 1/4 mile ETs are totally irrelevant on the street from a roll.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

even with a ******* the back (no matter her weight) the power/weight of the bike is better.

30 - 120 with the right driver that bike can take a viper, bikes are brutal from a roll, dead stop is harder because if you crack the throttle it will lift, that bike will NOT lift from a 30 roll even if you WOT it, while the viper will break loose @ WOT from a 30 roll.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love Viper as much as the next guy (maybe more) but 9 times out of 10 (unless your Gary) bikes are faster then cars.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1) You don't know his weight.
2) You don't know her weight.
So how can you possibly conclude that the hp/weight ratio is better?

Not to mention, you are assuming the Viper is stock. And honestly, how many are? Most are at least lightly modded (like tubes/filters, maybe a catback, etc.).

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love Viper as much as the next guy (maybe more) but 9 times out of 10 (unless your Gary) bikes are faster then cars.

He was riding a 600 with two people on it, not a 750, not a liter bike, not a 12R, not a Busa....

EDIT: I have raced at least five 600cc bikes, and beat all of them. I have lost to larger bore bikes, but not a single 600. Let alone a 600 with two riders, from a roll.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. the hp/weight is so much better on the bike that his/her weight does NOT matter unless they are each 500 Lbs and in that case the bike would not move not to mention if you count the people on the bikes weight you have to count the people or person in the car.

Gen 1 400 Bhp 3440 Lbs

Bike 110 Bhp 374 Lbs

power to weight is hands down for the bike.

as far as the mods, those mods you mention won't change the outcome all that much, bigger mods however will. it will come down to driver is the bottom line but with equal drivers it would be close

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He was riding a 600 with two people on it, not a 750, not a liter bike, not a 12R, not a Busa....

EDIT: I have raced at least five 600cc bikes, and beat all of them. I have lost to larger bore bikes, but not a single 600. Let alone a 600 with two riders, from a roll.

keep in mind you have a gen 2 and modded at that, besides you may be a great driver, I have yet to lose to a 600cc either but again im not stock either, however it can happen, the new R6 is fast as hell (I have yet to race one of those)

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No I did not think I "would win with that". I didn't even shift at very high rpm's. Remember I had a passenger and didn't see a need to piss her off completely. I raced the Viper for one reason...fun.

To answer the question: I weight 180 lbs, she weights 110. I think if I raced the snake without a passenger it would have been a better race. I would have been a lot more aggressive w/ my shifting, but I still don't think I would have won. Maybe, with a 750 and def. with a liter.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, if a guy on a bike came up to me and asked if it was fast, I would think he is up for a race, because he thought he could win. But that's just me.

I figured you weren't driving to the potential with her on there too.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well I look at it like this. until 04/05 or so, even the liter bikes only had 130 140 ish Hp (with some exceptions of course) and the same weight and the 750 being only slightly above the 600's in power and the same weight as well, if a 1K bike would SMOKE a viper (and it would) then a 600/750 (with a good driver) has a good chance.

Granted the TT600 is FAR from the fastest middleweight I think it has a shot, judging by specs alone since I have NEVER driven one

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What you need to realize is the CC on the bike is NOT the be all end all of what the bike can do (like it used to be years ago) the ninja 636R and a yamha R6 are NOW putting down 125 Bhp where up until 2000/2001 the 1K's were putting down that kind of power.

So the 600's CAN have the 1K's power, how safe it is?? who knows they have not been doing it long enough for us to know.

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The TT600 is not much of a sportsbike IMO. It's more like a good sport/touring bike. I have ridden almost every sportbike on the market and the TT600 is far and away the weakest.

I know how we can put this issue to rest. I am willing to do another run against a Viper (for the sake of science of course). I have a stock 2003 600RR right now. If anyone in CS or Bryan, TX reads this I would be willing to give this another shot. This time I'll leave the girlfriend at home.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The TT600 is not much of a sportsbike IMO. It's more like a good sport/touring bike. I have ridden almost every sportbike on the market and the TT600 is far and away the weakest.

I know how we can put this issue to rest. I am willing to do another run against a Viper (for the sake of science of course). I have a stock 2003 600RR right now. If anyone in CS or Bryan, TX reads this I would be willing to give this another shot. This time I'll leave the girlfriend at home.

wow its THAT bad huh???????

ok maybe I was wrong it WONT have a shot if its THAT much of a pig LOL but that CBR 600RR WILL have a shot I know that for a fact, I LOVE that bike

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So I am guessing you want to race a stock Viper with your stock bike? You didn't say.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

stock to stock with equal drivers the CBR will beat a gen 1

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1-How much did it cost?
2-WOW! that was nice he let you drive it (I am a female)
3-Is that a corvette?
4-How fast have you gone?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

stock to stock with equal drivers the CBR will beat a gen 1

Fascinating. Now all he has to do is find one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth