What is "track alignment"?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is \"track alignment\"?

Road course assumed...

Tires leaned in radically at the top, front tires pointed out, rear tires pointed in. A setup like this will wear the inboard shoulders of the tires off in just a few hundred street miles.

On the racetrack where you're loading the outer tires very heavily in the corners and you have lots of body roll, the extra negative camber will keep the tire and contact patch more square with the road surface. This gives superior corner traction.

Pointing the tires in or out (toe angle) will make huge differences in how quickly the car turns into a corner or tracks straight over upsets (front) and how controllable the rear is on power-down.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is a "happy medium" though, I had it done to my snake, it handles better on the track but is still streetable.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My 98 RT/10 wears on the inside fronts much quicker than the outsides. I assumed it was a normal aggressive factory alignment since it has never been aligned. But a friend of mine has a 93 and his tires wear evenly. Did the factory alignment settings change sometime between 93 and 98???