What kind of headers do I have???????

crossram440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, Just aquired my 97 GTS about a week ago. There are a few bolt on performance items and I am curious to know what brand this stuff is . I did some research but have not yet been able to determine the brand of headers that are on the car. I was told it was a full [******] exhaust. The pictures and info I have found on the [******] system does not match what I have. My headers drop down to a very large connector flange that is approx 6" in diameter and has about 20 bolts around the flange. The flange is vertical after the primary tubes bend to face the side sills of the car.(it reminds me of a fire hydrant flange) After the very large flange is the collector. The headers and exhaust are not coated they appear to be just plain steel. The header flanges and exhaust flanges at the cylinder head have some sort of white high temperature paint on them but just a ring of white right on the flange. Seems kind of strange to me.I have not seen any info on a system like this. Anyone familiar with these?

OP
OP
C

crossram440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get some pictures , but my didgital camera is on the fritz, + even if my camera was working I have not figured out how to post pics. with my text, looks like I need to have the pictures stored on a server somewhere for it to access them so they can be viewed. Anyhow..... The Borla headers in the research I have done have the flange after the collecter and the merge of the tubes. My flange is right at the 90 deg. bend of all the tubes and the flange is before the merging section of the collector, all five tubes terminate right at the large bolt together flange, then it is just a large round tube that necks down to a collector and the 3" size fitting.... I gotta go and get a new camera!!! then figure out how to post pics. Just a newbie on this forum need to do some homework on the site.

OP
OP
C

crossram440

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok got a reply on this one ,..they are the original style Borlas, thats why I couldn't find any info on them, Borla has since changed the design.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21