What percentage of Vipers are wrecked..

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere that over 70% of all Vipers are wrecked, and over half of those in the first 90 days of ownership

Is there any truth to this?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally bogus.

If DC builds 1,000 cars per year and 35% are wrecked in the first 90 days, that means 350 new cars are wrecked each year; 3,500 new car wrecks since the car was introduced in 92.

I would guess your numbers are off by a country mile or two.

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Afy:
I read somewhere that over 70% of all Vipers are wrecked, and over half of those in the first 90 days of ownership

Is there any truth to this?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose it would depend on which aftermarket brake setup they were running - the one that comes with a free fire extinguisher or the other guys'.

OP
OP
A

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Joe:
Totally bogus.

If DC builds 1,000 cars per year and 35% are wrecked in the first 90 days, that means 350 new cars are wrecked each year; 3,500 new car wrecks since the car was introduced in 92.

I would guess your numbers are off by a country mile or two.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That could be it.. but is it true..
frown.gif
frown.gif

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you really want to know the answer to this question send JonB a direct e-mail. I believe he keeps pretty good tabs on this kind of information (along with everything else). He's posted stats in the past, you may also want to try the archives.

Matt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21