What programs Datalog for a Gen 2 viper? ---

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not interested in tuning right now ... but I would like to datalog the performance of my 01' Viper.

I see the VEC and SCT Pro-Racer programs seem to be focused on actual tuning adjustments.

Do they both datalog also?

Is there just a datalog-only program out there?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, thanks! ---

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a TON of money just to datalog a couple parameters. HA!

I wonder why messing with the computers on these cars are so hard ... all my other OBD2 vehicles are plug n play (handhelds) when it comes to something simple like datalogging.

I even have a couple OBD1 cars that require a laptop to datalog , but that's the extent of how hard it is.

I already have the 9550 SCT Hand Held Custom Tune unit with some tunes from A&C performance. I think the SCT Pro-Racer setup is pretty sweet and was hoping it datalogged, but its my understanding that its just to actually adjust the tune. ---

OP
OP
A

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was searching and saw the SCT x3 is about to come out , and will be a typical hand-held unit that will datalog too.

I don't like the idea of buying a second hand-held if I don't have to.

I see some "generic" datalogging programs via the Android phone applications that some people have recommended on another forum.

I will be doing some research on that stuff now. :) ---

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scan XL pro works well with the Gen 2s. You can also configure inputs like a wideband. It's around $200 after you buy the proper cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32