What Year GTS's Can I Swap Out My Roe S/C and Heads?

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totaled my 99 GTS about 6 weeks ago and still haven't gotten any word from the insurance company. The thread is here if anyone wants to get nauseous http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/648746-Just-Wrecked-My-Dream-Car?highlight=synfull

In the mean time I have been searching through the various vipers for sale hoping that I can replace my car some day. The 2008's look amazing, but
are probably out of range for me. I thought to myself - if I was able to get an 08 with 600 hp, I could just leave it stock. :) For a few years at least.
Not really into 2003 - 2007. It either has to be a 96 - 2002.
I was thinking that I may try to work a deal out with the insurance company to buy the car back from them, (have no idea if this would be possible)
so I was trying to determine what year gts I could use my parts on. I am assuming the s/c will work with the 96 to 99. Not sure about the heads,
TD rockers (99 heads ported by roe for the s/c). I know 99 was the last year for the forged pistons, but I have read that I can use the s/c with lower
boost on the 2000 to 2002. Would the heads and rockers work with these years as well? Also, what years could I use my wheels on (Iforged Astra)?

Thanks for any help!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lower boost for 2000 - 2002 but the heads and roe should directly swap. you could also find someone to swap parts with if the insurance is not covering the modifications.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which pulley are you using for the blower? 5psi, 6.5psi, 8psi, 10psi? Roe recommends that the creampuffs (00-02) utilize the 5psi pulley which Roe still sells.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming you don't have the original pieces...manifold, heads, etc.? Where is the car, does the insurance company have it or is it still with you? Might want to give Chuck a call to see if he has some stock pieces laying around if you are up to swapping them out. It would be a shame to lose all those parts, as not sure you can recover the full cost of the added items.

Good luck.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is still at the bodyshop I had it towed to 6 weeks ago. The insurance company had tried to pick it up numerous times but I wouldn't give them permission. 2 days ago I called the agent and asked him to look into it for me. He said he would but he never called back. Yesterday I called the adjuster and left a message for him- he never called back. I'm have been very patient but I am starting to get irritated. Car was insured for 48k stated value. I was told that was what i would get if I had a total loss. Now of course it's a different story. The agent still claims that stated value is what you get!

Thanks for letting me vent