Whats a fair price to pay for "Ventireshield" clear bra NJ area??

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a quote for "Ventureshield", for side sills, and front facia ONLY. Seems high, whats a "fair" price for this? Keep in mind, the price quoted to me, was a "mobile" install. And they guy is about 50 miles from me. So, Im certain there is at least $100 or so padded in for gas/time/tolls. thanks

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I install ClearMask which is a similar paint protection film. I charge $750 for hood/fender/mirrors/front bumper/and the door cuffs. Rocker panels are another $200 due to the amount of material you are having to install. I am not sure what he quoted you or how much higher gas is in NJ as opposed to SoCal, but it shouldn’t be to much more.

Definitely check out some of his prior work before you get it done. There are some poor installers out there and you will end up wasting your money.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venture Shield is a lot cheaper than 3m since it is thinner and a lot easier to install. I had the front of my 335i done for 300 bucks and it would have been $700 with 3M.

Not sure if that helps or not. It also has to do with how many curves etc. Viper bumpers are very expensive and sill are probably a lot easier.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He quoted $825 for Front Facia,Side Sills, and "mobile" install.. High/low/about right?? opinions?

He did mention he could save me a few bucks if I drove the car to him (about 60 miles from me).. But I would prefer to carefully wash the entire car (my way). And NOT drive AT ALL prior to install. So, I actaully prefer the "mobile" idea. IF the job can be dont as well, as it could be at the shop..

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For $825 you should be getting the hood/bumper/mirrors/fenders/lights. I charge another 200 for the rocker panels due to the amount of material. It sounds to me like he is really high on his price. I would check around a little more and I also highly recommend seeing some previous installs before paying someone to do yours.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, thats not really high for RETAIL, i know a couple guys who spent over 1000 for that and hood, I install and sell Ventureshield, as for thickness both the 3M paint protection film and Ventureshield are basically 8 to 8.5 mil. As for price, 3M is about .10 to .15 more a foot, not sure where agent got his numbers, but I have the price sheet in front of me. I assume that the installer prefers Ventureshield that did his car and he told him that. Also it could be that up until about 3 months ago, if you ordered Ventureshield material, the patterns are free, but 3m would have to be bulked or pay for the kit. Now that 3M owns Ventureshield that is not the case. As for the Viper kit, I will upload a picture of it so you can see it.

Last edited:

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperpattern.JPG

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a quote for "Ventureshield", for side sills, and front facia ONLY. Seems high, whats a "fair" price for this? Keep in mind, the price quoted to me, was a "mobile" install. And they guy is about 50 miles from me. So, Im certain there is at least $100 or so padded in for gas/time/tolls. thanks

If you have an 08 hood, I can get you the Ventureshield clearbra for free if your within 1 hours drive of boston MA. I thought NJ was close. If you not close to Boston ask the guy what the labor charge is, and Ill sell you this entire kit as seen above for 300 plus shipping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
85, sent you a PM.. Sounds like a decent price for the kit. Whats a fair price to ask him, to install it for?

I'm most interested in the side sill piece.. After very little miles, I can see this is the area, that takes MOST of the abuse on these cars.. I want to see if my installer will do a "custom" piece to cover the lips (actually remove those bolts, in the fender well area. As well as the bolts UNDER the side sill.. This way, the whole piece is protected.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
85, sent you a PM.. Sounds like a decent price for the kit. Whats a fair price to ask him, to install it for?

I'm most interested in the side sill piece.. After very little miles, I can see this is the area, that takes MOST of the abuse on these cars.. I want to see if my installer will do a "custom" piece to cover the lips (actually remove those bolts, in the fender well area. As well as the bolts UNDER the side sill.. This way, the whole piece is protected.

I guess I'm getting a great deal. I paid $495 for 3M installed for all pieces shown in graphic and he added two pieces in the rear wheel wells and wrapped upk the rear bumper for no extra charge. The guy came to my house for the install. I live 1 hour north of Boston.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a quote for 600$ for the venture shield brand installed for m y 2000 viper, anyone have any comments on that brand price or the venture kit itself etc
thanks

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats about right for retail, but I would not use 3m, to much orange peel, for your everyday driver YES, but not the exotic. Just my opinion. 3M does weather better if its outside 24/7 but for a viper, way to much orange peel.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been using ClearMask for 3 years and it is a 3M product. I have done many Vipers and Corvettes and not one of them has had orange peel . Maybe its a different 3m film but I have yet to see what you are talking about.

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by that as well, as everyone I have spoken with has said that the current 3M film is very good, and has very little orange peel. I had the 3M 3-4 years ago on a different vehicle and it did have a considerable amount of orange peel (still not bad though), but I'm told the newest product is greatly improved...:dunno:

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to update everyone, my install was yesterday. Though I originally thought I was going to have the 3M installed, it turned out that he used the Ventureshield (manufactured by Avery) due to a bit more clarity with that film. According to the installer, both the 3M and Avery are right around the same 8.0-8.5 mil. thickness, as pointed out in another post. The install took about 8 hours, as Alan was extremely meticulous with the entire procedure. The front bumper is definitely a challenge, especially with the stripes. I must say it turned out better than I expected, and a very small bit of orange peel can be seen on the stripes (since they are black), but 50% should disappear when it completely dries/cures. I'm happy that I can finally take it out and not worry about damage from rocks, lovebugs (for those of us in FL), etc. Hopefully it will be money well spent.

Cheers,
-Justyn

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see some pics. Typically orange peel will not clear up. So I think what you ar seeing is the soap/water solution under the film that is left behind(it will look a little milky). It will dry up completely after a few weeks... depending on the temperature there. Its a great investment and you will be very happy that you had it done... especially with those rocker panels.

Thom

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to update everyone, my install was yesterday. Though I originally thought I was going to have the 3M installed, it turned out that he used the Ventureshield (manufactured by Avery) due to a bit more clarity with that film. According to the installer, both the 3M and Avery are right around the same 8.0-8.5 mil. thickness, as pointed out in another post. The install took about 8 hours, as Alan was extremely meticulous with the entire procedure. The front bumper is definitely a challenge, especially with the stripes. I must say it turned out better than I expected, and a very small bit of orange peel can be seen on the stripes (since they are black), but 50% should disappear when it completely dries/cures. I'm happy that I can finally take it out and not worry about damage from rocks, lovebugs (for those of us in FL), etc. Hopefully it will be money well spent.

Cheers,
-Justyn

Just for info, Avery and Ventureshield are different material.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molgera