What's wrong with a perfect Viper ?

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What\'s wrong with a perfect Viper ?

I've advertised a perfect, bone stock, '95 yellow with hardtop and ac and 2200 miles for 6 mo now and the only offer I've even received is $43,000. I've been a Viper Club member since 1996 and thought I had a handle on the market, but $43,000 shocks me. Am I way off base here or is that what a perfect '95 is worth now ? Only selling since I have an '01 yellow ( my 4th Viper ).Would appreciate any input. Thanks, Tim in So. Cal.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s wrong with a perfect Viper ?

A "Perfect" Viper is in the eye of the beholder. It probably was perfect for you when you bought it. At the time it was a "Perfect" color and was the king of the hill.

You probably paid about $65,000 new, but it is no longer king of the hill as the new RT/10 has upgraded suspension, 50 more HP, power windows, ABS, and is 6 years newer. (Yes I know about the sales tax etc.)
Since recent model comes in Yellow also the market is diluted.
Lots of low mileage cars coming to market. Many of us thinking more about 2003 and deciding whether to buy it , and if so to keep first viper, and it's accompaning memories.

$43K sounds low to me, but I bet other members of the board have gotten even better deals.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Flyviper,

In the US, the market for a 1995 RT/10 is around this range now adays. I've seen a 95 RT/10 being sold for $45,000 sometime last year. I know it's sad, but again, it's a 6 years old car and newer model had flooded the market. Good Luck!

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$43,000.00 sounds about right. Bought mine for $45,000.00 but along with everything yours has, I also got polished wheels and a year and a half left on warranty(LIFE SAVER). Plus, mine was red.

At Edmunds, yours should sell for in the 38's but they didn't factor in extra for optional A/C and hardtop which would take it up to 43's.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

That's the number. We have a member with a PERFECT '94 Black w/2 tops and 2 sets of windows... 4,000 miles. He's been asking $44K for months .... no bites!

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There is nothing wrong with the car.. its the economy..
frown.gif
frown.gif

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Noticed your in California - the homes here in the bay area are still hovering around $1 million, but everything else in the State (and possibly the nation) is coming under a price war with the economy in the crapper! The price appears reasonable, but consumers just aren't spending like they were last year. How patient are you willing to be?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That number sounds about right for a nice '95. Of course, the color has much to do with the price. In my opinion, a dk. green Viper isn't worth anywhere near as much as a red one. A Gen 1 Viper is not outdated..compared to newer models. It is a great car in it's own, and has the sidepipes and different interior that you can;t get in a newer Viper. I would also add that I have never seen an exceptional Viper under $40,000. Just my .02.

OP
OP
F

Flyviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for all your replies. What amazes me is that I see other '94 & '95 Vipers actually sold (recently)with much higher mileage for more money. I guess I'll just have to wait for someone who really wants and appreciates a truely showroom car( not just in my eyes- it really is-- David Jenkins will vouch for that ). Thanks again !